• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red level-upping...

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
Years
  • Hey there, I've just reached E4 (first time) and I wanna know where can I train my pokes before and after E4. Here's my ingame team, briefly:

- Blastoise lvl 53
    - Pidgeot lvl 41
    - Nidoking lvl 49
    - Hypno lvl 43
    - Electabuzz lvl 32
    - Hitmonchan lvl 31

I want to get them to lvl 60 to beat E4, and probably a little more to beat up sidequests and the rest.
    (please forgive me, first time I ever play FireRed :P )

Thanks a lot

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Just go around using your VS Seeker. (Obtainable at the Vermillion Poke Center, iirc.) If you don't want to do that, then Victory Road is a good place to train.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Victory Road is the best place you can train. It doesn't take as long to train as you think it does.

bav123

Do a Barrel Roll
    Years
  • If you time it right, just outside the spa area on One Island are several fighting trainers, you could raise Hypno with them, then use bait-and-switch to level the rest. When you need to heal, you're standing right outside the spa, so it's not a problem.

Victory road is good too.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • You'll be surprised what team you can use to beat the Elite Four. I beat them with 3 Lv54's. Well, they were level 56 when I got out, but you get the idea. :D

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • If you have cleared E4 1st time and got the "Gemstones" to Celio on One Island, you can enter The Unknown Dungeon in Cerulean Cave, all wildbattles around lvl 60-70, some of them are stronger than the E4 Pokemon XD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Like the rest of the users said. You can use the vs. seeker to battle trainers again. (get the vs. seeker in the pokemon center in vermillion city)
    Also I suggest train in caves because they have decent level pokemon except for mt moon and the dark tunnel, so try victory road for training...

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
  • VS Seeker between Saffron and Lavender was how I got a few of my Pokemon leveled up when I still owned Fire Red. And, as said before, Victory Road is a really good place to train because of the small variation in type you will encounter (mostly fighting and ground, some rock as well) and the fact that they are primarily high level Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Use the Vs. Seeker. My favorite haunts are right outside the hot springs on One Island, the top of Cycling Road (west of Celadon), and the swimming route east of Cinnabar.

Back