• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 2.0 - A whole new gen 3

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
20zdz5e.png

Looks good!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
how on earth would i steal your ROM? that makes no sense whatsoever.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Now i'll be addressing all your "proof" and i hope you'll stop bothering me.
Spoiler:

If any of you guys are playing this please post some pictures of route 3, 4 and 22 it'll help prove i didn't steal this guy's rom.
Thanks in advance. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
FINAL BETA RELEASED!!!
Seriously though, finally got around to finishing this and there'll be no more updates unless you know, bugs.

Changes:
-Fixed the running in grass problem with NSE
-More map changes, that is, pallette changes.
-Edited trainers. Levels are just 2-3 levels higher than vanilla but i gave most editable trainers much better movepools. (I skipped some trainers due to laziness, mostly the re-battleable trainers).
-Fixed some movepools and stuff. Like the OP cut.
-Indoor running and evos without national dex, thanks to the misc editor.
-Zubat now evolves into golbat OR crobat. Evolves into crobat by using a ultraball (no particular reason for this except that i wanted it to be a item evo) and into golbat at level 30. Crobat is now poison/dark with levitate and is a special attacker. Golbat and Crobat have identical base stats.
-Ingame Trade pokemon have really good iv's and hold useful items. You should get them.
-Put in Coil, but its more of a poison type bulk up (because it doesn't improve accuracy ._.). Arbok and Onix lines get it. This was mainly done to improve arbok and accuracy thing was beyond my skillset.

So, yeah report any bugs and here's the new file -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zroc13ldl5rx2p4/Pokemon_FireRed_2.0_(final).ips
(it's also available in the op)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Probably a dumb question here but did any of the starters had their types change?
(ergo:is Charizard a fire/flying or fire/dragon?)

This may influence what starter I pick. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Charizrd's fire/dragon but the other starters keep their typing. They are, however, significantly buffed.

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Cool, found a few issues while playing however. So far I'm at Pewter an have a few questions.

First. When do Metapod and Kakuna evolve?

Second: Is there supposed to be encounters in Pewter City? Since the grass doesn't offer any. Maybe you forgot to change the encounter rate from 0? Or possibly didn't open any wild Pokémon data.

Third: Small typo when looking at a Pokémon's held item when none is a equipped it incorrectly says "NOne"
NOne.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
i guess i forgot about the encounter rate.. Thats kind of embarrassing but expected since i didn't play test it and people weren't reporting bugs ._.
But its a quick fix and it'll be here in my next comment.

Thanks for reporting the typos because they're a pain in the ass to find since i'm using anti-exploud to decapitalise. This one in particular happened when i decapitalized ONE, which ended up decapping the ONE in NONE.

Edit- Forgot to mention it, sorry metapod and kakuna evolve at level 15

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Sorry for repeating, but I love how this game looks and can't wait to play it. Do you have any other links that might work on an iPhone or a way to download it for gba4ios, because the mediafire link isn't working for me.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
umm couldn't you download it in a pc then patch and play it? or is the downloads not working at all?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Can't you just download it in your pc and patch it or are the links not working at all for you?
Anyway i uploaded the latest patch as an attachment in this ccomment. Hope it helps.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Well, my computers in the shop, so I can't use it for a little while. I try the links, but they say Safari can't download them. When I use a download manager, I can't sync it to gba4ios. I know this isn't your problem and that you probably can't fix it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
I love what you did in this hack.

You should get a slightly more experienced hacker to help you with some minor things, making the tiles more pretty, making the trainers/leaders harder, maybe add in an extra rival or two, or a couple side quests or something to make the story line slightly different than the first.

All in all though, I love the changes that you made to it and I will be playing through the entire game tonight- i'll let you know any bugs I find.

Thanks again for the great hack!

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
Please explain the zubat evolution further since it is a pretty unique one.

On the OP you said "use ultra ball" and that he will evolve into crobat from zubat correct?

Well I tried a variation of:

Catching zubat with an ultra ball and leveling him one level

Catching zubat with a pokeball and making him hold an ultra ball (didn't immediately evolve when I gave it to him so I leveled him to 30 to see if he would evolve into golbat; he didn't so I:

Leveled the level 30 zubat holding an ultra ball another level but still didn't trigger the evolution.

Do I need to let him evolve into golbat and THEN give him the ultra ball? If so why do you say on OP zubat evolves into crobat OR golbat?

Awesome hack btw, just hoping you can spread some light on this very unique evolution.

P.S. I am using the latest version of the game the one you posted the link to on your last post.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2017
G3T shows it evolves into crobat by using Ultra-ball and into golbat on lvl32, but the thing is he forgot to make Ultra-balls "usable", so yeah crobat is unobtainable atm, unless im missing something important. :)

Ah. that would explain it. Guess I have to use the pokemon creator tool to make a shiny one with perfect IVs and EVs....aw man....

Thank you for the speedy response/research.

Back