• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire red or Leaf Green?

Which do you own?

• Total voters

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    I'm interested to know who chose which game (or both :P) and why...

personally, i chose leaf green so i can get ninetales ^-^

xx

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fire Red... I just prefer red as a colour and couldn't be bothered looking about for what Pokemon were present. :/

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I chose Fire Red.

Why? Because I always buy the "warmer" color's first. It's a tradition that my friends and I started. It goes all the way back to the days of Red and Blue. All my friends played Blue, I played Red. I always have to be the oddball in the group. ;)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I chose leaf green. I am not to sure why.. maybe because I already had pokemon red from gen 1

PokeFan187

Pikachu Fanatic ~ ⋆
    Years
    Well when it came out I chose FireRed. But I don't see a difference except the pokemon :P

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I have both, although I don't play my FireRed anymore because it won't save. X_X

I actually got FireRed first, and bought the guide because I couldn't figure it out. After it broke I bought my fake LeafGreen just so I could tell myself I wouldn't have wasted any money buying a guide that I couldn't use anymore. >.< Anyways, I like them both equally.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I usually just choose whichever game has a cooler pokemon on the cover, but since I played blue I bought firered

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    I own LeafGreen. I picked it over FireRed because I like the color green more than red, Venusaur more than Charizard, and I like being slightly different from my friends.

Years
    I like the color red over green, and plus, I always buy the game of the pair that would normally be listed first (ex. Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond) and usually the name is more appealing than the other.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I chose LeafGreen. Pretty much because my brother bought FireRed and because of the better selection IMO of Pokemon available in LeafGreen. As my starter, I actually chose Squirtle 0_O

Years
    ...and my vote pulls it to 6-7 for Leaf Green!

Leaf Green gets Sandshrew, Vulpix, and Staryu, while Fire Red's best exclusive is merely Skarmory, plus I like Venusaur better than Charizard on the cover.

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    I chose Leafgreen over Firered simply because there was no more Firereds in Walmart when I left to buy one...

Besides, what would you choose? A gross wet leaf or an awesome burny fire? <---(Quote stolen from a videogame magazine! xP)
    Since you can eat certain vegetation, I happily chose Leafgreen xD

Thats normal...right? Jk

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    Fire Red... I just prefer red as a colour and couldn't be bothered looking about for what Pokemon were present. :/

Lol, same reason i chose red, prefer the color red so i picked that, didn't really care which pokemon were on which game.

Game Creator

Work in progress
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    I own Pokemon Fire Red. I got sick of the 7 million pokemon that they have in the later games, so I guess it was the nostalgia that got me. I think I just missed good ol' Charizard.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I got both, i got FR when it came out because i never pick Charmander as my starter because it is too overused and i had to then desided between Growlith and Vulpix for my fire type and i have allways prefered Growlith and then got Leaf Green (and sapphire) the same day i got Diamond so i could finish the National dex as best i could.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    FireRed, most good Pokemon are there Shellder, Cloyster, Growlithe, Arcanine, Murkrow, Remoraid, Octillery etc...

Back