• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Path of Ruin [PG-14]

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years

Intro

Welcome, this is a Roleplay based on the Tactical RPG series Fire Emblem. Everyone is welcome to join, but some knowledge of how Fire Emblem works is needed, or at least preferred.
    This Roleplay was started with co-operation of the Fire Emblem Fanclub

Rated PG-14 for possible violence and blood...
    Fire Emblem is Strategic War game after all...

Map

Spoiler:

1)Dycea (Capital: Kalyan Current Ruler: /) - Nomads
    Spoiler:

2)Gilead (Capital: Darnell Current Ruler: King Marduk) – Wyvernriders
    Spoiler:

3)Yerrahora (Capital: Divinaer Current Ruler: Apostle Rhiannon) - Magicwielders
    Spoiler:

4)Agrona (Capital: Krystle Current Ruler: Caellach) –Swordwielders
    Spoiler:

5)Albarhea (Capital:Mercato Current Ruler:King Lancelot) – Lancewielders
    Spoiler:

6)Westeria (Capital: Dismas Current Ruler: Empress Sandhya) -Pegasus riders
    Spoiler:

7)Marhreae (Capital: Tangaroa Current Ruler: Queen Moana)-Axewielders
    Spoiler:

8)Seas down below - Shape shifters.

Prologue
    ...How it all began

"There once was a time when the continent of Andraste was covered with the sound of weapon clatter. The lands were destroyed and the rivers were dyed a deep red.
    No day passed or countless people died in the war between the several tribes. Each of those tribes searched for victory in form of domination over the others. But none was really strong enough to hold on 'till the end.
    It was at one point that completely unrelated people stood up and decided that all of this madness had to end.
    Be it by horse, Wyvern, or on foot, these people roamed the lands in search of a solution that could save their tainted homelands.
    Their journey came to an end when all of them arrived on the island in the middle of the continent. Surrounded by almost impenetrable mangrove forest and a strip of water, the eight arrived on the island almost at the same time, as if they were called to by a voice no one else could hear.
    As by a miracle, the island had survived the war and had remained untouched. In the centre of the centre, they found a small altar, for a goddess whom was called the Guardian of the world. She had been put to sleep a long time ago.
    With their voices the eight called for her. One man alone would not have been able to awaken her, but together their prayers reached her ears.
    Upon hearing the dreadful news of the war and listening to their request for peace, the goddess sent her divine breath over the world. The wind gathered the feelings of chaos, lust for war and the will to destroy in the middle of the circle the eight had formed around the altar.
    With their talents and strengths, the eight managed to weaken the demons enough for the goddess to lock them up in a simple amulet.
    She assured the eight that she would never let go of the amulet, in order to prevent history from repeating itself.
    And to confirm her words, she changed into a tree made of the purest crystal. Though alive, the plant formed the perfect prison for the amulet, which was surrounded by a blaze of now blue, then red, flames. With its roots, the Divine Tree made sure that no one could enter the cavern beneath it's stem, but those that descended from the eight.
    With what remained of her powers, the goddess, sent the eight away with the message to gather the people of their homelands and create a land that was pleasant to live in. She gave each one of them the strength to fulfil their last task, but took something in exchange from them as well. The strength of the eight would give her the strength to live. And so they went.

The vast plains in the far west were burnt down countless times, and the scorching sun permitted nothing to grow. All that could survive were some kind of grass and few small, insignificant trees. Despite these hard conditions, Aatu (noble wolf) lead his people to live a life of wanderings. On their horses they roamed the plains, in tribes of different sizes. Their arguments got no further than small skirmishes. The land that the nomads called their home was named Dycea.
    In the north the plains slowly transgressed into the mountain range that covers the north side of Dycea and the biggest part of the eastern lands. Although life promised to be harsh for the people who would live there, Toryn lead his people into the mountains. The beasts they rode felt most at ease in their natural habitat. The Wyvernriders of Gilead still honour the name of their first king.
    Between the lands of Aatu and Toryn lays a land that's mostly covered by dark woods; conifers in the north on the sides of the mountains, to broadleaf trees more south. Using the wood of these trees, some settlements would grow to be the grand and magnificent cities of Yerrahora we know nowadays. Aleiyah (descended, risen) founded a religion in honour of the goddess that had helped her and her companions to clean the world. Many of her followers became gifted with the art of Magic (Light (centre)/Anima (south)/ Dark (North)) and were quite intelligent.
    In the lands south of Toryn's lands, on the edge of the mountain range, the people of Sybren (Sword of Victory) found a vain of iron mineral, of which they could craft high-quality swords and armour. It was for this reason that that land of Agrona became famous for it's many knights. But they weren't the only one to profit from their ore.
    The Wyvernriders of Gilead, who lived in the major part of the mountains, felt that they too, had right of the mines. In the end, they agreed to help guarding the mines, in trade for high-quality spears and lances.
    Iestryn (justice), who had until now wandered the lands with no weapons beside his trusty lance, somehow felt a little jealous...
    Although in the beginning, they mainly wanted the iron for their lances, the spearwielders of Albarhea in the far south, they started a very stretched out business plan, which consisted of more than trading iron. Their merchants are welcome in the whole of Andraste, and are known for their high-quality goods.
    The sixth of the eight, was the girl known as Nelani (Calm of the Air). She lived in the lands south of the Nomads, Westeria.
    Nelani rode a very rare kind of horse, the flying Pegasus. And those preferred the sappy grasslands and fertile grounds over the rough plains of the nomads. Many of the girls (as Pegasi prefer female riders) hoped to once become a part of the gracious Pegasus Knights of the empire of Westeria.
    As the land with the longest exploitable coastline Marheae, has known many families who found their wealth in the sea. One of them was the strong axe-wielder, Daylen. Many of the people who lived under his leadership found their taste in axes of all kinds. The men of Marheae have a reputation of being rough people...
    But the presence of the sea has brought forth several troublesome gangs, that even still now scare many of the seadwellers.

The last of the Heroic Eight, is one of whom we know least. Little more than the name of their leader we do not possess.
    It is told that Ylwa (Female of Wolf), fled with her people to the remote islands in the Southern Seas. Some rumours even claim that they were possessed by the spirits of Animals and had the opportunity to change form. This has, however, not been confirmed up to now.

It is now, more than sevenhundred years since the "Purification" of the lands. Although the boundaries of the lands have been clearly drawn, those that carry the heritage of the Eight, are spread all over the land of [ ]. But despite that, many still live where they were lead to. Few Wyvernriders leave their lands... and the cities of Yerrahora are still known for their scholars."

-Alden Scryver, school of Divinaer, capital of Yerrahora-

Intro.
    ...How it will continue

It is indeed now more than sevenhundred years ago since what has been named in legends the so-called "Purification". The island in the middle of the continent still holds the Sacred Tree, known as the Crystal Guardian. The thick mangrove forest still protects the gateway to the keeping of the Burning Amulet, also known as the Fire Emblem.
    Many of the stories have faded, or have been heavily altered, leaving few their original content. Most of the commoners found these stories of a legendary past to be a mere way of spending free time in bars...
    But sometimes on very clear days, the Tree, hidden from the eyes, reflects countless of sunrays on it's crystal surface. If one is lucky, they catch a glimpse of this colourful beauty.

But the peace that lasted long on this land is being threatened. Marduk, King of Gilead, has been conversing with Ceallach (war), king of Agrona. Rumours say that they have been discussing a way to get their hands on the Fire Emblem. What they are up to, is unknown to anyone.
    When the daughter of Ceallach hears of this, she tells her son, Raven, to travel to the Sacred Tree, to make sure it remains safe. But Ceallach doesn't like his grandson, and sends shady people after him.
    Raven manages to fight them of together with his most trusted companions. Eventually they reach the three... but all seems okay. But what if the purpose of Raven's journey, without his mother's knowledge, was twisted to fit in the bigger plans of his grandfather? Raven's pure and slightly naïve heart holds the blood of Sybren, and is thus capable to unleash the chaos upon the lands... he is, however, unaware of this...
    If by his mistake the lands are unleashed onto Chaos, he will need all the help he can get to fight it...

Rules

1)Follow PC's rules strictly
    2)Please post frequently
    3)Make sure your posts are of decent length
    4)Have fun ^_^

(Possible) FAQ

1)How do I sign up?
    Fill in the form below and post it in the Fire Emblem Fanclub. This is to avoid unnecessary posts about joining in the middle of our story.

OR PM ME

Unless stated otherwise, you will be added to the member's list of the FEC as well.

2)Form
    Name: (Full) name of your character
    Class: Class of your character (e.g. Mage, Myrmidon, Pirate, Wyvernrider...)
    Nationality: Country your character is from
    Features: What does he/she look like
    Personality: What is he/she like?
    (Short) Biography: What happened to your character before he/she joined our rp?
    Additional Information: What else do we need to know? Weaponry? Special skills? Side (good/bad)? Recruitable?

3)How many characters can I have?
    Everyone has either 1 or 2 characters, no more, that are completely theirs to control. These characters CAN'T be borrowed, unless there is actually no other option. Of course, small gestures that are in character can be done...
    There will be, however, a large quantity of NPC's (non-player characters) who can be freely used. Their actions should be IC as well, and should make sense. One person can't be at two places at the same time.

Example 1 said:
    Boy1 one (used by player1) anxiously told his story to Girl1 (used by player2), who as always was messing with the string of her bow.

Example2 said:
    Boy1 was anxiously telling his story to Girl1 as he saw NPC1 take a book from the shelve. He abruptly stopped since no one else should be hearing what he had to tell.

next poster
    While Boy2 was sitting outside looking at the sun, he saw NPC1 (the same one as ^) fighting with NPC 2 -> not good...

4)can my character die? Or get hurt?
    Yes, he/she can... although no one wants to die though. The wounded can be healed by the Staff Wielders... but they aren't gods...
    Major injuries should be taken care of in the Medical Corner. :3 And that character won't be able to fight unless he/she is OK again...

5)What about The Weapon/Anima/Magic Triangle?
    Swords -> Axes -> Lances -> Swords (-reavers turn the triangle around)
    Light -> Dark -> Anima -> Light
    Wind -> Fire -> Thunder -> Wind (I think...)

It is nearly impossible to implement this in a story-based RP... at least much more difficult than a stat-based GAME. In our RP, the characters fight with their own abilities (as chosen by the writer), none of them is invincible, all have good and bad points... Those stats aren't generated by random numbers. But keep the triangles in mind... It might work if you think of it somehow (Axes can cut the spear's "stick" more easily than a sword (?), Spears can hit swordwielders more easily, and Swords fight Axes somehow...

