• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FirePlus

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I've been working on a rom hack for the past few days , a sequel or DS like rehaul to Fire Red, and I've hit a few snags. I've done mapping for both Pallet, Viridian City, and used a few patches which I'll give credit since they've helped me along so far in getting things as close to the DS-like platform as possible. If I had skills to make this on the DS, I would take over Heart Red. But alas, I'm mostly on the graphical side, i.e. the maps and sprites, [which I intend to replace some from one of the patches with my own or HGSS ones, changing the gym leaders [which I figure I'm going to just change the warps of the 8 Gym leaders' rooms to the corresponding city to make it more streamlined.] I'll have to decide whether I want to make this a sequel or just what Fire Red should've been over 10 years ago., though. I feel it will be the latter, but I want some input from whoever wants to join this team.

Basically, I aim to make some of the cities and towns bigger to give more of a sense of scale, namely starting with Pallet Town. And it looks great so far, two places in.

Namely, I'll need:
    -Someone who has HGSS-themed tiles for indoors and out.
    -Changing the music to HGSS-style.
    -An XSE skilled scripter that can help integrate the new storyline into the game by chanfging and ridding the script that makes the game dependent on running towards Route 1, and so on. Regardless whether or not this is a re-haul of Fire Red, I will need someone skilled with scripts to help me along the way. Fire Red's been used as a Ditto for every other kind of hack, yet I haven't seen anything like I am approaching.
    -An idea person to bounce ideas off of.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    If a music editor is found, I would love to contact them. I could probably help with a few things your asking about, just not entirely sure what you mean. The game is dependent on running towards route 1?

Back