• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First and latest ROM hack you played?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • A two in one thread.

What was the first ever ROM hack you ever played?

What was the latest ROM hack you have played? Was it fun?

As for me, well...

If you wanna count it, it was Bloody Platinum. If not, I think it was Ruby Destiny (forgot which one).

It was Brown, which I played since I was super bored. Fun storyline, some things left me hanging (such as the place with the ghost Pokemon and the 7th gym).

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I believe the first ROM hack I ever played was Rijon Adventures. My friend happened to have it on his iPod, and the idea of ROM hacking became a newfound interest of mine because of it!

Since I've recently delved into GB/C hacking, I thought it would be a good idea to play some of those hacks. I played Brown, and I actually just completed the Summer 2010 beta of Prism yesterday. They were both a lot of fun to play (especially Prism...), and I took a lot of notes as to what made them "good."

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • What was the first ever ROM hack you ever played?

I think it was either version one of Orange Island Adventures by ER Translations and Dtyler, Pokemon Revolution by Colosseum Translations, or Pokemon Generations by BG Translations. It's going back 9 years, so sometime now.

The latest demo of Pokemon Prism. Yeah was good fun, it took me awhile to get round to paying this version and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Prism has been well thought out, and the puzzles within it are top-notch, generally a great example of a good ROM hack.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Umm. Pokémon Chaos Black

FLora Sky, or Light Platinum. But I didn't play much, only for like a minute, just like on my first played Rom Hack.

Putin

Anspruchsvolle Narr
    Years
    Quartz. Second was Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends, though, or I might not have played another. :p

What was the latest hack you have played? Was it fun?
    Er... It was either Snakewood or Prism. In either case, yes, very.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • What was the first ROM Hack that you ever played?

I'm not sure what's it's name is and it is probably lost for all time, but I remember playing a basic FR hack which basically added two new rivals and changed the Pokemon the Gym Leaders used -That's it. The first hack that I actually know the name of was Shiny Gold.

What was the latest hack you have played? Was it fun?

The last hack I played was Dark Cobalt by MrSpheal Spherical Ice. I definitely found it to be a fun game :>

Last edited:

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
    Pokemon Ruby destinys: Reign of Legends

Pokemon Liquid Crystal, and WAY better than shiny gold :) and yes i enjoyed it lots :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    First: Pokemon Quartz
    Latest: Pokemon Seinna
    Favorite EVER: Both.
    SEINNA RULES

Last edited:
    Years
  • The first hack I played was Pokemon ChaosBlack, several years ago. My friend went to Turkey on holiday and brought it back as a present- on a gba cartridge. I look back now and realise that the hack itself was clearly in it's very early stages when the pirates decided to put it on the cart- the only changes were some minor map edits, and various Pokemon were replaced with odd fakemon. I won't say it was particularly good or bad, because it was essentially just FireRed with some edits. And it ended when you got to Mt. Moon- there was a body of water blocking the exit, so given that you couldn't get Surf until much later, you couldn't progress.

The latest hack I've played was Pokemon Lilac, by DrFuji. I've had the beta downloaded since it was available, but hadn't played through the whole thing until recently. I found it extremely enjoyable, and visually beautiful, too. It was great fun, but quite difficult at times- I had to do a bit of grinding here and there for the compulsory battles- but a lot of fun, nonetheless. :)

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
    Years
  • My first ROM that I've ever played was pokemon creepy black. It was on a cartridge though, so that's not really a ROM.

The first actual ROM that i've ever played was pokemon Shiny Gold X. It was extremely hard for me back then.

THe ROM that I'm currently playing is Pokemon Snakewood. Excellent hack.

Years
  • The first hack I ever played was Christos' Liquid Ocean. It was a very aestethically pleasing hack that stuck to the Game Freak style and certainly inspired me to start hacking. The most recent hack I've played was Spherical Ice's Dark Cobalt. I'm a beta tester, you see. Bela's Rose version. It's a pretty good hack, the tiles kind of clash but it's definitely been worked on hard by Bela. :p

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Wow the first one... maybe I started Quartz, Blue Mew... but I'm sure first I finished was DJG's Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends =)
    Last one was Flora Sky but I'm sure it won't be last for real xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    First hack? Some random Red mini-hack years ago.

First hack that I remember? The Sienna beta in the Showcase section -- the HotY one -- a few weeks ago.

Last hack that I remember? The Sienna beta in the Showcase section -- the HotY one -- a few weeks ago.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    Hmm...I have a horrible memory. It was either Quartz or some Portugese hack I can't remember the name of. You start off with a Growlithe and it's in the Showcase, that's all I remember. Then again it may have been Rijon Adventures...not sure really.

Excluding testing one of my own hacks today, Dark Cry, yesterday, until I got to the cave and couldn't beat Magnemite with Pichu. It was decent, I guess. I mean I had really high hopes for it, but despite the mapping and tiles being really nice, along with some very nice scripting, there were so many grammar errors and other little bugs I can't remember (like I said, bad memory). Tbh I think I would've enjoyed it so much better if he had found a grammar correcter, but sadly he's banned.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    My first ROM hack, and actually my reason for joining PC, was Pokemon ShinyGold. Back then I played a ton of hacks and really got into the whole scene but Ive since slowed down in hacking. I played Pokemon Sienna the other day for a little bit. Trying to get back into hacking but I dont see myself having the time necessary to dedicate in the upcoming future so I probably won't end up doing anything big or noteworthy haha.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022

Naranja. I loved that game. Too bad it didn't go further...

Uhh...to completion? Never Black & White I think. More recently, I have been playing AshGray a little bit. Both are enjoyable games :)

Back