• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red and Leaf Green Release Date and Information

Kelo

Down in Flames
    Years
    just to help everybody Nintedo power said that North american Relese date is on sept 9 2004. you could play up to viridan forest at E3 where they had a couple demo booths. Supposedly someone managed to steal a game, take out the block and pirate it for places like gamestop and ebay

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    About the names, Green is taking place of blue. In Japan, they had Red and green, followed by all the other versions. For america, for some reason, Nintendo changed it to Blue. Now, the return to green for the remakes.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    images - What they got was a Japanese ROM with a translation patch put onto a blank GBA cartridge, or they are lying all together. There are no official English FR/LG except for the demos from E3 (which only went up to Viridian Forest) and if someone has them that you know of, then you should report them to Nintendo and/or the police for theft.

Fakey - Japan got Red and Green. Then a little bit later they got Blue version. Then Gamefreak translated Japan's Blue version and split it into two versions, our Red and Blue. So our Red version is not the same as Japan's. FR/LG are remakes of the original Pokemon games, not English Red/Blue, so that's why there is no Ocean/Water Blue. English Blue and Japanese Green are not the same game >.< It's a very common misconception.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Nintendo annouced the realese date as September 7th, not 9th!
    I read that in every website <.<

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I hope not. But if there is it'll probably be called Thunder Yellow or something.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Bah... Thunder Yellow is so annoying... I would prefer something like Static Yellow ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Lightning Yellow, Golden Yellow and Shining Yellow. Lots of names could be made, but they'll probably choose the easiest and worst one. Just like they did with FireRed and LeafGreen.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    *shots Bazooka on Game Freak*
    It has to be StaticYellow! XD
    GraniteYellow is weird XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Thunder is a sound, not a colour. And with that said, any attack starting with "Thunder" should be renamed as I don't see how sound can hurt anything on such a low level of noise.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Hey, you've all been talking about US release dates, but no mention of a European release date? Any ideas when that might be, for us British folks? (and the rest of Europe too)

Makoto

Years
    wooooooooooaaaaaaah..... if you highlight the normal smilies(not pokemon head) they look really weird.... like they look like comletely different smilies.... these ones change: :knockedou :embarrass :paranoid: :shocked: :D :( :nervous: ;) :rambo: :confused: :classic: :laugh: :) :cheeky: :badsmile: :cool: :bandit: :P :dead: :surprised :chinese: :\ :cross-eye :sleeping: :disappoin :'( :nervous: :(

all but cheeky and tired look funny.....

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Interesting... but what does that have to do with the topic of the thread?

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2004
    is it true that fire red and leaf green pokemon look different because i was on serebii.net and it showed that deoxys looked totally different on leaf green than on fire red

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2004
    yeah and they have totally diff stats the FR deoxy is all out attack power with a base stat for attack of 150 and sp attack of 150 i think speed ain't to shabby either
    the LG deoxys is the exact oppisite it starts with a base Defence and sp defence of 150. the normal deoxys sucks cuz it's all in between. so you all know you should get the FR version right??? lol atleast i am

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I hate to repeat myself, but I will, because my previous post was either glossed over or ignored.

What's the European release date for FR and LG? Does anyone know?

Back