6)What about Items? (Healing, Weapons, Promotion...)
    There will be of course Vulneraries, Elixirs etc... They'll somehow make you feel better... As in some kind of medicine.
    Weapons durability won't be counted in times you use them (like an Iron Sword that breaks after 45 times), but in the way you choose...
    The Weapon Level won't change though... You'll know for yourself when you're ready to upgrade.
    Promotion isn't done by levels, but by achievement. If you've done something well, you will earn the right to promote. You're class will be changed in you're character's file... and of course you'll be promoted story-wise.
    Money? The lord(s) will take care of that.. And make sure there's enough supply when needed.

7)More questions?
    PM (with topic Fire Emblem RP) or VM them to me, or post it in the Fire Emblem Fanclub

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Note: Double posted due to post larger than 50 000 characters (maximum post length)

Characters

Member's Characters

Raven(played by Kotowari)
    Spoiler:

Iphraim (played by Kotowari)
    Spoiler:

Leonard (Leon) (Played by Raikiri)
    Spoiler:

Frederick (Played by Raikiri)
    Spoiler:

Xerxes Enalon Dread (played by UraharaSteph)
    Spoiler:

Luna (Played by CyBeastSaber)
    Spoiler:

Adelaar (played by Barney.)
    Spoiler:

Zero (played by PSI Claus)
    Spoiler:

Isaac Kryaen Evenstar(played by Aragorn)
    Spoiler:

Name: Returaio (Re-Teur-Ai-oh) Riviernell
    (played by Brendan Savem)
    Spoiler:

Lyuri (played by CyBeastSaber)
    Spoiler:

Non-Player's Characters

Name: Syarno Garterral
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Here is a total filler post so Kotowari does not end up having a triple post. I apologize if I totally broke every RP rule in the dictionary.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    OOC: Thank's Raikiri. :3 I just wanted to say, my writing style isn't that great, but I enjoy it... And I hope that whoever posts after me, will enjoy it as well... ;D There will be a continuation of this post, Raven's conversations with his mother... but it'd get too long if I continued until the day's over.
    This way I'd give everyone a chance to find out where his/her character is at the moment, and what business he/she is minding. :3

Have fun~

Chapter 1 - Taking Leave

"ENOUGH!" The King's voice echoed through the throne room. The knights guarding the doors at either side of the room were startled by the sudden outburst and some of the ladies (including the maids) present at the audience uttered small sound of uneasiness.
    "I will bear it no more! Have you forgotten how to behave in front of your King? You insolent fool!"
    The man this was directed was standing straight, no longer kneeling in front of the ruler.
    He had to use all his willpower to maintain his anger, his firmly clenched fists were shaking.
    He grit his teeth when he heard the offences.
    "But.. Gra-.. My Lord, the people, they NEED IT! If there is no flood control, with the next heavy rain storm, half of the fields will be flo-..."
    The kings hand struck him in complete surprise, there was no time to defend himself.
    Totally of guard, the man fell on the ground. Hitting his shoulder hard on the carpet-covered floor.
    "I SAID NO MORE! LEAVE!" The King stood in front of the fallen, the hand he had used to smack the one on the floor still raised, the index pointing to the door.
    The man on the floor didn't raise his head to look at the King, but he could fully imagine what he looked like. Clad in expensive clothing, with a long satin cape draped carefully on his royal shoulders, the man had truly the looks of a mighty man. The golden crown he wore on his shoulder-length made the picture complete. It was a man in his early sixties, who's appearances had already started to be stained with the years of his life. His softly curling hair was already more grey than the original dark blonde, and the skin of his once handsome face was not only wrinkled due to his angry frown.
    It was this man, with the Royal Sword on his waist, that he, Raven, was forced to call his grandfather. The man he hated to most. The man who had caused his mother so much grief.
    With the bitter taste of humiliation and failure in his mouth, Raven stood up and left the throne room. As he left, he did not bow nor did he pay any heed to other formalities.
    Silently, the guards moved aside to let the crown prince pass... No one in the room which Raven had left behind uttered a single sound, even the mice seemed to have gone silent.
    And it wasn't until the doors closed behind him that Raven dared to let his emotionless mask fall.

"Urgh..." Seeking support against the cold stone wall, Raven examined his sore cheek with his fingers. It wasn't severely hurt, but he'd feel it for the next couple of hours. His shoulder on the other hand, would take a few days to heal due to a very bad landing.
    He had been stupid, blurting out like that. Everyone knew he wasn't on good terms with his grandfather, and that the other wasn't very fond of him either. He shouldn't have given the King another reason to emphasise his superiority .

"Uhm... My Lord Raven?"
    Raven awoke from his reflecting when he heard that sweet, so very familiar voice. As he opened the eyes he had closed earlier, he noticed a young woman, about 3 years younger than him. Over her white dress she wore a small blue cape with a red border, finished with a silver lining. The same colours that were present in the banner of Krystle.
    Raven inhaled deeply to calm himself, and then he smiled, for he was honestly happy to see her. "Leena..."
    "Lord Raven", she said upon neighing her head. "My Lord, is there anything I can do for you?"
    Raven left his spot against the wall and approached her. Her clothing was that of a servant directly under a member of the Royal Family, to be more precise, she was his servant.
    "I will retreat to my chambers," Raven moaned, he needed serious cooling-down.
    "Yes, my Lord, shall I provide something to refresh yourself...?"
    "Yes, do so..."
    She neighed again and hurried away. Raven's clear blue eyes followed her until she vanished behind one of the tapestries with hunting scenery.
    Raven turned around and took the other way around. When he reached the stairs to his room, Leena was already waiting for him.

She opened the door and he followed her inside. As Leena reached out to one of the high windows to let some fresh air in, Raven took of his cape and threw it on his bed.
    He handed his blue tunic and sweater to the girl who folded them up neatly.
    Then Raven walked to a bowl which Leena had filled with fresh water. He scooped it up with his hands and drenched his face with the liquid.
    It was silent for a while.
    Raven stared into the bowl, trying to catch a glimpse of his cheek on the water's surface. But the constant dripping of his face and hair broke the water mirror every time he thought he saw something.
    "Does it hurt?" Leena finally asked when she handed her Lord a towel.
    Whatever he answered became incomprehensible for her, for the towel distorted every noise Raven uttered. She chuckled.
    Raven lowered the towel, judging by the frown on his face he was slightly offended by her reaction. "What?"
    "Nothing, my lord... Though... It seems that which was hurt most, was your pride."
    "It's not funny!" he replied back, louder than he meant to. But his reaction only made her laugh even harder.
    He turned around quickly so she couldn't notice the slight blush on his cheeks. "You're lucky that your my servant... Any other lord would have thrown you out by now due to your behaviour."
    "It is because you are my lord, Lord Raven, that I can behave this way", Leena answered, suddenly serious again.
    She walked to the big wooden closet and took out a new tunic for Raven to wear and laid it carefully on his bed, next to the cape.
    While he redressed, Leena walked around the room, minding her usual business of keeping the room more or less tidy.
    "Was it really that bad?" she asked when Raven was done.
    "Hm?"
    "The Audience with your King... I heard several things."
    "Hm..." Raven raised from his position on the side of the bed and walked over to the window, where he had a beautiful view on the Palace's gardens, including the highest tower of Krystle's Keep.
    Leena approached her Lord an realised what he was staring to. "Are you going to tell him?"
    "What?"
    "Sir Adelaar... You always tell him when something's bothering you."
    "Oh," Raven raised his shoulders. "I guess."
    "He'll be happy to see you coming again~" she smiled.
    "Meh..." he moaned. "It's just, that man doesn't seem to understand that there is more to a ruler's role than collecting taxes and sending out soldiers."
    Lost in thoughts, Raven barely noticed that Leena guided him to a chair next to the window, where she started combing his blue hair, something she had done ever since she became his servant so many years ago.
    Without averting his eyes from the gardens outside, Raven continued. "I thought the made me governor of the capital's town so I'd learn how to be a man fit to guide his people. That I'd learn how to be someone worthy of the title of "King".
    But as it seems now, that old man refuses to listen to my requests, even if everyone knows that it would not only benefit the people, but him as well."
    "We can only pray that in time, he will listen to you, My Lord..."
    Raven sighed. "Who knows when that will be... and then it might already be too late. That stubborn old man."
    He noticed a bird leaving the Great Tower, it was a little big for a pigeon, but it could very well be one of the hunting falcons.

"By the way, My Lord?" With that question, Leena broke the silence that had lingered for a few moments after Raven's rant. She placed a small golden crown on his head.
    "What is it?"
    "Your Mother, the Queen, has requested your presence."
    Surprised, Raven turned away from the window and directly faced her. "Excuse me?"
    "I met Evelyn in the hallway, My Lord. She insisted that you'd come as soon as you were ready."
    "Evelyn?" Raven muttered. 'It must be serious if she'd send her personal servant, I hope nothing's wrong with her.' As he walked towards the exit, he grabbed his cape and put it around his shoulders.
    In the doorway, he suddenly stopped. "Leena? Why didn't you tell me sooner? It's been a while since I have returned..."
    He did not turn towards her, so he couldn't see the faint smile on her face. "That is, because, My Lord, it wasn't until now that you had fully calmed down."
    "Pfeh..."
    And with that he left in the direction of the quarter of his mother, Lady Elaiyna.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: Hahaha... That was quite interesting to read... Let's see if I still have it in me... (Ooooh.... I can't think of a good name for the bartender....)
    Oh and it was funny how I re-read my sign-up and saw the part about her sleeves reaching just short of her feet... hahaha... bad grammer right there but it's the DRESS and not the SLEEVES that reaches her feet... xDDD

IC:
    The mysterious cloaked figure that always entered into the Krystal tavern every few weeks, caught the eyes of all the people within for all but a second before each and every person went back about of their discussions and whatnot. The mysterious person found a certain seat at the bar that was always kept emptied by the owner of the tavern and with a glance around, calmly sat upon the bolted stool. Slowly, the figure pulled back the large hood of the cape and revealed her silver hair and soft violet eyes along with the face of a young maiden not far from her 20s. Before she motioned for the bartender over, he slid a cup with a clear liquid within it to her before wiping the insides of another larger cup.

