• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Firered/Leafgreen plus Ruby/Saphire DS remake?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    Now before you say "NO! We already have Firered and Leafgreen on gameboy.", listen to this.

Now with the possible gold and silver remakes, who is to say that Nintendo would be at an inconveinence to NOT have all the Pokemon games reformatted for DS? All the investment into the DS has more than passed expectations, so why not? Nintendo is making so much money off of DS, I've heard people say "Gameboy Advanced? Whats that?".

Not to mention a Ruby and Saphire remake. There is many features in the AG games that the DS's massive memory could greatly enhance, that I would love to have "Pokemon Rubyred or Saphireblue". Who knows? Its entirely possible.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2009
    Yeah, but is it realistic to think so? Most people already have access to Pokemon from Hoenn and Kanto, (migrating) so this rumored GSC remake is so we can have easier access to Johto Pokemon. Plus, new features just means cheap tiny add-ons to the games, while they still have the same plots, characters, Pokemon etc. Where would the variation be? And would Nintendo actually bother having to do all this..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If it wasn't for the fact that Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green can communicate with Diamond and Pearl (in more than just trading, as slipping in a certain game and you can catch a certain Pokemon ), then I would say it would be possible. But they do, and so I highly doubt they're going to remake them.

Like what iPoke said, if it is a Gold/SIlver remake, it'll be because we have no access to the Johto region, and the only ways you can get Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil is through Colliseum and Action Replay.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Since this thread is about non-existing games yet, I think it will suit Handheld games better.

~Moved

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No but I can bet you it will come along in the 5th gen. Seriously I can see the new console having DS compatility as well.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Echoing Todoroki, I can see Nintendo remaking these games every ten years or so, as long as they remain profitable.

Personally, I'm hoping against a Hoenn region remake. Just because those games are.. not my favorite. And besides, a main reason for the GSDS games is because of the loss of the GBA slot on the DSi, which makes getting the some of the Johto monsters a lot harder to get a hold of.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I wouldn't want an rs remake either cause they aren't exactly in the feel of Pokemon but hey they will happen. I can bet you like I said the next handheld to have DS compatibility. Through that if gs does get remade and they remake Hoenn then all the regions will finally become available to play.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    If it wasn't for the fact that Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green can communicate with Diamond and Pearl (in more than just trading, as slipping in a certain game and you can catch a certain Pokemon ), then I would say it would be possible. But they do, and so I highly doubt they're going to remake them.

Like what iPoke said, if it is a Gold/SIlver remake, it'll be because we have no access to the Johto region, and the only ways you can get Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil is through Colliseum and Action Replay.

Personally I consider this the best reply yet. Maybe the firered leafgreen remakes would seem too soon; but I still hold high regards towards a Ruby and Saphire remake. After gsc, they are next in line for the remake commision. Of course it also brings to point the issue of a fifth generation. If a new handheld gaming system is realesed, would the DS be compatible with this new device? Or perhaps since Gold and Silver already sort of include a mini red and blue remake as to the Kanto region aspect of those games, why not include the Hoenn region as an extra land alongside unnamed fifth genration continent? (ps thank you to the mod who moved this to the proper forum) and my apologies for the extensive repliy, seeing as this was typed on my iPod touch.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I doubt Nintendo is going this way. I mean why re-remaking a Pokémon Game? FireRed and LeafGreen are just perfect as they are for GBA and I don't know if we really need a remake of R/S/E as (at least for me) were the worst games of all.
    I just hope that they won't expand the amount of catchable Pokémon too much. I mean we were happy when we had 251? Weren't we? That's why all want a G/S remake, to get back to the feeling of Gen. II ;)
    But well GameFreak / Nintendo is always full of surprises and we never know what comes next.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    There probably won't have RSE reamkes until next generation...

Meh. I don't know if I'll want the reamkes or not... if the next generation isn't compatible with the DS games... then the better make one.

Frankly, I'll be pissed of if I can't have my precious Blaziken... </3

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Let me elaborate on why they made the remakes, before I actually tell you what I think...

