• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red / Leaf Green

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2010
    Hi all may I just ask a question about save files freom both Pokemon FR/LG games?
    Is it possible to copy a LG save file and rename it to the same name as my FR rom name? I'm not able to play the FR save file(renamed from LG) and I'm wondering if its not possible due to the different exclusive pokemon available in both of the separate games.
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I know a way, but I'm not sure if it'll work. Open your Leaf Green save file in a Hex Editor and in the text you'll see POKEMON LEAF???? (I don't remember the ?s). Replace the LEAF??? with FIREBPRE and then rename the save file to have the same name as the Fire Red ROM.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    you can use this strategy to catch Pokémon you can encounter only in one version..!^^

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2010
    oops i seem to have forgotten to mention on what device am I playing pokemon. I'm usgin a nokia n82 vbag so is this still possible? I've searched and Christos' method seems to work only on .sgm files. Btw, thanks Christos for the method but is there a vbag method? Thanks again.

Btw, i couldn't find the text as u mentioned in the save file. i only could find them in the rom!

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I think it's MEANT to be in the rom..
    Basically, change the rom so it THINKS it's FireRed...Then you just rename the save file...
    Nifty, innit?

Back