• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Firered Hoenn Hack Problems

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
  • Hey everyone! I have started working on a little project that I am going to call Pokemon RubyRed, and I have encountered a major issue.

To start off, Pokemon RubyRed is a Firered hack that replaces every single Kanto Pokemon with their Hoenn counterparts (some of them are a stretch, but it works out. I.E. Spearow Line= Poochyena Line)

So, My problem is every time a Pokemon tries to evolve, something like this happens.

2hq3zhx.png

I promise that I am not hitting B or anything, but I have no idea why this is happening. Anyone know why this is or how I can fix it?

Years
  • You don't have the national dex
    If a pokemon out of the region dex tries to evolve and you dont have the national dex, thats what you get
    I dont remember the flag for the national dex, but im pretty sure you can find it in diegoiawesome's xse tutorial

Years
  • Seeing as no-one has posted it yet, to activate the National Dex in FR you need to first activate the regional dex with setflag 0x829, and then include special 0x16F in a script to activate the National Pokédex. Alternatively, you can follow these instructions:
    At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0. This makes the previously conditional branch into an unconditional branch, which fixes the evolutions.

Back