"The usual, eh? You always order that... Why not a change once in a while, Luna?" The bartender said before he crinkly smiled at the silver haired woman.
    "This is all but is needed, Albert." Luna replied as she tipped the small cup and drank the liquid with but one gulp. "Still top quality." She flipped a large golden coin towards the bartender who gladly caught the small object before placing it within his vest pocket.
    "Many thanks. What brings you here today? Still doing that search of yours?" The bartender had an eye on her as he mixed a drink for some other customers.
    "Yes, but I'm afraid I've naught to show for it. Things aren't going well. I need a more productive way to get information but I can't with all the sneaking around lately..." Luna felt dispirited more so than usual but she kept her serious face.
    "Hm... You should do some mercenary work. With your abilities, it'll be easy... at least with the regular folks. But there aren't many mercenary factions lately so I think that's out of the question as well...." Albert pondered harder than usual.
    "I see... Mercenary work does sound.... productive... I will think about it." Luna let a small sigh of relief leave her breath as she took another glance around the tavern. "You're more busy than I expected today. What's-" Luna was cut off with an approach by two men, a large and burly fellow and a thinner but well-toned man.
    "Aye, aren't you a pretty one..." The large man said as he elbowed his partner once. "Lone women shouldn't be wandering around alone... Why don't you come with us, eh?"
    Luna shot a glance at the two men. "They're new aren't they?" Albert smiled as he nodded once. "Figures..." Luna stood from her personal stool and faced the two mysterious men.
    "I'm not in the mood to be playing with you two but if you so insist..."
    "Ah... try to keep the damage to a minimum... fixing this place is a pain you know..." Albert interrupted.
    "Yes yes, I'll end it with one attack, happy?" Luna started muttering an incantation and the designs on her gloves began to glow. As she finished, Luna quickly dashed towards the two, who were surprised by such mobility, and hit them with her palms before she jumped back to her original spot. The two men weren't phased as they chuckled.
    "Hah... Is that all? I guess it's time for our-" Before they could say anything else, Luna yelled, "FLUX!" and snapped her fingers. The two men were suddenly engulfed within two dark spherical orbs that swirled and twisted. Before they knew it, the men were lying on the ground and moaning. Luna dusted her gloves off and peered at the two men.

'I think I've overstayed my welcome...' Luna muttered to herself. "I'll be going now, Albert." Luna flipped on her hood and made her way towards the exit. "Sorry about leaving you the clean-up." She said with a final glance back at the bartender.
    "It's alright and anytime, Luna." Albert replied as he bowed towards the disappearing figure before him.
    "I hope she stays out of trouble..." Albert murmured and went about his business.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

OOC: Ewwww.... It came out horribly... Oh well... My action scenes are diminishing lately... >.<;

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "Well here we are, my friend. Castle Krystle of Agrona. Home of the royal family and probably my least favorite king, Caellach," announced the proud mercenary Leonard. He was followed by his modest comrade, Frederick, who he looked at as a younger brother on some level. Frederick gulped and looked at the castle that stood in the distance with his brown, powerful and wild stallion in tow. Leon glanced over to Frederick who in turn faced him with a nervous look on his face, which was completely normal. Leon simply ignored it and smirked as he grabbed a worn brown cloak and wrapped it around his body before putting the hood on over his head.

"Um...Leon. You are aware that the Agronian military is after us for breaking out of their one prisons right? So why are we heading to the capital....where they have the most military officials are located?" Frederick asked almost panicking, wondering why Leon would wear a hood in broad daylight with clear skies with no chance of rain. The nervous wreck turned more into a curious mess in the seconds that followed.

"Simple, Freddy. We are going to the last place they'll look and these hoods are an attempt to make us appear as innocent traders. You see, those law bringing idiots will expect us to lay low in the more rural villages therefore the smart to do is to hide in some urban area. Krystle is the largest one I think of at the time so naturally we'll go there. Now get your hood on and let's go! I wanna hit a bar. May as well act as natural as possible and hope I don't have to pull my sword out." Frederick could only sigh in response and pulled the hood from his long cloak up in an attempt to appear as any regular traveler.

The dynamic duo slowly walked to the castle gates where two soldiers stood their ground. As they approached the main gate, they armed themselves and blocked the entrance. "Halt. What is your business in Krystle?" The old asked in stern commanding voice. Leon couldn't help but crack a smile followed by a chuckle, which perked the guard's interest in the situation.

"Can't say I didn't expect this," Leon mumbled under his breath motioning Frederick that he would handle it to the best of his ability. He cleared his throat and attempted his best Albarhean accent that he learned traveling with Frederick for so long. "My name is Christian, son of Michael. And this is my younger brother Nicolas. We are from of Albarhea and seek to engage in trade with your local markets. May we pass?" In the background, Frederick let out a silent laughter after Leon talk so proper for the first time in some time. Meanwhile, the guards were slightly shocked.

"Michael? Isn't he some high class merchant from Albarhea?" The one, more quiet guard said aloud.

"Yeah, but I heard he died and the business failed. I didn't know he had any sons either," the vocal guard responded.

"We are attempting to keep the business alive to the best of our ability. Now my brother and I would appreciate it if you would let us pass."

"Yes you may. Make sure to follow the standard laws of Agrona and no funny business. Enjoy your stay." The guards withdraw their defensive measures and the two were permitted within the city borders.

Leon motioned Frederick to follow and the young man on his horse followed. They made their way to the business district slowly. Frederick's horse convinced most people to move out of the way, which was a good thing for Leon due to his habit on shoving bystanders out of the way. The city was fairly crowded and Leon made numerous stops in an attempt of to remember the layout of the city. While this angered Frederick on some level, he allowed it to pass. He was aware of Leon's love for food, drink and women and it was bad idea to stop him in these moods. In fact, one time Leon almost attacked and killed Frederick when he attempted to stop the rabid Leon. You could say, he learned his lesson that day: Never stop a man from getting his alcohol.

"I must say Leon, your accent needs some work. And I was surprised you know of Lord Michael. He was a prosperous merchant several years back before his untimely death. He was a family friend of my father's actually. How did you hear of him?" Frederick chuckled with curiosity in his voice.

"During my bandit days, I raided several trade caravans. Rumors were that belonged to a rich noble named Michael. Culture shows merchants are from your region. So I just gambled when I made up our names. Call it luck." Frederick face-plamed himself before opening his eyes again. In his vision, he saw tragedy strike. A small girl with long sliver hair was walking towards the duo and Leon in his blind happiness of his uncanny luck was walking in the opposing direction looking up at Frederick with little concern of his surroundings. Before words could leave his mouth, a loud crash could be heard on that block.

OOC: I apologize if the individuals in this RP do not like what I did here. But I wanted to prompt some character interaction so it does not get old before it even starts.

Leon's height became his downfall and his lower jewels were struck. The woman was short, at least several inches shorter than Frederick who in turn was shorter than Leon, so logically it would make sense he would be struck in a valuable region. With a deep groan, Leon stepped back several feet in pain. "Ow.....that really hurt." Frederick leapt off his horse and checked on Leon before helping him off the ground.

"Take it ea--"

"What was the big idea you silver haired witch? You have no idea who you are messing with do ya? Clearly you have never heard of me, so allow me to grant the honor of an introduction. I am the Lion of the White Plains, the Sword of Argona. I am the probably the best single mercenary in the region. Leonard. And you just rubbed me the wrong way!" He yelled, reaching for his sword. With quick reflexes, Frederick gripped and crushed Leon's sword arm.

"Let's not start any unneeded fights. We don't want the guards on our asses. What if anyone actually heard you boasting? They are bounties on our heads after all," Frederick muttered loud enough that if anyone tried to listen in on him, they probably could catch most of the important details.

"Good point....let's go," he began before turning his attention to the sliver haired woman. "You should watch yourself. If I see you again....I'll.....I'll.....I have no idea what I'm going to do honestly."

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    OoC: Sorry for the wait. Here is my post. :D Quite long, and just finished. ^_^ But it's an important part for the story, so I needed to make it long. Hope you don't mind it. XD

Raven stood in front of the door to his mother's dorm. It was clear that he had entered the chambers of highly-placed individual. But the atmosphere was completely different than his grandfather's rooms. A cool breeze caressed the carpets hanging against the white chalked wall. But despite the wall decoration and the differently coloured patterns the glass-in-lead windows shed on the dark wooden floor, there was no joy between these walls, just a strange feeling of melancholy.
    Raven sighed before knocking on the biggest door in the hallway.
    The cry of a crow somewhere outside distracted him from the door in front of him. He averted his eyes to see if he could see something through the coloured window closest to him.
    This little time in which he looked away was enough for the door to be opened up a little.
    The woman inside the chamber carefully inspected the visitor. When Evelyn realised who it was, she fully opened the door, taking a step back and lowering her head to let her superior enter.

Raven crossed the door frame and entered what he guessed was probably the most open room in al of Krystle's Castle. It was a room designed for his mother's taste, for her desire to see the horizon, for her heart to be able to fly, for her wish to feel the sun's warmth through the large windows.
    The room's appearance had changed little over the years. The tapestry Raven walked on, muffled his footsteps. In one of the corners, near the windows, several chairs stood. Draped with satin and accompanied with uncountable soft cushions, Raven knew from his childhood that they were a delight to sit in, be it winter or summer.
    A small table stood in the middle of the circle of chairs. A single white rose cast its shadow on the white table cloth. Several of Lady Elaiyna's most precious belongings were left in a jar made of blue glass. It was in that same jar that she kept the remaining gifts of her lost love.
    Bathing in the sun's light both the flower's vase and treasure box seemed to be shining.
    Memories of his mother lost in thoughts or he sitting in those chairs listening to her breathtaking storytelling, rendered Raven's mood into melancholy.
    Quickly he turned away from the scenery, this was no time to be reminiscing about passed times.
    "Raven.., you came."
    "Mother..." Raven smiled when he saw her standing the doorway opposite to the one he came through. With her long golden hair flowing behind her as they approached each other and her long dress made of the exquisite red satin, Lady Elaiyna was truly a beauty. Her movement like that of a goddess was enough to render every man's knees weak.
    No one who'd watch the scene of mother and sun embracing, would say they were related.
    Raven's looks were mainly defined by his father's genes, the only thing he inherited from his mother were his eyes. Radiant blue eyes that were exactly the same as hers.
    Raven was happy to see his mother again and she was obviously happy to see her son. Raven realised he should have come to see her more.
    But Raven realised that her embrace took longer than usual, and that she held him tighter than usual.
    "Mother?" Since he was taller than her, Raven looked down on her golden hair. A golden dragonfly gazed back at him. "Is something amiss?"
    At last she released her arms from around him. The look she had on her face was strange.
    "Raven..." she started. " Come, I need to tell you something."

Slightly worried, Raven followed his mother to the corner with comfy chairs. She sat down and Raven placed himself opposite of her.
    Evelyn rushed to help her lady draping her dress right, but Lady Elaiyna raised her hand and sent her to get something to drink.
    It was than that Raven realised that whatever was on his mother's mind, would take a while to tell.

