• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem

Years
  • I've the played the series pretty much long enough (as to which is available to me... FE6-9) and I've also known the earlier games that haven't been released outside of Japan (FE1-6) ... so yeah, talk about Fire Emblem, I guess.

And looks like FE10 has its translated title: Radiant Dawn. I still think Goddess of Dawn is a slightly better title, but I guess the translators changed it to avoid some Western confrontation. But yeah, the game already looks awesome... 45 Chapters of awesomeness... Anyone else can't wait for it to come out in November?

Oh, before you guys ask, Marth and Roy are the crappiest lords ever.

Ike, Hector, Celice, and Ephraim > Marth and Roy

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Ahh... I love love love Fire Emblem. Yeah, I can't wait for Radiant Dawn. The opening cinematics look fantastic and the fields have been updated (elevation, more detail) and the battle animations look improved.

Lyndis and Emphraim are my favorite Lords. L'Arachel and Soren are my favorite non-Lord characters.

SPOILER: DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT STORYLINES RUINED:

Apparently, Soren is actually the true Prince of Daein. I loves it.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I think they named it Radiant Dawn to sort of add a hint to consumers that it's a sequel to Path of Radiance. That's how I look at it anyways. I own FE7-9, and I have a fan translation of FE6, and I'd have the say FE8 is my least favorite. Far too short, and I didn't like the characters as much, really.

I'm psyched for Radiant Dawn though. Ilyana~ <3

Years
  • Marth isn't THAT bad...from what I heard anyways. >>. And Roy only sucks without the Sword of Seals...which is like, most of the game.

Anyways, Fire Emblem is one of my favorite Nintendo series ever. I've played all the GBA ones...and Fire Emblem: Path of Radience. I'm most likely getting Goddess of Dawn for my birthday (13th, a couple days after it's releaced), but I'm kinda bummed that there's no motion control...Aw well.

Path of Radience is probably high up there on my fave Gamecube games. Besides Mist being a total babe, the whole Laguz stereotype, the plot, and all the characters...It adds up, making an awesome story. Of course, it isn't just about the story. Gameplay changes from the GBA games, and the unique skill system (well, it was taken from FE4 so I guess it's not unique) it's great. If you never guessed, I was QUITE happy when Ike, hero of Path of Radience, was confirmed in SSBB =3.

I liked the other 3 GBA games, but Path of Radience just can't be beat =x. Unless Goddess of Dawn rocks moreso then PoR...which I highly doubt.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Ahh... if Soren weren't in FE9, I'd totally use Ilyana. They're definitely beat Calill (I believe that's her name but I'm not sure) and that one Vassal for Queen Elincia. Oh man, I can't wait for ittttttt.

Years
  • Ahh... if Soren weren't in FE9, I'd totally use Ilyana. They're definitely beat Calill (I believe that's her name but I'm not sure) and that one Vassal for Queen Elincia. Oh man, I can't wait for ittttttt.

I think the downside of Calil and Bastion are the fact they use knives, rather then Staves. On my first playthough, I had Soren upgrade with a knife instead of Staff...boy was that a big mistake @_@.

I, myself, like Tomrod as the additional mage. Ilyana is kinda...weak...but she's a total cutie. Love her surport conversations <3.

Years
  • Path of Radience is probably high up there on my fave Gamecube games. Besides Mist being a total babe, the whole Laguz stereotype, the plot, and all the characters...It adds up, making an awesome story. Of course, it isn't just about the story. Gameplay changes from the GBA games, and the unique skill system (well, it was taken from FE4 so I guess it's not unique) it's great. If you never guessed, I was QUITE happy when Ike, hero of Path of Radience, was confirmed in SSBB =3.

I liked the other 3 GBA games, but Path of Radience just can't be beat =x.

i beat the game EASY on Difficult setting. and i was happy to see Ike in SSBB too.

Years
  • Between Soren and Ilyana, I'd lean towards Ilyana slightly because she can edge Soren a bit with her higher strength, which means that she can wield the better tomes, and especially Rexbolt. Although Ilyana's magic or skill won't reach as high as Soren's, it kinda makes up for it with the tomes she can have (That or I'm totally compelled by Ilyana's inhuman hunger over Soren's personality). And yeah, Soren, Ilyana and Tormod have a slight advantage over Bastian and Calil because you get to pick staves... not quite a fan on knives seeing how Sages don't have a high enough strength to begin with.

But of all the Fire Emblem games I've been able to play, FE7 was probably the best. FE9 comes in second, FE6 by a far third and then FE8. Fire Emblem 9 was okay because the plot was severely lacking, but that's because it was setting up for a sequel, still it felt a bit incomplete to me. Even the starting screen was lacking the traditional Fire Emblem theme. FE6 was third because not a lot of units there were actually good. Save for Fir and Sue, and maybe Dieck, but otherwise everyone had their own little flaw like Lilina's abysmal skill or Fa's limited use. FE8 was just weird.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Not too much into Fire Emblem, but I've played the GBA one (Blazing Sword, "Fire Emblem" in non-Japanese versions) and I got addict to it. I'm planning to get Radiant Dawn (really, Goddess of Dawn was better) even though I haven't played Path of Radiance. Anyway, it's gameplay what counts.

Back