• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Series Discussion Thread

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Fire Emblem

credits to neogaf for the post template!

In here, feel free to talk about all things Fire Emblem related here; but just remember that Fire Emblem Awakening has it's own separate thread, so, take long discussions about it over there. In any case... how many of the fire emblem games have you played? Who are your favourite characters? What's your favourite fire emblem class? Any other thoughts are welcome!

Here are the games in series:

Famicom Era

Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    ファイアーエムブレム 暗黒竜と光の剣
    April 1990 (JP)

Long ago, a fabled hero saved the continent of Archanea by slaying the evil dragon Medeus. Now Medeus has returned and seeks to rule the world, and it's up to Prince Marth of Altea to gather a group of stalwarts to fight for his land and restore peace to the nation.

This is the original game that started it all, and marks the debut of Marth of Super Smash Bros. fame.

Fire Emblem Gaiden
    ファイアーエムブレム 外伝
    March 1992 (JP)

Valentia is a continent governed by two opposing theocracies, Rigel and Zofia. Two young heroes of Zofia, Alm and Celica, are burdened with the task of fighting back against Rigel and the Dark God Duma when their kingdom, the followers of Earth Goddess Mila, is under attack.

The second game in the series, Gaiden introduces many new and untraditional gameplay mechanics that set it far apart from almost every other game.

Super Famicom Era

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
    ファイアーエムブレム 紋章の謎
    January 1994 (JP)

The Holy Empire of Archanea suddenly begins invading other territories, and Marth's homeland of Altea falls to the Empire. Marth must once again stand up against the odds and reclaim his kingdom, as well as unravel the mystery behind what's causing all this trouble.

Mystery of the Emblem is notable for essentially containing two games in one: an abridged 16-bit remake of the original Fire Emblem game, and a whole new sequel that continues the story of Marth's adventures.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
    ファイアーエムブレム 聖戦の系譜
    May 1996 (JP)

Hailing from the dukedom of Chalphy, Sigurd finds himself trying to maintain peace across the continent of Jugdral, only to fall into a situation in which his future son, Seliph, must finish what he had started and end the ploys of the Loptyr Empire.

In a whole new saga of Fire Emblem, the gameplay of this Genealogy of the Holy War offers major improvements over its predecessors, and introduces ideas such as characters falling in love to have playable children, and gigantic maps.

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
    ファイアーエムブレム トラキア776
    September 1999 (JP)

During a lapse of time occurring in the previous game, Prince Leif of Leonster is also struggling against the grip of the Loptyr Empire. As Leif travels within the Thracian peninsula, he and his companions must survive against the evil forces in hopes that they can deliver justice.

A midquel game in the Jugdral story, Thracia 776 offers a very elaborate and wholesome Fire Emblem experience, but you're going to be resetting a lot.

Game Boy Advance Era

Fire Emblem: Binding Blade
    ファイアーエムブレム 封印の剣
    March 2002 (JP)

In the distant past, there was a war known as the Scouring in which man and dragon fought and decided the fate of the continent. Now, the Kingdom of Bern starts invading other nations of Elibe in a new war, and since the Marquess of Pherae has fallen ill, his son Roy must take to arms and fight.

Fire Emblem's jump to handhelds had it dropping many of the features the series had gained before then, but Binding Blade is nonetheless another great entry in the series...especially because Roy's our boy.

Fire Emblem
    ファイアーエムブレム 烈火の剣
    April 2003 (JP) | November 2003 (NA) | July 2004 (EU)

Twenty years before Binding Blade, Eliwood leaves Pherae in search of his missing father, but the plot soon thickens as he, Hector of Ostia, and Lyn of Sacae are faced with the trouble of the Black Fang.

The first localized game of the series is simply titled Fire Emblem, and it brings interesting concepts like having three playable main characters and a lengthy tutorial section for beginners.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    ファイアーエムブレム 聖魔の光石
    October 2004 (JP) | May 2005 (NA) | November 2005 (EU)

The Grado Empire is bringing havoc upon the continent of Magvel, and royal siblings Eirika and Ephraim must work together to try and gather the Sacred Stones as they make friends and even lose some.

Completely unrelated story-wise to the other games, The Sacred Stones reintroduces gameplay ideas last seen in Gaiden such as branching promotions and a traversable world map.