It wasn't until Evelyn hand poured something in their glasses that Lady Elaiyna averted her eyes from the scenery outside. She had been staring in distance, to the point where the Laeher flowed into the Altear, Agrona's two largest rivers. It was a sight to behold. Altear, which had always been in a hurry to reach the sea, and Laehar, whose slow pace lead it from Yerrahora to Agrona, joined in a mix of waterfalls and underground passages. Raven loved going to their meeting point when on warm days. But he didn't come her reminisce about things like that.
    "Raven," his mother finally said, "have you ever heard of the Legend of the Crystal Tree?"
    Raven was surprised she even asked. Ever since he was young he had been told the story of how eight average people met at a the Crystal Tree and saved the world from the darkness of war.
    "Of course, you have told me this tale countless times over the years. Why bring it up now?"
    Elaiyna smiled slightly when she saw her son's confused face.
    "Because..." she said wit her serene voice. "It is the core of what I am going to ask of you, my dear."
    Raven leaned back in his chair, one leg over the other, his hands crossed on his thigh.
    Lady Elaiyna sat straight as always as she asked: "Tell me, Raven, what do you remember of the story.."
    Discontent, Raven answered her. "More than seven hundred years ago our continent was swept in turmoil. With no sight of a ending, eight people left their homes in all corners of Andraste to start their quest in search of way to stop the fighting." Raven frowned as he thought back on how his mother (and many others) told him the story.
    "As if driven by fate the eight, though completely unrelated to each other, found themselves at the heart of our world where the Goddess of the Tree awaited them.
    In trade for a share of their strength, the Goddess promised the eight that she would rid the continent of evil...
    She succeeded in her plan and sealed the demons within herself. Though she would be able to contain their powers, the Goddess made the eight swear that they'd protect her for she wouldn't be able to defend herself after she would seal herself away. Then she turned into that magnificent tree that we can all still see today."
    Elaiyna chuckled. "That last sentence kind of ruined the mood you set so nicely."
    "Mother..." Raven groaned.
    "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.. Please, do go on."
    Raven coughed and continued. "Then the eight each went their separate ways and founded the countries of Andraste. One of those, Sybren, became our founding father and the first king of Agrona."
    "Indeed, that is the story as it was passed on. You did well. But, Raven, do you know of the Fire Emblem?"
    "Fire Emblem?" Raven asked. "It sounds vaguely familiar... though I can't recall exactly what it is."
    "It is said that the Goddess sealed the demons inside her own heart, but it would be more accurate that she put them away into an amulet she wore around her neck." Elaiyna placed her hand on her own necklace. "Very close to her heart..."
    This new information had piqued Raven's interest, and he leaned forward/
    "But the small thing, although blessed with strong magic, could not fully seal away the brute force of Darkness... It leaked."
    "Leaked?"
    "Yes... As a drop running from a cracked bottle... the magic dripped from the amulet. But unlike the drops of water or wine, it leaked in the shape of a bright flame, blue for all the sadness, red for all the anger. By this the Goddess' Amulet has been given the name of the F-"
    "...Fire Emblem." Raven finished her sentence.
    "That's right."
    Leaning back again, Raven frowned... Something was bothering him.
    "But, Mother, why did you tell all of this to me?"
    Elaiyna's serene expression suddenly shifted to worry.
    "You know that the Goddess asked the eight people gathered in front of her to support her, don't you?"
    Raven nodded.
    "She asked them to lend their strength to her, and when they'd pass on, so would their children... For as long as their blood runs on Andraste's grounds. It would still the Tree's hunger and fill it with strength to guard those same grounds. Even now, you and I are connected to tree in a way we cannot understand."
    At this, Raven raised an eyebrow. He hadn't been aware of it.
    "I see you are surprised. Let me tell you, you are not the first one, and most certainly won't be the last one to find this surprising.
    But, to continue, with that link came another thing. Whoever had the blood of Andraste in their veins would be able to control the Fire Emblem to some degree."
    "What?" Raven who had wanted to take a sip from his drink almost choked when he heard that.
    "Yes... As how I've heard, since the Goddess is forced with the containing of the Amulet's flame, the Guardians are blessed with the ability of releasing and resealing the flame. Just how this is a blessing, remains questionable."
    "But-"
    With a wave of her hand, Lady Elaiyna put her son back to silence.
    "Have patience, my boy.... It is necessary you know this before I come to the point.
    Not many people have knowledge of this ability, obviously those of Andraste's bloodline, but also some others on this continent. Though not all are of ill will, in the past, some have tried to use this power to change Andraste's ways."
    "What do you mean?"
    "Man is weak to Power, Raven, it is easy to give in to the desire to obtain strength greater than your own, to become greater than those around you... to become immortal in History.
    And it is that desire that has driven some to unlock the Fire Emblem's seal to use this huge source of strength to realise their twisted dreams.
    But time after time, they were stopped just in time to preserve Andraste from an ill fate."
    Elaiyna paused a moment.
    "Mother?"
    "Though our world was saved by countless known and less known heroes, related to the Eight or not, one couldn't stop wondering if one day, the Goddess' Judgement wouldn't suffice anymore... That one day she'd succumb to the dark flames burning near her heart, that her heart would vaporise , just like that... And thus setting free the beasts, unstoppable by their divine food."
    Raven saw his mother frown when she paused again. She grabbed the fabric of her dress tightly between her fingers. Whatever she was going to say next was not going to easy for her.
    "And I am afraid... that that time is nigh."

Raven froze when she spoke those words. It was unthinkable that something like that would happen... But whatever reasons his mother was basing her judgement on, they must be reliable.. for her expression was truly odd.
    "But..." It was all that Raven could utter.
    "I know this must sound odd and out of the blue... But –" she folded her hands on her chest. "- I too am a descendant of the Sybren... and I think the Tree is trying to warn me. I don't know how to explain it... I have a feeling... –she laid her hand on her heart- that something is going to happen."
    Raven looked at his mother from across the small table. There was no lie in her blue eyes, there never was, just worry and concern. And though it wasn't visible right now, there was also the feeling of missing something very important.
    "And I would like you, Raven, to go and check on the Goddess... I beg of you..."
    "Me? What? Why?"
    "Though it hurts my heart as your mother to see you embark on a possibly dangerous journey, I have no one else to send."
    Raven was startled by her sudden demand to embark on a journey. "Couldn't you send one of your knights?"
    Lady Elaiyna shook her head slowly. "I'm afraid not... my child. Sending my knights would alarm my father and I think he might be involved in things he shouldn't be involved with."
    "I wouldn't be surprised if he was..." Raven sneered.
    "Raven... Though I cannot agree with his attitude towards those I hold very close to my heart, that man wasn't always like this... he used to rule the country with steady, but righteous hand. He took care of the people as it was his duty as the King of Agrona, a responsibility that came with the crown he wears on his head and the sword he carries at his belt."
    "I can hardly believe it..."
    "Yes, that man has most certainly changed... In a way that I cannot begin to understand why.
    So, please, Raven, will you go?"
    Raven sighed deeply before he answered. "Seems like I have little choice but to obey my dear mother, don't I?"
    Elaiyna was slightly put back by her son's blunt comment, but when she saw the smile on his face she softened. It seemed he was more eager to go than he was showing. 'Any excuse to leave that man will do... right?'
    "My lady?" Evelyn's sudden voice, made mother and son alike to gasp for air.
    "Dear Goddess, Evelyn, don't startle me so.." Lady Elaiyna said trying to slow down her heartbeat.
    "Oh, pardon my interruption, my Lady, but it time to leave."
    "Leave?" Raven asked.
    "Oh, yes... I had almost forgotten..." Lady Elaiyna sighed. "How it saddens me I must leave you know... when I had wanted to discuss so many things with you."
    "What is it, mother?"
    "I have a dinner I must attend as the King's daughter... By your reaction I guess he didn't invite you?"
    "Not a word."
    Elaiyna walked towards her son and kissed him on his forehead. "Maybe it's better this way... Take what's left of today to gather those you want to take with you... And one more thing, though I said I could not send my knights, I will send one with you. Gareth will be waiting for you before dawn... tomorrow."
    "Gareth? Head of your personal Guard... and Before dawn?"
    Elaiyna nodded. "You must make quick haste."
    She kissed him again on his forehead. "And please, do be careful."
    Then she turned around and left a dazzled Raven alone in her room. Evelyn would follow her mistress until the end of the hallway, to return until she was needed again.

Raven rose from his chair and looked out of the window. Judging by the sun's height, there were approximately six hours left before sunset. Perhaps not a significantly long time, but Raven felt that these hours were going to be hard. He first needed to swallow whatever his mother had told him, from the beginning seven hundred years ago, to his sudden journey tomorrow... and maybe even into the near future.
    It surprised him most of all that all of this had to happen in complete secrecy. Names passed in Raven's mind... but it would take him nearly all afternoon to nail it down to six people he was certain his mother would approve of.
    Raven turned away from the window, about to leave, but his eye fell on the small table that had separated him and his mother during their talk. The sunlight behind him, made his mother's beloved possessions shimmer brightly. He noticed a pair of simple, but beautiful none the less, earrings. Made of silver, with a bright blue stone, Elaiyna held those closest to her heart. One day she had lost one of them, and forced her entire household to look for it.
    Raven knew why they were so precious to his mother. He took one and held it into the rays of the sun. The stone shone in the same ways his mother's eyes could shine when she was truly happy.
    He could almost see how his father handed them to a younger version of him mother. How she reacted when she saw them... how he put them in her ears...
    It was his first gift for her, and everything he had given her could not compete with the simplicity of it. Lady Elaiyna had taken care of everything he had given her with the utmost care ever since he was exiled. Even though his father wasn't around anymore, the earring Raven held in his hand marked the beginning of his parents' mutual love and he would be the result of it.
    "My lord? You are still here?"
    "Ah, Evelyn, I was just about to leave... He carefully folded his fingers around the precious jewel. "Evelyn? Will you please tell my mother that I took her earring?"
    "My Lord? Wha- The blue one?! No you mustn't do that!"
    "I'm sure it will be all right, Evelyn... Just tell her that, this way... I'll have both my parents with me." And then he walked away, leaving a surprised Evelyn alone.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Luna peered at the fellow who had collided with her as he was sitting on the ground. Another man nearby came off his horse to help the one on the ground up and seeing their casual conversation, they seemed to be friends. The man who declared himself as 'the Lion of the White Plains, the Sword of Argona. ... probably the best single mercenary in the region, Leon' was quite a loud guy and that wasn't good for Luna since there was already quite the common folk among them. If only I could shut him up again... Luna pondered.

"You should watch yourself. If I see you again....I'll.....I'll.....I have no idea what I'm going to do honestly." Did he say no later before him and his friend started to walk away.

Luna was surprised. He was the first person to actually give her an ACTUAL warning and Luna was intrigued because he didn't even KNOW who she was, save being a random silver-haired witch.

"Oho... well... I'll wait for that time. You seem to be a promising foe." Luna shot Leon a 'serious-but-interested' look and continued her walk.

