• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed Rombases (Updated)

Years
Is it safe to patch this when you already have another patch on top of it? (IE: Can it stack on top of MrDollSteak's patch without undoing changes to Pokemon? I already have MDS's patch on my ROM, but I don't want to undo my work I've done to it thus far)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Is it safe to patch this when you already have another patch on top of it? (IE: Can it stack on top of MrDollSteak's patch without undoing changes to Pokemon? I already have MDS's patch on my ROM, but I don't want to undo my work I've done to it thus far)

Try making a copy and test if it does. I've only made tile changes so I don't think it will overwrite through your progress, well that's what I think.

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 4, 2016
Why do the tilesets/rombase keep glitching up? I can't find a single rombase to use to make my Hack Rom look generally more appealing. xD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I don't mean to be rude, the fault is probably mine, but I find all those pacthes almost useless.

They all comes with a beautiful first maps, but as you look the others maps they are all extremely ***** up.

I do realize that it's my job to fix those map, but how can I do so, if the tilesets are missing core pieces or the pallettets are messed up because of a 1 or 2 edits?

Does somebody knows of a Fire Red ROM with the graphics updated and maps alright just so I can use it as base of my project?

Thank you!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I don't mean to be rude, the fault is probably mine, but I find all those pacthes almost useless.

They all comes with a beautiful first maps, but as you look the others maps they are all extremely ***** up.

I do realize that it's my job to fix those map, but how can I do so, if the tilesets are missing core pieces or the pallettets are messed up because of a 1 or 2 edits?

Does somebody knows of a Fire Red ROM with the graphics updated and maps alright just so I can use it as base of my project?

Thank you!

You're right, it is your job. It's meant to be a start point for a hack, and msot chances are you aren't using the other maps. Yes, you use a base to lower the amount of time it takes you to edit tiles but you still should get some knowledge of tile editing before you use one as you will have to edit more tiles to create cohesion or to even get more tiles that you want to use. It's like a devkit - it's helpful to begin with but you need to add way more.

EDIT: The first post even tells you this itself if you scroll to the bottom - it's not meant to be a full thing but something you work on as you gain knowledge about Block Editor in Advance Map.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
You're right, it is your job. It's meant to be a start point for a hack, and msot chances are you aren't using the other maps. Yes, you use a base to lower the amount of time it takes you to edit tiles but you still should get some knowledge of tile editing before you use one as you will have to edit more tiles to create cohesion or to even get more tiles that you want to use. It's like a devkit - it's helpful to begin with but you need to add way more.

EDIT: The first post even tells you this itself if you scroll to the bottom - it's not meant to be a full thing but something you work on as you gain knowledge about Block Editor in Advance Map.

Thanks for the response, I've been breaking my head around this for over 24 hours now and I'm honestly tired.

If anybody works with that and would like to help me, I would love to return the favor ;)

Feel free to message me :)

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
Years

Thank you!

xactly what I want, we are in same situation

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
On kyledoves v2 interior tileset can you add player pc with the pc animation when you use it like the pc will glow when its used pls.

Days
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
Im new to all this so sorry if im being stupid. But what version of fire red do these work for? im using v1.1 and it just breaks the game after patching.

(edit) i forgot to use squirrels 💀

Last edited:
Back