As you know, G/S/C games were compatible with the R/B/G games. You could take Pokemon from Kanto and give them to yourself (Lolz) in Johto. This was an intended feature for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (To be able to receive Pokemon from G/S/C), however, the new cartridge style for the Gameness Advanced made it impossible to do this. R/S/E players could not receive Pokemon from G/S/C, and in turn, could not receive Pokemon from R/B/G.
    So, the games Firered and Leafgreen were created to get all the original Kanto Pokemon, and a few Johto ones too (I think o_O). So, D/P/Plt were coming, and people still could not get all of the Johto Pokemon. People could get Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon, but not all of the Johto ones. Now, Gamefreak decides to remake the G/S/C games (probably) so the D/P/Plt gamers can get:
    A. All Kanto Pokemon
    B. All Johto Pokemon
    C. All Hoenn Pokemon
    D. And the native Sinnoh Pokemon
    And now, we have a total of three (D/P/Plt) games, along with two or three (G/S/C remakes) supposed remakes which will be able to receive all Pokemon.

Now, to answer this question, let's follow this scenario. A new wacky Nintendo hand held comes out that is an immediate success (not too hard to imagine). It takes a new form of cartridge, maybe it uses disks instead, and the 5th gen Pokemon game releases (Hoo Ray!). The new console may not be able to connect with DS games or GBA games, which means that the new 5th gen Pokemon game would have to get Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh from where (unless it will have a DS Card slot, then the new Pokemon game could take Pokemon from D/P/Plt, which took Pokemon from the G/S/C remakes, which took Pokemon from FR/LG, which took Pokemon from R/S/E, and then THAT final game could have all Pokemon :P)? You guessed it, remakes :P If Nintendo is open for another 10 years, I think every single Pokemon game from R/B/G to D/P/Plt will be remade twice. Game freak makes these remakes to not only fix on past mistakes, but to allow everyone to get a full pokedex. And since everyone wants a full pokedex, everyone single one of us on this forum will buy every single remake.

For the illiterate, yes. I am 100% positive Ruby and Sapphire will be remade if Nintendo if Nintendo is still around for a long time. Not any time soon though :P

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
    RSE remakes will be on the DSi, I can almost guarantee it. They won't be for a while.

And Fr/Lg remakes seem highly unlikely. Why would the remake a remake? Well eventually, maybe.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    They won't. The DSi isn't the "next-generation" upgrade that would bill a full upgrade, like the Game Boy Color was, or the Game Boy Advance to the Game Boy Color was.

In fact, the DSi is about as important in the "next generation [handheld] console" scheme as say...the exclusive yellow "Simpsons" xBox 360 console. Meaning, that the DSi is more of a time consumer if anything. Merely a gimmick, a distraction perhaps. Like the Simpsons xbox 360 console, it was not an official upgrade to the xBox itself, simply a marketing gimmick that encouraged xBox fans and Simpsons watchers to purchase. The DSi is merely a small side road in the profit of the entire DS "era", if you will.

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    If they make remakes of GenIII, well, I don't want them to ;P The games aren't that hard to get and most people have access to an older DS model or a GBA. If they do remake the games, they should probably wait until the successor to the DS. Otherwise that's waaay too soon.

Since the G/S remakes were confirmed We can do conclusions:
    Fire Red/Leaf Green and the G/S remakes(Heart Gold and... I can't remember...) were released aproximately 10 years after the the original games.
    So it's possible that we don't get a Ruby/Saphire remake until 2013 or 2012 (end of the world damn.... No, just jocking)

Years
    Well, I doubt we'll get a FR/LG remake. Since they are, after all, remakes themselves. So why remake a remake?(yet. maybe in another few years). But as for the R/S/E remakes, I think that HS/SS will serve for this- simply because I know they have enough memory to add the Hoenn region. But, that's just me. But yeah, I think we'll be getting a remake of them eventually...but not anytime soon. I think its a bit too soon for it, as others have said.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    No. I'm no businessman, but why invest in Kanto/ Hoenn remakes when you already have them on your GBA? One way to look at it...they've already created a way to get the Birds/Regis into G4 w/out using a GBA game. They'll probably find ways to keep doing that until every Pokemon is availible on the DS without a GBA, for eople w/ DSi's and no GBA slot.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    I think we will get a ruby and sapphire remake with the next handheld nintendo system along with generation five. And if pokemon last long enough we will get a generation six with an even newer system along with diamond and pearl remakes and the cycle will go on and on and on and on and on.......forever.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Well i can see a r/s/e remake down the line but i think there will be a whole new game with a whole new region (who's gonna stop them from creating that!) because like they cant make any more pokemon (apparently) So they could make a new story new charecters maybe new features and possibley old regions! they could still make an orange islands game or more anime based games!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    I dont want to get too off topic here but an orange island game could mix with the possible RSE remake since the pure amount of water based areas in that game would promote its replay value as well as other aspects.

Back