"And watch where you're going next time. That ignorantly blissful look on your face could kill you on the battlefield." Luna wasn't too happy about that as well now that she had thought about it. The little dilemma really wasted her time and Luna could but only express it with a sigh.
    -------------------------​

OOC: Eh.... I'll leave it at that.... (yeah short I know... >.<; ). We have to start our journey soon.... and who better to do it than Raven... Hahahahaha! (We need more people... :( It's hard to get things started with only so few people)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2012
    (well, that's why I'm here to help)

Krystle, like the many capitals of the island continent, was a center of trade from all corners of the land. Many of these came by land, being pulled from faraway places by oxen and horses. Krystle also had a harbor biting the edges of the river on the outskirts of the city. The ships that came in here were always of small size, usually yachts, loaded with fish that left barely the night before. Now however, a new ship was mooring into the harbor. It was quite a two sail ship, with oars out in the case of no wind. The sails fluttered gently as the ship cruised across the river, parallel to the wind. Dock workers scrambled around preparing to help dock the ship that seemed like a giant compared to what they were used to working with. On the deck of the ship itself, similar actions were happening. Men in uniform, which consisted of a white shirt, navy-blue and orange overcoat, and leather pants, as well as men with simple t-shirts and shorts, were shifting up and down the ship doing all sorts of tasks, such as tying down the sails from the mast that held them, or bringing out planks and ropes to tie the ship down to the docks. In the center of all this, there was the captain, in full uniform and bearing a rapier held to his waist by a scabbard, directing all the action, giving orders and signals to do the necessary tasks in the docking process. He wore no hat and his blonde hair lay in perfect symmetry with his spine as it linked together in a ponytail behind his narrow face. At last, the gangplank was lowered down, finalizing the link between land and ship. The captain relaxed his voice and marched down the gangplank. A pair of soldiers that were on the dock also came out to greet the captain. They exchanged salutes and began the introductions.

"Welcome to the Krystle river port, captain from Marhreae, state your name and business here." The first of the soldiers questioned,

"I am Captain Returaio Riviernell, a servant in the navy of her majesty; Queen Moana. I come bearing your ambassador to Marhreae, who requests an audience with your king." Returaio explained, retaining his posture and formality.

"Ah, the king has been expecting you. A cart was here waiting for you all morning. Feel free to disembark your crew; we will make sure your ship is in top shape for your departure." The soldier continued. The captain nodded then turned back to his ship. The rest of the crew had formed a line on the dock with their back to the ship they had spent the last four days on. Returaio stood in front of his crew as he gave them their orders,

"Men! You are hereby free to leave the ship until we return to Marhreae in seven days time! Feel free to spend your nights within the ship, but do not interfere with anything within the city, so no bar fights, understood? Good, dismissed." He firmly spoke, the formation of the crew quickly collapsed as the men, soldiers and crewmembers alike broke into their separate ways. Returaio returned onto the ship, went below deck, and knocked on a door within. "Ambassador Garterral, we have docked in Krystle and you are expected in the castle, should I escort you to the grounds?" he asked though the door, there was a pause, then a shuffle of a chair, then the door opened. The ambassador was a man in his early sixties, with a head of grey hair, and stout body. He wore the classic uniform of Marhreae governmental officials, which was more basic than Returaio's, as well as the cape of the Agronian colors. The combination of the two attires was a symbol of his position as the link between the two countries.

"Thank you for offering Captain Riviernell, your honor precedes your position well. Not many other captains would be this honorable and generous." The ambassador spoke, his voice was quite raspy in his old age, and he had to pause occasionally to catch his breath.

"Nonsense; my duties to you are as important as my duties to my admiral, and my queen." He replied. Although he did not show it, Returaio was deeply proud of such compliments, and relished them as a child would with a lollypop. "Shall we go now? A transport is waiting to collect you." He continued, standing back to let the ambassador though first.

"Yes, must not keep Lord Caellach waiting. And I pray to the goddess that the rumors are not true." Garterral answered, whispering on the final sentence. Returaio looked at the ambassador in surprise; this was the nature of his visit? Returaio had heard the rumors; it was the major topic of discussion all over Andraste. Supposedly, Caellach had banished his son in law, and the heir to the throne. Of course, the truth behind it was stretched as the rumor spread across the continents. The story in Marhreae was that Caellach banished Raymond due to a lack of food in the castle. This, of course, was obviously false. Returaio said nothing else as he followed the ambassador off the ship, helped him into the horse-pulled wooden cart, and then climbed aboard himself. Returaio looked over the side of the cart and looked at the island that stood on the edge of the horizon. The Crystal Tree of Legend was said to situate itself on the island. From this distance however, the tree was blocked from all vision and could not be seen, apart from-

A dazzling bright light suddenly filled his vision and blinded Returaio shortly; he covered his eyes with his arm and held for a second. Of course, the sun would reflect the light of the crystals at regular intervals. Rubbing his eyes, Returaio relaxed in the cart as it towed him and the ambassador into the city of Krystle.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    An hour had passed since Raven had left his mother's rooms. Now, he was sitting outside, on one of those giant granite blocks laying around the castle garden. For the past forty-five minutes, Raven had been pondering about his task. It seemed very easy, after all countless of pilgrims made the trip to the sanctuary on Yerrahora's ground on a daily basis.
    But the way his mother was so secretive about this made it seem as if it there was more playing.
    Raven played with the borrowed earring between his fingers. He should remember to ask Leena if she had anything he could use to hang it on. Keeping such a precious item loose in his pocked wasn't an option.
    And what's worse, Raven couldn't decide on who to pick for his little team.
    The only one he was certain about was-
    "What are you doing here? Spacing out like that is nothing like you... at all"

Raven turned around when he heard that voice coming from behind him. Though he didn't really need to see to know who it was.
    "Adelaar!" Raven welcomed his friend with a smile on his face.
    A friend by your side is a welcome gift in times of worry.
    The grin on Adelaar's face revealed the easy-going mood the mercenary was in.
    As Adelaar landed on the rock next to Raven, he took his trusty sword from his side and laid it down on the grass.
    "What's with that sorrowful face of yours?" he asked Raven.
    As the prince unfolded his mother's story to his companion, he saw Adelaars' expression change several times. When he finally ended, Adelaar had taken his face in his hands. His azure eyes were fixed on a undefined point in the distance, with his eyebrows in a clear frown.
    It remained silent in the castle garden until Adelaar reached the same conclusion as Raven: something was off.
    But neither of two young men had any idea what could be off. Their speculations soon exceeded the point of common sense and they both burst out in laughter.

"By the way..." Adelaar started trying to catch his breath after Raven had tried to his best to tell a very strange tale with a straight face.
    "Hm?" Raven chuckled.
    "Did you hear that there's some important delegation is coming to Krystle today?"
    "Delagacy?" Raven repeated. "From where?"
    "And that calls himself the prince of Agrona. Doesn't even know what's going on his own castle," Adelaar snorted.
    "Very funny..."
    "Sorry... But apparently there's some bigwig from Marhreae coming."
    "Marhreae..."
    "Are you gonna repeat everything I say?"
    "Quiet down, will you?" Raven moaned irritated. "That country usually doesn't have much to do with Agrona's business... After all our main partners are Gilead and Albarhea..."
    "Exactly."
    "Have you heard anything that might explain their coming?"

Adelaar leaned back until his was laying with his back on the hard surface of the rock. "I heard a lot..." he started. "Though I can't exactly place what's right and what's wrong."
    Of course. Many of what Adelaar caught on his daily tours around town were mere rumours. Nothing to be taken too seriously.
    He raised his arm to shield his face from the sun. Raven noticed the many scars that were carved into his skin. Even now it made him wonder how Adelaar got them. Though he had returned the castle quite some time ago, he never really explained to Raven how he got the scars all over his body, including the one that divided his face in an upper and lower half.
    "What did surprise me most, however..." Adelaar continued, "is what I heard from a sailor who originally came from Marhreae. I, at least, would suspect it to be quite believable, seeing where he's from and our visitors are coming from is the same place."
    Raven nodded. "Then what is it he told you?"
    "Don't be too surprised, will ya? But apparently, Queen Moana has caught wind of some trouble brewing in Krystle's royalty."
    "What?"
    "Though her clock is running a little late."
    "What on earth are you talking about?"
    Adelaar sighed and brought himself straight again. It was then that he lowered his voice so no one but Raven could hear him.
    "They're talking about Lord Raymond's banishment all over the continent..."
    "WHAT?" Raven shouted louder than he intended to.
    Adelaar's eyes turned around the garden quickly. No one seemed to be around at first glance, but none the less he continued in his whispery tone.
    "Quiet down... you know how your grandfather thinks about that man."
    "Adelaar... that man is my father..."
    "I know, and that's why specially you should be quiet."
    "I know... But my father's banishment was years ago... I wasn't even born back then."
    "Yeah..." Adelaar raised his shoulders. "That's what surprised me most... That all of Andraste seems to be talking about it... now"
    Raven remained silent.
    "I have however no confirmation of that fact." Adelaar continued. "At least in Krystle the rumours seem to be non-existent."
    "No wonder... they had twenty-two years to reach everyone's ears." Raven stated emotionless.
    "Regardless of that... fact," Adelaar has raised his voice again to its normal volume, "we should consider there are other reasons why Moana wants to get involved in Agrona's business."
    "Perhaps... When are they going to arrive?"
    "About a little while ago..." Adelaar stood up, blocking Raven's sunlight with his tall figure. "They should be present at the dinner you're mother's going to be at. Oh well... I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I'll let you know if by any chance they catch something interesting."
    "Thank you... Are you going somewhere?"
    "Nah... nothing important to be honest. Nerven said he wanted to practice some swords' play. He should already be waiting for me."
    "Nerven? That guy from the Royal Guard?"
    "Yup, that guy." Adelaar smiled. " Don't worry, I won't tell him anything."
    "I wasn't talking about that..." Raven groaned. "By the way, if you see Robyn... could you please tell him I wish to speak to him?"
    "You mean Archer Guy?"
    "Indeed. I mean that archer boy."
    "No problem." Adelaar uttered when he lifted his sword. "You must have your reasons."
    "What's that supposed to mean?"
    "Nothing in particular."
    "Adelaar... I-"
    "No worries, no worries...I'll be there, before sunrise... with Archer Guy."
    Raven shook his head as he saw his friend leave. Raven had known Adelaar since they were kids. Though Adelaar has suddenly vanished after his mentor's tragic death, Raven had always thought of the mercenary as his friend and trustworthy companion.
    One day Adelaar had suddenly appeared on the Castle's doorstep. Welcomed no more by anyone than Raven, Adelaar had found himself a place to call home once more. But Raven noticed that the Adelaar he knew now, was different of the Adelaar he had known then.
    Though he was still Adelaar, he had changed.
    Sometimes, Raven really didn't understand this new Adelaar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2012
    (Inactivity: not the best way to greet activity...)

The ride across the town and towards the castle was a relatively smooth one. People gave looks towards the coach, curious to whom was riding it. The only real interesting thing was when two men ran out of a small bar and began wrestling each other on the street. A crowd formed around them, as they watched the two drunken men beat each other up.

"And people say Marhreae is the barbaric country." Returaio muttered to himself as they rounded a corner and left the drunkards to their business. Eventually, they crossed the drawbridge and entered the courtyard of the king's palace. Returaio was the first to get off, and he subsequently helped the ambassador off, who stood for a moment to inhale the air slowly, then exhale again.

