• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finished Games?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Hey,

I am new here, so take it easy on me lol. Is their any fully finished games made by members here?

Blue Pikachu

It's a Blue Pikachu!... Lawl
    Years
  • Pokemon RaptorEx is completed from what I gather. You can the topic (and download link) in the Showcase.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • Yeah surprisingly that's the only one. BTW: I know this is off topic but how old is Pokecommunity. Also, based on the games in the showcase, at least three should be finished, don't you think?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Also, based on the games in the showcase, at least three should be finished, don't you think?
    Very true, but almost everyone here suffers from the 3D Realms effect - they strive for perfection, and as a result nothing ever gets released.

Pokemon RaptorEx, on the other hand... has its share of errors (both bugs and other quirks such as odd dialogue).

The problem is that the advanced projects keep on releasing screenshots and Dex refits and new features, all of which make the games look really impressive, and everyone else feels their games should be just as good, so they keep improving rather than actually releasing anything. I fear the bar is now set so high that practically every project now is doomed to never be released.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal Rain is finished. Along with Raptor EX. I think there is one more, but I don't know the name of it.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
    Years
  • I think my game will probably be done in a few months, (as long as I manage to recruit a spriter or two), but that's really only because it's quite a short game. although I had ideas for a massive fangame, I figured I'd probably never manage to finish it, so I decided to make a smaller one first, and see where that led. and honestly, I think it was a really good decision to make - even this game will take months, and I doubt I'll have time to work on fun random things like this next year, so at least this way I'll be releasing something, even if it's not as long and ambitious as the other games out there.

nmorr

Takin a brake. -_-
    Years
  • I agree Maruno

Original post by Maruno>>
    Very true, but almost everyone here suffers from the 3D Realms effect - they strive for perfection, and as a result nothing ever gets released.

I agree, I now see some games starting up again. Honestly, the only reason I can't stick to one project is because the file always corrupts itself. That may be the cause for other games, though I doubt it since they don't tell anyone. Also, you'd think they'd make back up files if so.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Yeah surprisingly that's the only one. BTW: I know this is off topic but how old is Pokecommunity. Also, based on the games in the showcase, at least three should be finished, don't you think?
    Pokecommunity is pretty old. Look at my join date. I was in to game developing back then too, and its surprising that after 5 years, only 3 games have ever been fully completed.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • the SDK has only been out since late 2006 I think so that explains the increase of unfinished games. plus when ppl post their games people are kinda hard on the creator when they post feedback and they lose their inspiration to keep going....

Back