• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] [Fire Red] Some hard things to do

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hi, everyone.
    I'm here to do some questions, that I want to implement in my rom but don't know how to.

1- Duplicate Master Ball: It's literally what it says, I want to make a Ball with the same catch rate of the Master Ball, but I don't want to add a new ball, I only want to edit an existing Ball to catch any Pok?mon without fail.

2- Shedinja: I've tried many times to evolve Nincada into Ninjask and get a Shedinja but it's not working, I think it works only in RSE games, then I want to know if there is a way to do the Shedinja "Evolution" on Fire Red?

Last edited:

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    I can answer your Shedinja question and can confirm that it works in vanilla. You need to have an extra slot in your party, otherwise you will only get Ninjask.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    I can answer your Shedinja question and can confirm that it works in vanilla. You need to have an extra slot in your party, otherwise you will only get Ninjask.

I've tried correctly with 4 free slots in party and a PokéBall in bag but it's not working.

Geodude6

It's just me.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2024
    Double-check Nincada's information with YAPE etc that Shedinja spawning is actually programmed in and it didn't get removed somehow. I know for a fact it works as intended in vanilla, so it has to be something you did.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Double-check Nincada's information with YAPE etc that Shedinja spawning is actually programmed in and it didn't get removed somehow. I know for a fact it works as intended in vanilla, so it has to be something you did.

I do not use YAPE because it not working in my ROM I only use PGE and G3HS

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    It's been awhile since I hacked FireRed but I'm pretty sure you could just copy the Masterball Item Effect asm on to the other Pokeball. I think the tutorial on adding new evolution methods has item table effect offsets.
    I really don't know why you would want to duplicate Masterball though, it's redundant. Just use Masterball. Nothing is stopping you from giving out 2 of them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    It's been awhile since I hacked FireRed but I'm pretty sure you could just copy the Masterball Item Effect asm on to the other Pokeball. I think the tutorial on adding new evolution methods has item table effect offsets.
    I really don't know why you would want to duplicate Masterball though, it's redundant. Just use Masterball. Nothing is stopping you from giving out 2 of them.

I want to have 2 Balls with 100% catch rate because, one is the original Master Ball and other is the Mewtwo Ball, but the Mewtwo Ball will be able to catch trainer's Pokémon with a 100% catch rate.
    I can't find the offset on "Adding New Evolution Methods".

Last edited:
    Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I want to have 2 Balls with 100% catch rate because, one is the original Master Ball and other is the Mewtwo Ball, but the Mewtwo Ball will be able to catch trainer's Pokémon with a 100% catch rate.
    I can't find the offset on "Adding New Evolution Methods".
    Hmm. Okay then.

I think it is
    Item data: 0x083DB028 - 44 bytes per item
    But I may be thinking of the wrong item table. I vaguely remember there might be two of them, it's been awhile. And there might have been two different evolution tutorials, I don't remember, but sometimes it's useful to read the next page after the first as sometimes there is more information there. I could have sworn it was in Adding New Evolution Methods though. I think I wrote it down somewhere...

Ah! I was correct. You may still find this useful though.
    Old tutorial on adding new evolutionary item:
    Spoiler:

Now, obviously you don't want to turn it into an evolutionary item, (the last part does it I think) so just locate Masterball's stuff, then copy it over to your desired item's data.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hmm. Okay then.

I think it is
    Item data: 0x083DB028 - 44 bytes per item
    But I may be thinking of the wrong item table. I vaguely remember there might be two of them, it's been awhile. And there might have been two different evolution tutorials, I don't remember, but sometimes it's useful to read the next page after the first as sometimes there is more information there. I could have sworn it was in Adding New Evolution Methods though. I think I wrote it down somewhere...

Ah! I was correct. You may still find this useful though.
    Old tutorial on adding new evolutionary item:
    Spoiler:

Now, obviously you don't want to turn it into an evolutionary item, (the last part does it I think) so just locate Masterball's stuff, then copy it over to your desired item's data.

Don't works, I think it need to locate some ASM routine of the Master Ball. To make any item become a Ball the game uses the pointer 0xA1E1D (1D 1E 0A 08), that offset's size is 72 bytes (48 in HEX), but I can't locate anything related to catch rate. I think something can be found at 0x10A1F8, because at the Ball stuff have a pointer to that offset (F9 A1 10 08), but I don't understand ASM. =\

Last edited:
    Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Don't works, I think it need to locate some ASM routine of the Master Ball. To make any item become a Ball the game uses the pointer 0xA1E1D (1D 1E 0A 08), that offset's size is 72 bytes (48 in HEX), but I can't locate anything related to catch rate. I think something can be found at 0x10A1F8, because at the Ball stuff have a pointer to that offset (F9 A1 10 08), but I don't understand ASM. =\

Oooh, you know what, turns out that the most important data isn't stored in item routines at all. Although that part I think is still important to turning it into a pokeball in the first place, I think. Anyway, my bad.

I found you a tutorial:

https://pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14949

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Back