"It's been nearly thirty years since I last came to this castle, and yet it changes so little. The castle is as beautiful as ever." He whispered, and then brought Returaio with him as they entered the castle doors. A high-ranking soldier in full armor and spear in hand approached them on sight.

"Ambassador Garterral, the king welcomes you despite the short notice of your visit. Unfortunately, he currently has issues to deal with. He has invited you to attend his banquet tonight in order to present the issues you have at hand. Until then, allow me to escort you to your quarters." The guard explained, he was about to turn and lead the ambassador across the room, but the ambassador turned to Returaio first.

"Until our return to Marhreae, you are as free as your crew. Do what you please in the town for the time being, you will be summoned when you are needed again." The ambassador said, in perfect formality. Returaio slowly bowed, then watched the ambassador disappear down one of the many corridors of the castle. Returaio took a minute to scan the room he was in. A lavish hall with banners, flags, and pictures hanging on all the walls. Six guards stood on either side of a long, red carpet, which stretched from the doors of the castle, across the room, and into an opening on the far side. A small flight of stairs blocked view of what was beyond the archway, but it was most likely Caellach 's throne room. Thanks to the two guards on either side of the archway. It was quite clear that he was not allowed through. There was nothing else for him here, so Returaio turned around and exited the main castle and into the garden. As he walked across towards the doors, he decided to return on foot to his ship to change into something more appropriate for wandering around Krystle with.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    (indeed it is not. D= I most certainly don't want to see this die. ;; But I've been kinda busy with exams... Otherwise I would have most likely posted earlier. I already skipped to the evening halfway my post. Just so you know.)

With a fast pace Raven crossed the gallery surrounding the inner courtyard. It was the shortest way between the outer gardens and the great hallway, where the stairs to Raven's chambers were. And besides, it was the most beautiful route. At this time of the season, many of the flowers were in full bloom and released their fragile yet overwhelming fragrances in the air.
    In combination with their bright colours, they would attract all kind of visitors to assure that next year they would bloom just as well.
    Yet Raven didn't notice anything of this beauty. Nor did he notice any of the personnel crossing his path. They moved out of the way quickly and neighed their heads when their lord passed. Usually, Raven would then greet them, in words or with a simple gesture.
    Though now, the prince of Agrona seemed to be too occupied with his thoughts.
    Vaguely aware of where he was going, Raven was running over Adelaar's and his conversation earlier for the zillionth time. It was a story hard to believe. How could the world start moving about something that happened a little more than twenty-two years ago?

Without coming up with a proper answer, Raven reached the great hallway. Having released his thoughts, he noticed a man coming from his right side. The man, whom Raven was certain of that he had never seen him before, seemed to be coming from the main hall.
    Now that Raven looked at him again, he noticed the colours on his clothing. "Must be from the delegacy…" Raven muttered, for no one particularly to hear.
    He closed the door he just come through and continued his way to the other side of the hallway. When he passed the man, he politely greeted him before disappearing in a small corridor. By the time he had crossed half of the stairways, he realised that there was something he had wanted to ask the man. Going back on his steps, Raven saw no one but the guards.
    "Oh well…"

That evening Lady Elaiyna descended from her tower to lower castle. Ever so gracious, she looked like a real queen. A blue satin dress, not too frivolous, emphasized her gorgeous figure. Her golden hair hung loose on her shoulders, the loose strands kept out of her face with small golden pins. Elaiyna never wore too much jewellery, and today was no different. A small golden necklace with a hanger containing a blue stone was the only ornament she wore.
    Her loyal servant, Evelyn followed directly behind her, helping her lady with her gown.
    Once Elaiyna had arrived in the great hall, she noticed how everything had been prepared to make their guests feel welcome. The chandeliers descending from the ceiling had been lit along with the lanterns hanging on eye-level. The whole castle was bathing in a warm glow.
    Almost every corner seemed to be bathing in the light cast by the flames. Almost, for she noticed a shadow-filled niche at either side of the hall to the great dining hall. In the one to her left, Adelaar did his best to be noticed by no one. Yet he didn't seem to mind that Elaiyna had spotted him. When their eyes met, even though it was only a second, Adelaar gave her a quick nod. She did the same, however subtle. In that brief moment, both parties had communicated all they had that to say. Raven didn't know it, but his mother often used Adelaar as her messenger and aid outside the castle.
    She averted her eyes for a brief moment, and when she glanced back, he had already vanished in the shadows behind him. He truly was an expert in his field. She placed her hand on the pendant on her necklace and briefly sighed. Raven would be alright with his companions.
    The hanger around her neck was in fact the twin of the one Raven was now most likely trying to find a string for.
    Just before they left, Evelyn had told her about her son's feelings. In the last minute, she had decided to change her red dress for a blue one, so she could wear the other one with her.
    As she entered the great dining room, the smell of a thousand delicious plates filled her nose.
    Tonight's banquet would be a long one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2012
    (Yeah, I've been a little busy myself. And I'm still busy as well. Though with a little determination, we might make it to the second page by the end of February ^^)

On the way towards the towering gates of the castle, Returaio passed by a young man who was about seventeen, and dressed in a blue and white tunic, with a cape to match. Returaio assumed this to be an official of the castle, so he gave him a light bow as he passed, gently lowering his head and shoulders. If he had known that this was the throne's heir, then he would have been more appropriate in his greetings. Returaio just continued onwards and left the castle behind him.

An hour later, Returaio returned to the Axe's Hilt at the docks. The sun was already beginning to set, and the skies to the east were darkening. Returaio could hear an uproarious laughter coming from a shack besides the dock; looks like the guards were going to have some major hangovers tomorrow. The ship itself was deserted, meaning that everyone in the crew decided to take it to the taverns and inns. The guards did however; keep their promise to have the ship cleaned, as proved by a wooden bucket of water with a dirty rag hanging over it. In a quick inspection of the ship, she was already seaworthy for the upcoming voyage back to Marhreae. Returaio returned to his quarters in the lower decks. The room was a large one for being on a ship, with a table in the center, cluttered with maps of Andraste, and navigation tools. A small bookcase sat on the left end of the room, with a library of history books and guides to some of the other kingdoms of Andraste, should there be a need to be in any of them. On the far end of the room, was a large chest, in which Returaio stored his personal belongings as well as clothing. The right side of the room had the bed, which was a wooden platform with several layers of cloth to serve as a mattress. It was not the symbol of luxury, but it was more comfortable than the hammocks the rest of the crew slept in. There were two paintings on the walls on each side of the door, one was a portrait of Queen Moana, and another was a landscape of a lake surrounded by trees and a pure blue sky. However, the most prominent wall hanging was the dual-bladed battleaxe over the bed. The axe was a beauty and a marvel of combat. Despite being traditionally a two-handed axe, the iron head was lightweight yet strong. The head of the axe was forged with a special technique the Agronians occasionally used for spears and javelins. This made the axe much faster to swing, and could be lifted effectively in one hand. Returaio had inherited the axe from his late guardian, who in turn obtained it from an Agronian trader

Returaio first went over to the chest, removed his uniform, and picked out some simple clothing. Returaio now wore a white, sleeveless shirt that exposed his strong muscular biceps. A pair of brown leather pants covered his legs, and a pair of simple boots supported his feet. Returaio reached into his ponytail and gave the thin strip of cloth that held it a sharp tug, removing it from his hair and giving it a modest sense of freedom as it hung over the back of his neck. Leaving his uniform and rapier on the chest, Returaio took the axe over his bed off its hooking and took it out onto the deck. Returaio pushed a tiny stool to the short wall that surrounded the ship's stern and the wheel that controlled its rudder. He took the cloth from the bucket, sat down in the stool, and began polishing the axe. As time rolled by, Returaio felt tiredness wash over him. Then, tucked in a dark corner of the stern with his axe on his lap, Returaio fell into a silent yet peaceful sleep.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Flying high above the thin layers of cloud, Luna was at peace as she peered down at the enormous land beneath her. There was no one to restrain her as she glided across the dark blanketed sky and she liked it that way. The Moon was almost at full and it's rays danced upon Luna's silvery scales with joy. Only the flicker of violet threw off the radiant white and silver of this dragon.

Out of the corner of her eye, Luna spotted a dark figure closing in upon her and whether it was friend or foe, she didn't want anyone to set eyes upon her. Luna decided to return to Agrona and made an aerial dive towards the Royal Castle. She decided to land by the outer walls as to not attract attention before she transformed back into human form. Her large form began to shrink as parts went from dragon to human so quickly that it was a dazzling sight, even Luna's wings have disappeared as her form became that of a human again. Instead of her usual attire, Luna was now wearing a simple, yet with a hint of elegance, purple, silk dress that missed none of her body's detailed figure. The violet gloves no longer had the runic markings on the surface of them and the lavender heels she wore caused her to twinge every so often since Luna wasn't accustomed to the shoes. Her silver hair was bounded into a single ponytail with a violet ribbon and her bangs were pulled back so as to hide nothing of her beautiful complexion.

The omnious figure in the sky approached Luna fast and caused Luna to ready a battle stance. No further than a good 50 meters, the moonbeams had begun to illuminate the figure to reveal a Pegasus Knight and her mount. The person struck Luna oddly familiar with the pearl armor and blonde hair, but where, Luna did not remember. They landed in front of Luna and faced towards her.

"That silver hair and those violet eyes, if I'm not mistaken you must be that shamaness, Luna!" The young girl jumped off her pegasi mount and walked over towards Luna. "I'm sure you don't remember me but I remember YOU! You were so amazing the last time I saw you... I've been searching you for quite a long time now... and here you are!" The young girl gleefully clasped her hands with Luna's. Luna gave her an uncertain smile and shook Lyuri's hand once.

"Could you... keep it down? Don't you know it's awkward if people find the two of us... loafing around the outer castle walls... especially during this event." Truthfully, most of the guards were assembled around the great dining hall save for a few scouts about when Luna was scouting from above the skies. "So you know my name... May I ask yours?"

"Oh my name is Lyuri, a fully-fledged Pegasus Knight from Westeria and this is my pegasi, Icarus! We're both happy to meet you!" Lyuri grinned and patted Icarus on his head. Icarus retorted with a snort. 'You want me to greet this two-legged... *sniff sniff* Beast...?' Luna flinched as if she had heard the pegasi spoke though she did not know how.

"So... You can smell me, eh?" Luna responded and this time made Icarus flinch. Icarus curiously stared at Luna as if she had read his mind.

"Smell you? Hm... I don't smell anything..." Lyuri said as she looked at Icarus and then back at Luna. "Are you two... talking to each other or something?" Lyuri couldn't help it since she felt ignored at the moment.

"No, it's nothing. What brings you to Agrona... at this time of night..." Anyone would be suspicious of a Pegasus Knight popping out of nowhere during the dark night.

