• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Fire Red rom hack questions. [ANSWERED]

Meemee123sss

Comin' at u like,,
    Years
    Hello! I'm trying to create a hack on my own, and I have two questions on my mind that ive been wanting to ask, maybe someone can help me? ( I am very, VERY new when it comes to rom hacking, i am also new to Pokecommunity, so, sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.)

• You know in Pokemon Fire Red, when you enter the Safari Zone, the game shows a picture of the Safari Zone, then it fades out after a while? How exactly do they show that picture? Is there A script? Some sort of command? Is there any way to manipulate the picture, or add more?

• How would you add new types to a Fire Red Rom? Ive seen a tutorial for Ruby/Sapphire, but not Fire red.
    Thanks for viewing\helping :0

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
    Hello! I'm trying to create a hack on my own, and I have two questions on my mind that ive been wanting to ask, maybe someone can help me? ( I am very, VERY new when it comes to rom hacking, i am also new to Pokecommunity, so, sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.)

• You know in Pokemon Fire Red, when you enter the Safari Zone, the game shows a picture of the Safari Zone, then it fades out after a while? How exactly do they show that picture? Is there A script? Some sort of command? Is there any way to manipulate the picture, or add more?

• How would you add new types to a Fire Red Rom? Ive seen a tutorial for Ruby/Sapphire, but not Fire red.
    Thanks for viewing\helping :0

Those eye-catches are automatically triggered from a table in the ROM whenever the player warps into a map with specific Bank Numbers. Its a bit too much for me to explain in a single post, but I can link you to this tutorial which outlines how it all works. You can find the eye-catch tiles beginning at slot 260 in unLZ and ending at 300. The images that look like static after each tileset are the tileset's tilemap so you will have to replace those as well if you're doing some major editing.

I've never tried inserting a new type in FR so I don't have any previous experience, but this thread does a good job explaining how to do that.

Back