• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] FireRed rejecting all custom scripts

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Hello!

Rather bad problem. Essentially, I took a new FSF offset and attempted to put this script into it as a test:
    #dynamic 0x(FSF Offset)
    #org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @1 = Hi.\nMy name is Diego.
    Now, the rather disastrous issue here is that when I compile, if I exit and re-enter it just reverts back to the original. I've tried both removing and leaving the #org offset at the beginning of all offsets when you first open them and no changes. This is an absolutely massive issue for me, as I've tried using several different offsets and all of them just reject the script; this basically means I will NEVER be able to make any progress at all as long as this problem persists.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Do you know what version of XSE you're using?

Also, to confirm, you're compiling with the gear-symbol button and then copying the given address to A-Map?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Do you know what version of XSE you're using?

Also, to confirm, you're compiling with the gear-symbol button and then copying the given address to A-Map?
    I'm using v1.1.1, and yes, but I don't even get that far, right after using the gear button, if I reload the offset in XSE it just reverts back.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Which offset are you reloading? If you're reloading without copying the new one to the Noc then you're ignoring the new script! It's held at a completely new location, and writing a new script leaves the old one untouched (hence no change on reload).

I think that may be the problem!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Which offset are you reloading? If you're reloading without copying the new one to the Noc then you're ignoring the new script! It's held at a completely new location, and writing a new script leaves the old one untouched (hence no change on reload).

I think that may be the problem!
    Can you define the term Noc here? Also, what am I supposed to be copying? I put a script into a blank offset, compiled it, and posted that offset into Advance Map. When it didn't work in-game, I opened up the offset and surprise, nothing there, all gone. What am I doing wrong?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Can you define the term Noc here? Also, what am I supposed to be copying? I put a script into a blank offset, compiled it, and posted that offset into Advance Map. When it didn't work in-game, I opened up the offset and surprise, nothing there, all gone. What am I doing wrong?

What do you mean by a blank offset and which offset did you put into amap?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    What do you mean by a blank offset and which offset did you put into amap?
    By blank offset I was referring to an offset given to me by Free Space Finder, and I put that same offset into Amap. Was I supposed to be putting the dynamic offset in Amap, the one defined by the script?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    When you write a script, you compile it to the dynamic offset, and put that dynamic offset in amap as well now, did you compile it and change it up more than once? Cause maybe you rewrote over old data... messing up the script compilation...

EDIT: I inserted your script, and it worked perfectly fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    When you write a script, you compile it to the dynamic offset, and put that dynamic offset in amap as well now, did you compile it and change it up more than once? Cause maybe you rewrote over old data... messing up the script compilation...

EDIT: I inserted your script, and it worked perfectly fine.
    FireRed rejecting all custom scripts
    Wait... So why this now?
    https://i.imgur.com/gSXBOA8.png

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2015
    Wait so...

instead of:
    #org @1 = Hi\nMy Name is Diego.

Indent after the equal sign to make it:

#org @1
    = Hi\nMy Name is Diego.

With messages, the raw text always goes after the equal sign on the next line! & Please don't post so many of the same picture lol
    ~Anex

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    instead of:
    #org @1 = Hi\nMy Name is Diego.

Indent after the equal sign to make it:

#org @1
    = Hi\nMy Name is Diego.

With messages, the raw text always goes after the equal sign on the next line! & Please don't post so many of the same picture lol
    ~Anex
    Woo! All is well, thanks for your help!

Back