• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Alolan Marowak??

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Guys! This is the most news we've gotten so far regarding Pokemon Sun and Moon. Not to mention the Alolan Pokemon are way too wanky. How weird is it seeing Sandslash and ninetails as Ice types?? My question for all of you is have you seen the description of the Trial Captain Kiawe?

His description reads "Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region."

His bio says his expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon, but battles with a Marowak. Could we be getting an Alolan Marowak soon?? That would be AWESOME. I can picture him having two fire torches and a new Fire-type Bone Club move. Do you think this is possible? What are your thoughts?

Official Trial Captain info: https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/aug-1-captains/
    Discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmFoqJnnskg

Years
    Since CoroCoro is covering a lot of in-game stuff, I feel the trailer that's dropping next week will likely showcase more new Pokemon and maybe more Alola Forms. Hopefully Marowak will get revealed as another new Alola Form, if not later.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    What are this fire dancers called in Hawaii? They have the sticks with flames at both ends that they twirl. If he studies dances with his Marowak, I can definitely see Marowak's Alolab form being that, with bone club on fire

blue

gucci
    Years
    A Fire-type Alolan Marowak actually sounds really awesome. From the description on the website, it definitely seems like this could be plausible considering how the Trial Island Captains could all use at least one Alolan Form Pokemon. They have mentioned how Kiawe uses Marowak for a reason, perhaps that is some sort of foreshadowing of this? I can just imagine how cool it would look with flames coming out of the nostrils and jaw.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    That actually makes sense. Why would an expertise in Fire-type Pokémon would have a Marowak? Which looks like its main Pokémon, from what we can read in Kiawe's description.
    A Fire-type Marowak would be so cool. I can imagine its bone being some sort of stick whose tips are on fire. And ... If we actually get an Alola Form of Marowak, then we should get a Cubone's Alola Form as well, since we got Vulpix and Nitetails's as well as Sandshrew and Sandslash's.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    CoroCoro confirms this:
    Fire Type Alolan Marowak??

It's Fire/Ghost.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Nice whoever caught this was right and marowak looks awesome as fire ghost type

Sirfetch’d

This is honestly the most well thought out of the Alolan forms so far. After seeing this thread I was hoping that we'd get one and sure enough, we did! Fire/Ghost is an excellent typing and I am so excited to see the stats of this Pokemon. It might just find it's way on to my in game team!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Smogon says otherwise. *coughstealthrockcough*

Anyway, I wasn't expecting the Alolan Marowak to be revealed this early.

I mean, it was sort of revealed in past information. I don't think that was a mistake on Gamefreak's part--they probably wanted to hint it so they could keep us in the dark about what's coming after this.

Years
    This is honestly the most well thought out of the Alolan forms so far. After seeing this thread I was hoping that we'd get one and sure enough, we did! Fire/Ghost is an excellent typing and I am so excited to see the stats of this Pokemon. It might just find it's way on to my in game team!

I agree with you, Marowak is definitely joining Sandslash and Ninetales as my fave of the Alola Forms so far so I hope this thing can get some good stats, hopefully a bit of extra Sp. Attack so it can make use of the mainly special-dominated Fire-type.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I love it. The flaming baton looks super cool, and obviously performances involving fire are kinda big in Hawaiian culture. Super topical and looks amazing, 10/10 best Alola Form - IGN.

Also just drew my attention to the fact that normal Marowak is just a Ground-type - I thought it was a Ground/Ghost, which would make a lot more sense. I doubt, given all the Alola form focus, that they'll actually change some of the types of regular ol' Pokémon as well, but I'd really like to see that changed.

Urya

Veilhart
    Years
    Also just drew my attention to the fact that normal Marowak is just a Ground-type - I thought it was a Ground/Ghost, which would make a lot more sense. I doubt, given all the Alola form focus, that they'll actually change some of the types of regular ol' Pokémon as well, but I'd really like to see that changed.

Having the Alolan type be ghost does feel like a nice callback. Great way to make everyone remember the Pokémon Tower in Lavender.

Years
    Having the Alolan type be ghost does feel like a nice callback. Great way to make everyone remember the Pokémon Tower in Lavender.

I'm sure you're talking about Kiawe, who hinted to this Alola Form's existence. He specializes in Fire-types, not Ghost.

Urya

Veilhart
    Years
    I'm sure you're talking about Kiawe, who hinted to this Alola Form's existence. He specializes in Fire-types, not Ghost.

Oh no, I mean: in RBY, you met a ghost in Pokémon Tower that turned out to be a deceased Marowak's ghost. Having an actual Ghost Marowak seems like a nice reference to that.

Guess you could say the same about the new Raichu. Really makes me think back to the surfing Pikachu from Yellow and the series.

Maybe it's their way to celebrate the anniversary with this game?

Back