• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire red or Leaf Green?

Which do you own?

• Total voters

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I suggest firered because it has a better selection of pokemon(shellder instead of slowpoke) but that is the main difference in it.
    it depends on what you like.
    but just to be sure, here is a link.
    https://www.serebii.net/red_green/exclusives.shtml
    so i can't know how to put links on words.sue me.

Years
  • I have FireRed and I really enjoy it but I do miss not being able to get certain pokemon like Ninetails and Bellsprout (that you can get on Leaf Green). But you can easily trade to get them pokemon =)

GTAPlayer

Six Star Evasion
    Years
  • LOL
    They ARE the same, just a waste of hard earned money to buy both of these games. Hey, play FR on your PSP and include the pokemon to appear in the wild from LG.

Last edited:

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I bought fire red, mostly because me and my brother by one of the duo so we can trade well so it didn't matter pokemon wise. But i really hate the colour green, grass sucks, trees suck, my fence sucks!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I had Firered but lost it and now only have Leafgreen. Both are pretty much the same gaming purposes but some Pokemon that appear are different when the national dex is obtained. I like both

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    I got both, why? Got them from EBGames (now Gamestop), Buy 2 get 1 free on used... Grabbed both of those and Emerald...

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I had leaf green first, but it wasn't by choice.
    I got it as a gift.
    I wanted the "cooler" one though, so I was kind of disappointed when I got it.

Back