• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem 3 Remake

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
A new Fire Emblem game has been announced!
Well, "new" is relative, since this one will be, like it's predecessor "Shadow Dragon", a remake of one of the early, Japan-only games.
And this time, you will once again travel with Marth in the remake of the 3rd Fire Emblem game, "Mystery of the Fire Emblem" (Monshou no Nazo).

I thought I'd share this bit of information.

Enjoy the trailer and this bit I got from Fire Emblem Wikia.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/

Fire Emblem Wikia said:
Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ (ファイアーエムブレム新・紋章の謎~光と影の英雄, informally translated as Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Dark~) is a remake of Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo, developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. It is the second Fire Emblem remake for the Nintendo DS.

The game stars Marth, the hero of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the original Monshō no Nazo as he fights in a conflict known as the "War of Heroes". He appears to be accompanied by his trusted friend, a robed figure referred to as the "Hero of Shadow", an unsung hero of the war. The text from the official site mentions that the player is a hero of shadow, perhaps indicating that the player will have an important role in the game, akin to the Tactician from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken.
Source : http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Shin_Monshō_no_Nazo_~Hikari_to_Kage_no_Eiyū~

If the player once more is going to get a role in the story, I'd be very happy. I liked how you, the player, were part of the story in FE7:Blazing Sword.
It wasn't hard to imagine that you actually lead the characters to victory.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
W00T, it's for the Nintendo DS!

But...of all of the Jap-only FEs...why 3? It's pretty much making a remake of a remake. =|

I'd rather have 4 but...eh, can't complain.

...although it does seem almost like laziness on IS' part.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Kinda was hoping for a new game altogether, but I guess I can't complain either. A another FE game is always good. No FE2 remake, I guess. I liked that game despite following a different formula from the other FE games.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I'm pretty disappointed in this. I've been wanting a new FE game for the Wii for a while now, but all we've gotten is a DS remake, and now a remake of a remake. Kind of disappointing - hopefully we'll see a brand new entry in the series soon enough.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I'm annoyed that it's not a new game altogether..But I guess it makes sense seeing as it will carry on from Shadow Dragon.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
Okay..I'm annoyed now.
They should've just remade this to begin with.
Fire Emblem 3 only half new. The other half is a remake of the original Fire Emblem.

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I was hoping for their next remake to be 4 and 5 put into one continuous game for Wii, but its nice to see another fire emblem coming here at any rate.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
More news has been released, including the official site of the game.

Artwork
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vi2j/charactor/index.html
Marth seems to be less shiny than in Shadow Dragon. XD

Story (including a timeline)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vi2j/story/index.html

My Unit
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vi2j/myunit/index.html

FireEmblem wikia said:
My Unit is a custom character created by the player who participates in the game's stories and battles, similar to the Tactician from Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken. My Unit is a youth of Altea who volunteers to join the Altean Knights one year after the end of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. The prologue of Shin Monshō no Nazo covers My Unit's rise from a rookie knight to one of Marth's personal guard.
Players can change My Unit's name, gender, starting class, appearance and background. The default appearance of My Unit is the blue-haired, sword-wielding male who stands next to Marth in the game's boxart. The default female My Unit also has blue hair and wields a sword.
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/My_Unit

This is probably the most surprising news. This time the player can actually join Marth in combat. : D And you can, apparently, change their/your appearance any way you want.
Pokémon can learn a little from this.

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
More news~

A Game-play video has been released. =)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vi2j/battle/index.html
See there ^

I love the art of the character portraits so far. : D

This game will also have WIFI features.
I have no idea what they do though, my Japanese reading skills are zero. (Edit: See below)
It also appears that the Male MyUnit's default name is "Kris/Chris", like "Mark" was the Tactician's default name.

The prologue and extra side chapter will heavily feature the new/your character, and you'll be able to recruit previously unobtainable characters.

And it seems, excuse me if I'm wrong, that the Japanese release will be on July 15th 2010. Which is quite soon. :0

AND, major change~ You now apperently have the option of playing in "Casual Mode", which doesn't kill of your characters once they're defeated... How is that done?
Info on the Gameplay

Wikipedia said:
Gameplay features include four difficulty levels; Normal, Hard, Maniac and Lunatic. In addition there are two modes of play; a "Casual mode" where your units will not die permanently when they fall in battle and "Classic mode" where death is permanent as is the tradition of all previous Fire Emblem games.

Like in Shadow Dragon players can connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to battle against another player on multiplayer-exclusive battle maps. Players can loan characters to use in the singleplayer mode and access an online shop to purchase rare and exclusive items using the in-game currency. New to Shin Monshō no Nazo is the option to download exclusive episodes

More Info on the plot:

Wikipedia said:
One year has passed since the War of Shadows (the conflict featured in Shadow Dragon) ended. The Dollhrian Empire, led by the fearsome Shadow Dragon Medeus, was toppled thanks to the combined efforts of Prince Marth of Altea and Duke Hardin of Aurelis. A youth visits Altea castle, hoping to become one of Marth's trusted knights. This youth would one day become the titular "Hero of Shadow", Marth's trusted ally who supports him from the shadows.

Another year later, Marth receives an imperial order from Hardin, now emperor of the newly established holy kingdom of Akaneia. He is to suppress a rebellion that broke out in the kingdom of Grust, which is occupied by Akaneia. Although Marth has his doubts about this order, he has no choice but to fulfil his oath to Akaneia and leaves Altea on an expedition

Box art
Fire_Emblem_DS2J.jpg

Last edited:
Years
YAY!!!!!! I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan ever since the one for the GBA. This is amazing! Oh wait, has it come out yet? Sorry I live under a rock like Patrick the Starfish.

Back