"Like I said, I'm a fully-fledged Knight so I wanted to visit the other countries and I just got here. Well, I did get offered a position of leader for a platoon but... I'm not good... at leading... Hehehehe..." She grinned with such a child's face that it made Luna think it was better if she had declined it too. You'll never see a leader grinning like that if ever. "So... your all dressed up like that... does that mean you're gonna go to the banquet event thingy?" Lyuri pried. Luna was astonded by this girl. 'Thingy? Unbelievable... so like a child.' Luna couldn't help but facepalm herself for the ridiculous usage of words.

"No... I wore this to avoid you..." Luna joked but kept a serious face and it was half-true and half-false. She wore such an outfit to allude herself from whatever it was in the sky earlier, which was Lyuri, and adding to that, Luna never got an invitation since it was for high ranking and rich nobles, but her senses tell her she must go there.

"Why don't we go!? Though... What do you think of my uniform...? Maybe if I take off my armor..." Before Luna could get her advice through, Lyuri had begun dismantling her breastplate and put it on Icarus. 'What am I, your personal storage?'
    Icarus snorted and shook his head, which made Luna utter a small chuckle. Lyuri, after examining herself and acknowledging that her uniform would do, grabbed Luna by the arm and led the way into the castle.

After much persuading and begging from Lyuri, one of the guards finally gave up and let them through but only if they watched from outside one of the dining hall's doors. The interior was extremely beautiful and lavish that Lyuri became mesmerized by it's extravagance. She even started jumping around like a little child and pointing at all the different things within the grand dining hall. However, Luna recieved a striking pain to her brain when she laid eyes upon the room. Her thoughts started to stir and it made Luna grip her forehead to endure the pain. 'Rich... and Noble.... people? Was I... apart of this... world... from where I came? Why.... why can't I remember...'The pain had begun to dissipate and her attention was caught again by Lyuri's... clumsiness.

"You know... It's not good to point your finger..." Luna bluntly put.

"But but! Look at all those rich people... and those curtains! Whoa!" Lyuri couldn't contain her excitement like any other child. "Hey hey! If this is a banquet for the King... Shouldn't there be a Prince, too!? We should try to find him." Lyuri's blonde hair swung around as she place her hand above her eyes and looked around the room.

"No... I don't know if know you but, the King doesn't take fondly of the Prince... and I don't want to get involved in anything too troublesome..." Luna also began to scan across the grand hall searching. "A-And.... I don't even know how the Prince looks like..." Lyuri stopped what she was doing.

"W-Whaaaaat~?" Lyuri shouted with a look of disbelief and amazement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OOC: Okay... I finished.... but man did I make a crappy entrance for Lyuri... and EVERYTHING ELSE! Urgh.... I had to re-write this... with only bits and pieces in my head.... DARN IT ALL COMPUTER!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2012
    Syarno Garterral opened up his window and observed the falling sun, if Garterral knew any better, dinner most likely was about to begin. He moved over to a bowl of water that was left on a stool by the bed and wet his face with it. He then looked up towards a large portrait of Caellach, staring at him through two powerful eyes in the wood and paint. Garterral slowly exhaled and thought about the ruler he was loyal to for so long. Caellach, without a doubt, was changed from the man Garterral pledged his service to nearly thirty-five years ago. However, were those changes in the King's character for the better or the worse? The banishment of his own son-in-law was not much of a help to the decision. Moreover, why would these rumors spread like wildfire now? Could the truth be something different? Could it be that somewhere along the line, the truth changed and the story lost its accuracy? Could it have been someone else that was banished? These were the questions that flew through Syarno's mind, and only Caellach could truly answer them. He just had to hope that nothing that Garterral planned to say would offend the king in any way, if there were something coming just beyond the horizon of the future.

"Ambassador, the banquet will be starting shortly, would you please come to the great hall to be seated?" a voice requested. Garterral turned to see a young guard at the open door.

"I'll be there shortly, and don't worry about escorting me, I know the way." Garterral answered, the young guard nodded then closed the door again. Syarno took one last moment to examine the grey hair in his reflection in the pool of water before following the guard out the door.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    By the time the sun's setting coloured the sky behind him in a gradient of reds and oranges, Adelaar had returned to the Knights' Dormitory. Though at this hour, the amount of knights sleeping in the building near the castle walls, was reduced to a bare minimum. Most of the knights were on duty. With all the important guests inside, guarding the castle was an unavoidable necessity. But even on regular days, the dorms were pretty empty. Most of the knights who lived nearby left for their families in town if they weren't on duty.
    Besides the quite mercenary wetting his blade and 2 or 3 soldiers resting inside, there were no more people here. And Adelaar liked it that way.
    He paused for a moment and looked up at the sky. The castle's highest tower was always covering parts of the night sky. It wouldn't bother him for the next days or weeks to come.
    He was actually looking forward to travelling outside the castle with his friends and companions without having to mind his words. Adelaar snorted. That sounded wrong.
    A sudden shadow flashed near the castle walls. Adelaar jumped up, his blade in his right hand, the wetting stone in his left. He wasn't mistaken was he? Adelaar crossed the patch of grass between him and the castle, keeping an eye on the castle wall. It didn't take long before a second shadow descended at the exact same place as the one before it. It did, however, differ a lot in size.
    Adelaar cursed, and he sped up his pace.
    Inside the castle, he hurried to the main gate. There was no one there but the guards.
    "You!" Adelaar called to them. "Has anyone entered the castle gates?"
    One of the soldiers reacted to Adelaar's call. "Yessir. Two girls, they wanted to visit the castl-"
    "Where did they go?"
    The guard frowned at the tone of the man in front of him. He pointed up to the white stairs leading to the halls for visitors and other events.
    Adelaar groaned as he turned around. "Idiot" He murmured silently as he ascended the stairs.
    The closer he got to the Great Dining Hall, the clearer the smells of several dishes served to the visitors got.
    When he took the last turn, his ears caught two voices, trying their best to be quiet and remain unnoticed. Without a doubt they came from the two girls that the guard had let in.
    "You know... It's not good to point your finger..." One said.
    Adelaar sniffed. 'Don't know you it's not a good point to sneak into castles in the middle of the night?' he replied to her in his mind. They were so caught up in their conversation that they didn't seem to notice Adelaar approached.
    "W-Whaaaaat~?" That was the second one.
    "You know…" Adelaar casually started, even his pose was casual, as if him standing there was as normal as the sun shining. His back leaning against the stone wall, his look fixed on the nails of his right fingers, the other arm crossed over his chest… Yes, he was a random bystander, until he averted his gaze from the imagined interest on his nails to the seemingly youngest of the two. "You should reeeeeaaaly keep your voice down."
    His absent gaze was now a piercing glare and it hit the girl dressed in white fully.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    OOC: Bad post is bad. But it's a post. A long overdue one.

After the events that occur with the small girl who Leon proudly deduced was a witch, Fredrick's abilities to tolerate behavior was being questioned: "Sometimes I wonder why I bother stomaching you for as long as I do. You always seem to get in trouble. It is eventually going to catch up with us and it's going to be bad," Frederick stated on foot dragging his horse while trying to keep up with Leon who at the time was simply plowing through the crowd with a face of pure intensity. Frederick couldn't understand why Leon was intense as he was. It was doubtful the strange girl from earlier had anything to do with it. It was simpler than that, at least Frederick wanted to believe that.

"You hang out with me from one reason: I get things done, regardless of the circumstances around it. Also, I am kind of fun. More fun than your military pals back at Albarhea," Leon responded as he pushed a small man out of the way. Frederick nodded in agreement without much hesitation. Sure, he'll question Leonard's every action, but facts are facts. Looking back at Leon, he realized he fell behind and crashed into his comrade's back. Picking himself off the ground, he glanced at Leon's face. The mercenary's eyes began to shine with sheer happiness. His intense expression was replaced by one of glee and satisfaction. Fredrick was about to apologize for rudely bumping into Leon, but he matched Leon's eyeline and saw the reason for Leon's escape from reality: A bar.

"You've got to be kidding me, Leon. We have no time. In fact, we should get out of the capital and head to Albarhea. I am sure my father can clean our records," Frederick pleaded trying to snap Leon out of his hypnotism from alcohol and women by waving his small hands in the larger man's face to no avail.

"Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. But first, I need to relieve some stress," Leon finally responded knocking Frederick's small hands out of his face. "We'll leave after a few hours. It can't hurt to have a little fun after all that work we did for the past few days."

"Isn't it kind of early to begin with? It's barely mid day, at least I think it is. Can't even tell anymore. "

"It's never too early for some poison. Follow my lead. Maybe you can finally get a girl to unwind your tight ass."

Frederick sighed. Lovely, he thought. It's going to be a looong day.

****Several hours later. In the evening to be exact*****

"And then I slapped him. Man, that guy was shocked. Of course he was angry, but I knew I could take him. So he came after me with his giant lance and I just grabbed the lance with my bare hands and threw him off the cliff. Bunch of rocks were at the bottom. But somehow, the guy lived so I was able to drag his ass all the way back to the city and collected my bounty." There was a large applause to the large man who told amazing stories, half drunk out of his mind, surrounded by women of varying races and backgrounds. And there was another man, much younger, sitting alone at the bar enjoying a simple glass of weaker alcohol, attempting to drown out the noise.

"Incredible. I have no idea how he can go out there and tell stories like that. He really bothers me sometimes...." Frederick stated, as he examined the scope of the bar. It was complied of a single room. Various tables and chairs were spread across the room in no specific order, as when people are drunk order is the last thing on their mind. A single large bar places itself on the wall with stools for the patrons to sit on while ordering their poison. A piano plants itself on the far side of the bar where an older man plays tunes for the patrons to dance to while intoxicated. Noise fills the room with great success with every customer singing, dancing and yelling out of joy. The problems of the outside world park themselves at the door as ignorance is the only mindset at this establishment. Feeling hopeless and defeated, Frederick crashed his head on the bar, where a poking sensation struck his head only a few seconds later.

"You okay, boy?" It was the bartender, the only man in the room that wasn't drinking himself to death. "Maybe you had too much to drink. Should I take it away?"

"No, it's alright. It's my first one still. Even if I have been here all day...." Frederick lifted his glass, revealing he had finished roughly half of his drink. "Excuse me for a moment, good sir. I have to go stop my friend from making an even larger fool of himself," Frederick stated and motioned a small wave and left a rather large tip on the counter for the bartender, along with the full cost of the drinks Leon had purchased throughout the day. (Yes, Frederick kept count. Somehow....) The bartender grabbed the money with a big grin on his face and bowed in gratitude to the benevolent cavalier. Frederick simply smiled and acknowledge the man's happiness. Refocusing his attention on Leon, Frederick navigated his way through the crowd, dodging the large bodies of the drunk, sweaty men and their equally drunk dates. A few men passed out on the floor forcing Frederick to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge bodies during his dramatic drive through the crowd. Panting, he finally reached Leonard's "castle" of women and alcohol at the back of the bar. "Leon! Let's go. It's late. And trust me you've had enough," he commanded snatching the drunken warrior's flask of mead from his hands.

