• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red in english

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    heh you really think that he bough the demo off gamestop it has the ebay camera in the corner DAH!

The Psychic Psycho

The Truth Is Painful
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 11, 2005
    *sigh* Did I say that? No, i said the "game" in the picture was authentic. Im assuming that he used it as an example because he doesnt have a d-camera to take it with and just went on from there.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    why buy it,its the red,blue,yellow series I already have the game its just a remake of yellow with better graphics its exactly the same.

Linksocc

Alakazam Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 28, 2004
    rm2kdude said:
    why buy it,its the red,blue,yellow series I already have the game its just a remake of yellow with better graphics its exactly the same.
    I'm gonna buy it b/c I can trade with my ruby card to have all the pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i thought it would be flame red not fire.
    they need to do other colours not blue and red all the time

Years
    Golden Groudon said:
    Ok, people, why are we still falling for the same trick over and over again?

We're not. I went to GameStop and asked to see the demo version they have (I assumed it was a demo, or else they would have had the real deal) and it looked EXACTLY like that... black cart.. However, I didn't see the box, so I can't say there; but the game itself IS real. Kind of like the Pokemon Colosseum demo disk: it is quite real. So is this.

MK

Years
    who cares to have them all, soon they will release another game and youll have to buy all these other games to get them all again into that new one, and it goes on and on, so dont waste all your money. sooner or later you wont like pokemon anymore and youll be mad you wasted that much on it. i know im kinda mad now.

The Psychic Psycho

The Truth Is Painful
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 11, 2005
    rm2kdude said:

That is why they made it to begin with, in ruby and saph they have all the pokemon from the previous games, but it is to advanced to enterchange with the older versions. im not sure if there going to be, but im pretty sure nintendo is gonna make a G/S/C versions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    why is the picture charizard?
    it could be another red colour pokemon

Years
    hhhhhhmmm.........

hhmmmmmm... I think it's fake man ................did it come with that wireless adaper thingy?Judging by the one that other member showed us,yours is darker plus it don't got the adapter thingy on the box.The game is red on the picture but yours is grey.I think you got ripped off.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Whoever posted that picture is 100% fake. Wanna know why?

All of the fakes that are sold off of ebay use that picture. And if you look at the little symbol at the bottom of the picture it shows that it is from ebay, because many ebay vendors use that symbol on all of their products, in fact I had some extra money on hand to buy these fakes and they are NOT demos(I have the same game with the same box as in the picture). The symbol at the bottom of the Picture has been found on other various products such as cablemodems(specifically, the motorola surfboard modem), TVs, and game consoles on ebay.

You can tell because it has the japanese 5-letter name limit. They are stored on gray flash cartriges and they are NOT sold at Gamestop. Also, Oak's intro uses slang and there are many misspelled words inside the game.

And I have beaten the game on these fake cartriges, just to show that they arent demos.(last time I checked demos dont have the entire game)

Whoever posted that picture probably found the picture off of ebay and made up a fake story to entertain us.

Last edited:

aaaaaa

Oh, and regarding 'demo versions'; Nintendo hasn't issued promo copies of the game yet.
    So stop lying.
    Kthxbai

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I think it is fake, but I cannot know for sure. Only YOU can. Just look under it look at the chip, and look very closly in a light. if the chip says "Nintendo on it and the year, I'ts real. if not, FAKE.

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Brittany15 said:
    Whoever posted that picture is 100% fake. Wanna know why?

All of the fakes that are sold off of ebay use that picture. And if you look at the little symbol at the bottom of the picture it shows that it is from ebay, because many ebay vendors use that symbol on all of their products, in fact I had some extra money on hand to buy these fakes and they are NOT demos(I have the same game with the same box as in the picture). The symbol at the bottom of the Picture has been found on other various products such as cablemodems(specifically, the motorola surfboard modem), TVs, and game consoles on ebay.

The little camera symbol does not mean something is fake on ebay. And it does not mean that this game is fake. The camera symbol simply means that the image is on a image hosting site, ebays or someone elses. And if more than one seller on ebay is using that same exact image to sell the game, it just means that they are 'borrowing' someone elses picture to sell the game.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Dur...

He said those pictures were his, not pictures off some image hosting site. That picture has been used on ebay for 2 or 3 months already, although he claims that he just bought that from Gamestop recently.

The images ARE fake anyway, because we have already seen the REAL american cover. So why are you arguing? Ergh.... Such ignorance.

Those images, may be from an image hosting website, but it sounds fishy because ten's of thousands of products(specifically sold on ebay) use those pictures. Some people have businesses on ebay, and when they take a picture of the product they sell, they sometimes use those symbols on their pictures. Is it just a conspiracy that they took the same exact picture as him and he put a camera symbol on his picture???

Hmmm. Maybe they bought the same table that he had and put the box, cartridge, and manual in the same exact spots on this table, then they copied HIS camera symbol, afterall, he was the person bought that from gamestop, didn't he?

Also, is it just a conspiracy that only ebay uses those pictures with the camera on it? All signs point to it being a fake. And...

I BOUGHT THE GAME OFF EBAY FOR MYSELF AND IT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THAT AND IT WAS FAKE. THERES NO WAY YOU CAN CONVINCE ME ITS REAL. I HAVE IT AND I KNOW FOR MYSELF.

Dont argue, we have already seen the American box. Theres no way around it. Someone might-as-well lock this thread to stop more rumors to be started, and to stop more dumb posts like your last one.

Last edited:

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I am not arguing with you or anyone else. You just made it sound like, because the picture had the little camera symbol, that the item in question was fake.

The symbol at the bottom of the Picture has been found on other various products such as cablemodems(specifically, the motorola surfboard modem), TVs, and game consoles on ebay.

I do not have the game and I do not know if its real or not. Although, as several people have stated, the game is probably a store demo cartridge.

Ever hear of the saying "buyer beware"? Everyone knows, or should know, that the game comes out in September and it comes with the wireless add-on. Yet you bought it before the game came out. IT is YOUR fault for buying a game that is fake or a copy or a store demo. Before buying anything on Ebay you should research what you plan to buy before you buy it. That way you don't pay too much and you don't get burned by buying crap.

Sorry Toothache. Ok it comes out in the US in Sept.

Last edited:
    Back