• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Firered A RebooT [Build 8]

What feature would you like?

• New kinds of battles like inverse

Votes: 45 17.6%
  • Long but Great Sidequests

Votes: 144 56.3%
  • Sevii Overhaul

Votes: 99 38.7%
  • More Pokemon

Votes: 102 39.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Played for a bit but the Set style is really annoying so I'll leave this hack. Good luck hope you go far with it.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Literally just started lol. Like just recieved my starter and lost to Blue. Anyways went outside and encountered a Pidgey in the wild. It's playing the theme from when you encounter a Kanto legendary in Emerald (first time playing any sort of Fire Red so idk if this is a bug) {D:} But so far so good

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I played the game up to Vermillion. haven't challenged Surge yet. gonna continue tommorow/later xD found some bugs/oddities along the way.

these are build 5's so i don't know if your aware of these. i won't update to build 6 for now 'cause i still don't like force set mode xD

Spoiler:

Those bugs are either fixed or part of the rombase bugs. Thanks for the report.

Literally just started lol. Like just recieved my starter and lost to Blue. Anyways went outside and encountered a Pidgey in the wild. It's playing the theme from when you encounter a Kanto legendary in Emerald (first time playing any sort of Fire Red so idk if this is a bug) {D:} But so far so good

Cool thanks for playing. Talk to any npc you dont recognize they may be able to ease the difficulty a bit.

Build 7 will be this hacks final release as I feel unmotivated to continue this hack anymore.
    As much as I'd like to, I feel that people take some of my features are just to troll them but I'm really just trying to balance out the difficulty. Believe me when I tell you that I've really worked hard on this hack and nothings worse than waking up after sleeping for 5 hours after working on the hack till 2-4 am just to see people taking my attempt to balance the difficulty with a grain of salt. I'm not planning on any bug fixes after so sorry about that. Cheers.

Last edited:

Son Goku

SSGSS
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2015
    Those bugs are either fixed or part of the rombase bugs. Thanks for the report.

Cool thanks for playing. Talk to any npc you dont recognize they may be able to ease the difficulty a bit.

Build 7 will be this hacks final release as I feel unmotivated to continue this hack anymore.
    As much as I'd like to, I feel that people take some of my features are just to troll them but I'm really just trying to balance out the difficulty. Believe me when I tell you that I've really worked hard on this hack and nothings worse than waking up after sleeping for 5 hours after working on the hack till 2-4 am just to see people taking my attempt to balance the difficulty with a grain of salt. The release will be some time today or tomorrow. I'm not planning on any bug fixes after so sorry about that. Cheers.

Dayum dude, I thought the hack was really good and refreshing. It's ashame that it's going to be the final build. I mean I thought it was great and challenging and that its gonna gonna hold your hands and walk you through it. The feature is was great to improve the game, I wish there was a way to determine IV better or be able to keep track off EV. Thanks for the ROM, gonna probably stream playing it or something :D. I hope you do gain the motivation to come back to this eventually. Your work will always be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    Am I the only one who is actually enjoying that this game is so difficult.

you grind up your team and then you get a sense of achievement when beating a gym leader....or even aqua. Been playing now for a few days and not even past Misty, cant seem to beat her aquareon with my Charmander.

too many hacks are too easy and you end up completing them in a few weeks, this is a challenge that I enjoy, well done Splash

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Dayum dude, I thought the hack was really good and refreshing. It's ashame that it's going to be the final build. I mean I thought it was great and challenging and that its gonna gonna hold your hands and walk you through it. The feature is was great to improve the game, I wish there was a way to determine IV better or be able to keep track off EV. Thanks for the ROM, gonna probably stream playing it or something :D. I hope you do gain the motivation to come back to this eventually. Your work will always be appreciated.

Thanks man, Send me your playthrough I'd be sure to watch it.

Am I the only one who is actually enjoying that this game is so difficult.

you grind up your team and then you get a sense of achievement when beating a gym leader....or even aqua. Been playing now for a few days and not even past Misty, cant seem to beat her aquareon with my Charmander.

too many hacks are too easy and you end up completing them in a few weeks, this is a challenge that I enjoy, well done Splash

I'm glad some people get the reason why i amped up up the difficulty a bit. Thanks!

Update:

I added new pokemon heres the list:
    1. Starly
    2. Staravia
    3. Staraptor
    4. Munna
    5. Musharna
    6. Sewaddle
    7. Swadloon
    8. Leavanny
    9. Elgyem
    10. Beheeyem
    11. Pawniard
    12. Bisharp
    13. Cubchoo
    14. Beartic
    15. Hawlucha

I may push the release back a few days since I'm re-editing some trainers to incorporate new pokemon in my hack.

Years
  • I've been seeing this hack for like a week or two, and good job! One question, though: have you expanded the dex for this "new 'mons."

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016

As much as I'd like to, I feel that people take some of my features are just to troll them but I'm really just trying to balance out the difficulty. Believe me when I tell you that I've really worked hard on this hack and nothings worse than waking up after sleeping for 5 hours after working on the hack till 2-4 am just to see people taking my attempt to balance the difficulty with a grain of salt. The release will be some time today or tomorrow. I'm not planning on any bug fixes after so sorry about that. Cheers.