Nintendo GameCube/Wii Era

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    ファイアーエムブレム 蒼炎の軌跡
    April 2005 (JP) | October 2005 (NA) | November 2005 (EU)

There are two kinds of people on the continent of Tellius: the human Beorcs and the Laguz, shapeshifters who can turn into animals. The Kingdom of Daein invades the young mercenary Ike's home of Crimea, leading him to not only get involved with the war, but also the tribulations the two races face.

This is Fire Emblem's big jump into the 3D world, and provides a wealth of returning and all-new features that many credit for helping the game garner a strong fanbase, and Ike is pretty awesome too.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    ファイアーエムブレム 暁の女神
    February 2007 (JP) | November 2007 (NA) | March 2008 (EU)

Years pass after the Mad King's War, and for a time Tellius is peaceful. That all changes, however, when Begnion begins oppressing Daein citizens, which calls for the Dawn Brigade, led by the mysterious girl Micaiah, to liberate them. What seems like a simple tale soon evolves into a grand epic evoking the entire continent.

Radiant Dawn is the direct sequel to Path of Radiance that further expands on the gameplay, including a ton's worth of playable characters and chapters.

Nintendo DS Era

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    ファイアーエムブレム 新・暗黒竜と光の剣
    August 2008 (JP) | February 2009 (NA) | December 2008 (EU)

Relive Marth's first tale in a way never seen before, such as new prologue and side chapters that further enrich the cast and story of the game.

The original Fire Emblem game remade again, upgrading the game with more contemporary features and is even the first in the series to include online multiplayer.

Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow
    ファイアーエムブレム 新・紋章の謎 ~光と影の英雄~
    July 2010 (JP)

The other end of Marth's story returns in a brand new remake with plenty of new story additions, particularly the inclusion of the chapters from the obscure BS Fire Emblem game.

Mystery of the Emblem's DS remake (which never got localized!), bringing noteworthy features later to be implemented again in the next game like Casual Mode and the Avatar, a playable and customizable caricature meant to represent the player.

Nintendo 3DS Era

Fire Emblem Awakening
    ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒
    April 2012 (JP) | February 2013 (NA) | April 2013 (EU)

Chrom is the prince of the Halidom of Ylisse, as well as the captain of a group of vigilantes known as the Shepherds, who all worship the ancient Divine Dragon. Plegia, realm of the Fell Dragon's followers, has been acting suspicious, prompting Chrom to go and protect Ylisse. During this, Chrom encounters a mysterious masked swordsman...claiming to be the legendary Marth.

The latest title in the Fire Emblem series, making great use of the Nintendo 3DS system while marrying together several concepts from past games and rolling them all into one game.

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Ahh, Fire Emblem, one of my favourite series of all time.

So, I've played every single Fire Emblem to date and completed them. Some of my favourites of the series are FE9 (Path of Radiance) and FE5 (Thracia 776). My favourite characters of the series have to Mia (FE9), Sigurd (FE4), and Palla (FE1, FE3, FE11, FE12). My favourite class of the whole series have to be Pegasus Knights, I've always liked flight units and using strategies that are more akin to hit and run, which Pegasus Knights excel in (except if there are ballistas, then crud).

But, despite my love for the series. I absolutely hate it's RNG system. Of course the later games pretty much got rid or minimize the effects of RNG screwing you up, but it's still largely prevalent in the earlier games. For example, in one playthrough of FE7, my Eliwood had below average speed near the end of the game which meant he either gets doubled by enemies or only hits them for one hit. If I equip Durandal, he ALWAYS got doubled. Because of that, Eliwood was literally deadweight just because I got screwed over by the RNG >.>

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • That's how the RNG works. You can have the same character max moats stats one playthrough and them be utter trash another. It's one of the ways FE is so replayable.

One of my favorite series, as well, if you couldn't tell from my avatar/signature. My favorite classes are Berserkers, Snipers, and Great Knights, and my favorite game is 7.

Reactions: Arc
    Years
  • Fire Emblem… I have only played one game in the series (actually I haven't finished it yet) but I do like a lot, I have became addicted to it… and that game would be the Sacred Stones.

My favourite characters are Ephraim, Vanessa and Syrene , but Vanessa is my very very favourite so my favourite class is the Wyvern Knight.

I think I'll get into Shadow Dragon once I'm done with this one… But I really would like to see a sequel to The Sacred Stones.

Back