"Aw, come on Freddy boy. I just began to have fun. Here, have a girl," Leon responded with a rosy expression of disappointment on his face offering a young brunette as a bargaining piece.

"No thanks, no offense to you miss. Leon let's...." The sound of a breaking table broke the sounds one would hear in bar. "Go...." Frederick finished, before gulping out of sheer fright and shock.

"There you are, Leonard of Agrona. I knew the rumors were true. Your head has a heavy price on it and I will take it from your shoulders. And then I will be richer than the king!" The culprit projected across the room, laughing with maniacal glee. The newcomer to the bar was a large bounty hunter. He was at least over 6 feet in height, most likely even larger due to the large muscle mass the man's body was composed of. He wore rags to cover his body, suggesting he was poor and lacking any wealth to his name. Despite that, he carried a large hammer with him explaining how he destroyed the table with a single swing. The crowd gasped in a unified manner at the thought of Leon, the wanted man for breaking out of prison was in the very establishment.

"About time someone found me and yes you will be a rich man...so come get and get me. If you dare," Leon proudly yelled in response. He then winked to Frederick as he stood straight up of his chair, pushing the gathering of people that formed around him away. It was a common occurrence for him to do that as body language was a common manner for the two to communicate, allowing them to usually to outsmart their enemies and escape sticky situations. The "wink" almost always meant that the other was supposed to act in a manner to escape or get rid off the problem they face. In this case, escape was the most reasonable way to get out of this given problem.

Frederick reacted after a few seconds of a deep pause, realizing the large bounty hunter was approaching closer after answering Leon's call for a fight. As the hunter reached the table, Frederick stepped in the man's way. "Wait a minute, you poor excuse of a hunter. Clearly you don't even know the rules of bounty hunter," he began. The man appeared confused and perplexed scratching his head. The rest of the crowd joined in, still silent because of the drama. "You are dumber than you look," Frederick paused rubbing his eyes as he need to continue thinking in order to carry on the ruse. "The most important rule of bounty hunting is 'first come, first served.' And by law, I came first and therefore he is my bounty. So you need to move along and find your bounty to replace this guy since he's mine."

"I never heard of that stupid rule," the man protested, readying his hammer for another swing.

"Yes, well it is. But come to think of it, technically every person in here has a better claim to Leon over here than you do," Frederick stated pointing around the room. The crowd nodded in agreement. "So big man, if you want to fight for it. Feel free to fight everyone in this very room." And with those words, one of the largest bar fights of all time erupted. After all, every individual could use some many and rid the world of a criminal.

Bodies flew across the room, blood and guts spread across the floor, screams of agony filled the evening wind. Arena fights had nothing on this event of mass terror.

However, two bodies seemed to escape the blood-sport on a single horse. It was a young man in green armor and his half way passed out friend who spread his body across the back of the horse. They rushed through the city streets, avoiding the local law enforcement. Damn it, I have no idea where to go.....wait a minute. The castle. There is a royal banquet of some sort going on there. If we can sneak in to that, Leon and I may be safe from the local bounty hunters, Frederick thought to himself. (OOC: Everyone else is there, so I may as well enter.)

In due time, Frederick was only a few hundred feet away, not even, from the castle gates. In the distance there were guards and he couldn't see anyway to enter the castle banquet other than through the front door. "I wish I could fly right now. Then I enter from above. Why couldn't you be one of those winged horses?" Frederick asked his horse. The horse snorted and then put on a sad face, similar to a puppy. "It's fine. I was joking," Frederick apologized, patting the horse's head. Turning to Leon, who was still passed out from the drinking for the time being, Frederick's brain hatched a devious plan. It was outside his own established moral boundaries, but safety was of greater concern.

"Guards!" Frederick called, running about to the guards at the main gate. He was careful to wear his hood and not make direct eye contact. It was the only way to avoid any local official from discovering any other identities he may have gathered. "My friend passed out a few blocks that way, and I could really use some help moving him." The guards shrugged their shoulders, not really worrying about the harm in helping a young boy. Leading the way, Frederick motioned them through the maze of streets. "Around this corner, and I want to thank you ahead of time. Many of the locals ignored me." As the guards turned the corner, they met someone you wouldn't want to me on the street.

"Good day boys. I like your outfits. And I am sure they'll fit me." The guards laughed nervously before having each of their heads smashed the hilt of Leon's sword. Their bodies crashed to the ground with a fairly large thump. "Good plan, Freddy. Didn't expect it to work."

Frederick chuckled. "Me either, to be truthful. Alright, I suppose we'll walk right through the gates and hang out in the castle till the town settles down and gives up trying to find you." He turned to his horse. "Wait by the castle gates, okay girl? I'll be back." Frederick's horse, Cynthia (after his first girlfriend), is a smart horse who nearly appears to understand human language. As a result, orders such as that work well in their communications.

The dynamic duo put on the guard uniforms and made their way back to the castle gates and were able to convince them to let them through using the age old "reinforcements" excuse. ("Works like a charm" Leon would say) Maneuvering through the castle grounds, they spotted two girls outside the dining room. They were simply talking until another figure joined the conversation.

"Let's bother them," Leon began with Frederick face-palming himself hard enough that it hurt.

"Hey ladies, what are you doing here all alone?" Leon stated, smiling in all his great glory. However, he wasn't the first to harass them as another man, who seemed to similar to himself most likely also a mercenary, was in the area eye-ing the one girl with a less than happy look. "I see, you two are busy already with that guy. Forget I asked then..." Leon finished, disappointed.

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    OOC: You know.... I'm not sure if those guards wear helmets but I'll give Leon and Freddy helmets just for this interaction. ^^;

IC:
    'You should reeeeeaaaly keep your voice down.' A man's voice had said.

"Kyaa!" Lyuri had been startled by the mysterious man who glared at her and caused her to hide behind Luna. Luna was also startled but she did not have the same reaction as Lyuri did. Luna could feel his piercing glare even without him looking at her as if his presence was an overwhelming force of some kind. Luckily for the pair, another odd pair, or rather the more talkative one, had interrupted.

'Hey ladies, what are you doing here all alone?' One of the two guards said with a hint of confidence in the words. Luna had a feeling she had seen him before but she wasn't sure with the helmet in the way. He, however, decided to cut the conversation short.

'I see, you two are busy already with that guy. Forget I asked then...' The guard said and began to turn back to his partner.

"N-no! Wait! Please do stay!" In a way, Lyuri felt...harassed by the glaring man and thought it would be better to have more company. Luna decided that her opinion was useless and kept silent for the moment with hopes that the situation would turn for the better...on HER part.

"My name is Lyuri. What are your names?" Lyuri gave a glance towards the guard's partner after making eye contact with the guard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------​

OOC: DOH! Not too big or great but I had to get something going here... Yaaaah! Lyuri is being harassed! Save her someone! *laughs*

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Adelaar shifted his gaze from the troubling two on the floor to those standing besides him. He didn't even pay notice of the girl's question.
    He raised his right eyebrow a little as he scanned the armoured men. Their weaponry was without any doubt Agronian. No one would have cherished any doubt that the two men were in fact Agronian knights of the Royal Castle. But something was off for Adelaar. During his travels he had learned to pay attention to the smallest detail.
    By the way twigs had snapped by a touch of a hasty animal, Adelaar had learned to identify the animal and the condition it was in. His master told him once "To see the bigger plan one must pay attention to details" and those details were bothering him.
    He recognised some dents and scratches he had seen on the two gate watchers' armour. The more he saw of those the more he was certain that these belonged to the two men near the gate. But why would they leave the gate? Every man had to be on guard... And with the festivities going on beyond the large wooden door, almost every soldier available had been dispatched to their place with the message to guard it well and not leave it until the change of watch. And that wasn't going to happen before the chimes in the Cathedral would announce the second hour of the moon.
    Almost unconsciously the muscles in Adelaar's body tightened and the grip on the hilt of his sword tightened.
    With a cold and demanding voice he stated: "What are you doing away from your watchpost? Take of your helmets and state your names!"
    Adelaar knew very well with the current position he held, he had no authority whatsoever over the soldiers of the guard, yet secretly he hoped that his service to the Queen and -he cursed himself for even thinking about it- his close friendship to the prince would help him.

<<OOC : Short, I know. ._. Sorry for that. Now let's get some more action in this :'D >>

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Leon couldn't help but sigh at the interrogation of by the young man. He appeared to be mercenary much like himself, considering he seemed strong and weathered. Seems to be like me. Interesting, he thought to himself. Turning over to Frederick, he realized his partner was horribly distracted as he seemed to be deep in love with the young outgoing girl who urged them to stay, likely because the socially awkward moment caused by the interrogator. Leon placed his rather large hand on Frederick with a loud "thump" which was followed by a high jump by Frederick.

"It's not polite to stare, my friend," Leon stated. "It is obvious that the people around us want to start a conversation and here we are staring into space wasting their time. I'd like to apologize. We are easily distracted by beauty," Leon finished directing this statement to the women.

"Sor-r-r-ry," Frederick started despite his embarrassment. Leon made a motion to Frederick to take off their helmets, indicting that the lone man ordered them to. Frederick simply nodded in agreement and began to remove his helmet slowly and carefully, revealing his childish face and his short hair. Fredrick then placed the helmet on the floor with great care. He bowed to the woman: "My name is Frederick. A pleasure to meet you," he said blushing.

Leon, however, was more dramatic. He ripped the helmet off his head and threw to the ground. "Always hated helmets....." he muttered under his breath. After messing around his long hair in order to brush it out his eyes, Leon made his way to the woman, kneeling before them in order to feel polite. "You may call Leonard or Leon. Whatever suits you better," he attempted to say dramatically as to "one-up" Frederick's rather traditional knightly introduction. Looking up, however, he recognized the one woman. "Wait a minute....." he jolted up and stared the taller, more opulently dressed one in the eyes. After proceeding to examine every aspect the woman, he snapped his fingers. "You are the one from earlier, aren't you? The woman that I bumped into in the market! How are you doing?" he said before hugging her randomly.

"Ummm.....Leon....." Frederick stated with a slightly shocked and begging voice. "You forgot about the other guy."

"Oh right....let's catch up in a bit okay?" he asked towards the likely shocked woman.

Leonard turned to the glaring, probably annoyed, mercenary that urged them to remove their helmets and state their names. He whispered to Frederick: "Stand ready and protect our little crushes over there. No sense in having innocent women getting hurt today. I did that enough at the bar." Frederick nodded, and stepped back.

"Alright, grumpy. As you requested we removed our helmets and stated our names. In case you didn't hear: my name is Leonard and my partner over there is Frederick. Now, I'd advise you to loosen your grip on your blade unless you want lose an arm or something."

Back