Well... Fudge baskets... Ok, last ditch effort to get you motivated again time? ... Last ditch effort to get you motived time it is then.

Let me tell you now that before I played your hack I hadn't played a Pokémon game in 5 years. One day I just went patrolling through this old account, the lurker I was, and I found a hack that interested me, your hack. I may have not been there at the beginning of the hack's production but I quickly became more active as I played through your hack. And you were so easy to talk to about it too, you didn't have the biggest status, but I could feel you had potential in rom hacking. And low and behold, it was true. You created an awesome hack with a multitude of new twists and features on an old game. Please, don't give up on it now. Heck, thanks to you I've even become more active here on the forums, instead of the lurker I was before. I even put my first entry into the Beginners Hacking contest in Rom Hacking Discussion, mainly inspired by you.

You may not be the most popular rom hacker in the world right now, but don't give up. You most certainly are on your way there, your diligence has gotten you to good places so far, don't put your hacking days to rest yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    Well... Fudge baskets... Ok, last ditch effort to get you motivated again time? ... Last ditch effort to get you motived time it is then.

Let me tell you now that before I played your hack I hadn't played a Pokémon game in 5 years. One day I just went patrolling through this old account, the lurker I was, and I found a hack that interested me, your hack. I may have not been there at the beginning of the hack's production but I quickly became more active as I played through your hack. And you were so easy to talk to about it too, you didn't have the biggest status, but I could feel you had potential in rom hacking. And low and behold, it was true. You created an awesome hack with a multitude of new twists and features on an old game. Please, don't give up on it now. Heck, thanks to you I've even become more active here on the forums, instead of the lurker I was before. I even put my first entry into the Beginners Hacking contest in Rom Hacking Discussion, mainly inspired by you.

You may not be the most popular rom hacker in the world right now, but don't give up. You most certainly are on your way there, your diligence has gotten you to good places so far, don't put your hacking days to rest yet.

I agree with you Blueshine

If you still do give up on this one I just want to say a big thanks for it, really enjoying playing it! Well done dude:)

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • Build 7 will be this hacks final release as I feel unmotivated to continue this hack anymore.

Aww,that sucks that you won't continue this. Ah well it's your hack anyways, I'm planning to make my own hack in the future. This hack of yours is really fun. I hope anything goes well with you. ^^

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Aww,that sucks that you won't continue this. Ah well it's your hack anyways, I'm planning to make my own hack in the future. This hack of yours is really fun. I hope anything goes well with you. ^^

Thanks and Good Luck with your hack.. If you ever need any help I'll be glad to assist you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2015
    splash, one quick question

cant seem to get in to fight surge, look in the trash to find a switch, i find one then cant find the other, one of the guys says its next to it but that could be any of the surrounding ones

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • splash, one quick question

cant seem to get in to fight surge, look in the trash to find a switch, i find one then cant find the other, one of the guys says its next to it but that could be any of the surrounding ones

Hey man i think you just need to check the right side of the trash.. The switch is from the canon game so i don't really know how it works exactly

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Oh Splash don't give a damn about haters, there always be a person (or persons) that don't like your work but this is normal. Think about these guys that cheer you up and are happy playing your hack.
    And if you still think about new pokemons - If you added Tyrunt's line, maybe adding also Aurorus is good?

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Oh Splash don't give a damn about haters, there always be a person (or persons) that don't like your work but this is normal. Think about these guys that cheer you up and are happy playing your hack.
    And if you still think about new pokemons - If you added Tyrunt's line, maybe adding also Aurorus is good?

Thanks but I think taking a break on updating this game is the best for me right now.. I got so attached to it that I made it my life for a few months haha.. As for Aurorus it didn't make the cut since I've already added the new pokemon so sorry about that.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Thanks but I think taking a break on updating this game is the best for me right now.. I got so attached to it that I made it my life for a few months haha.. As for Aurorus it didn't make the cut since I've already added the new pokemon so sorry about that.

Really enjoying the hack so far. The increased difficulty isn't that bad tbh. After playing Emerald Omega, I feel like I can take on anything lol. Set battle style + no healing items in battle really made that hack hard. But I feel like it was also necessary. No matter the hack, it'd get repetitive playing the same game over again with nothing changed, and upping the difficulty (it's not even that hard honestly) helps the game feel "New". So even though I found out about this hack pretty late, thanks for your work {:3}

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Really enjoying the hack so far. The increased difficulty isn't that bad tbh. After playing Emerald Omega, I feel like I can take on anything lol. Set battle style + no healing items in battle really made that hack hard. But I feel like it was also necessary. No matter the hack, it'd get repetitive playing the same game over again with nothing changed, and upping the difficulty (it's not even that hard honestly) helps the game feel "New". So even though I found out about this hack pretty late, thanks for your work {:3}

I'm glad you get the gist of hacks like this.. I too finished Emerald Omega and I'm a proud fan. I hope you also enjoy this hack!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back