• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] (Fire Red) How can I change the Obedience level cap?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    I usually wouldn't worry about this as I don't mess around with obedience but I recently began to mess with it and even got every Pokemon to disobey no matter if the player caught it them self. Now obviously this meant that Pokemon instantly start Disobeying the player at level 10 and Brock's Pokemon levels go higher than that so I need to change the cap not just for Brock but also for later in the game. Thank you

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I haven't tested this, but you could try 0x0801D492 for the initial obedience cap, 0x0801D4A0 for the Cascade Badge obedience cap, 0x0801D4AE for the Rainbow Badge obedience cap, and 0x0801D4BC for the Marsh Badge obedience cap. All of them should be a byte corresponding to the level.

If you wanted to overhaul it more than that (for example, increase it for every badge), you'll have to make more serious changes to the IsMonDisobedient function.

Back