• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Draft

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    This is just a first draft of a team I've been working on, I want to be able to set up stealth rock and toxic spikes to help me out and I have dusknoir to block rapid spinners so this is more of a defensive team
    I also still need a 6th pokemon and I definately need another attacker for more coverage

First Draft

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    252 hp, 76 def, 180 sp.def
    -Thunder punch
    -Fire punch
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Pain split

This guy blocks rapid spinners but isn't going to be my lead, I can't decide on a lead atm
    Pretty standard set

First Draft

Tentacruel@Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    252 hp, 200 sp.def, 58 sp.atk
    -Surf
    -Rapid Spin
    -Toxic spikes
    -Ice beam

Tentacruel is my rapid spinner and sets up toxic spikes + special wall

First Draft

Steelix@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    252 hp, 252 def, 6 sp.def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar
    -Earthquake
    -Explosion

stealth rock and also stops set ups with roar + physical wall

First Draft

Salamence@Life orb
    Nature: Mild
    120 atk, 200 sp,atk, 205 spd
    -Brick Break
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Crunch

MixMence because I dont have an extensive amount of attackers
    -Earthquake resistance

First Draft

Miltank@Leftovers
    (Thick Fat)
    Nature:Impish
    252 hp 224 atk 32 spe
    -Heal bell
    -Milk drink
    -Earthquake
    -Body slam

Miltank is mainly here for heal bell plus shes pretty sturdy

So this is my team minus one pokemon
    2 weaknesses to fighting and ground but I plan on switching to Salamence for ground and Dusknoir for fighting
    Im in major need of, as I said before, another sweeper
    Suggestions welcome and needed
    Please be 100% honest :-)
    (edits in italics)

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    great team,can you tell me how can i trade pokemon with emulator,and witch one?!?? if ya know? ;)

And what does this do to contribute to the topic? =/ This is the "RMT Forum," not the "How can I trade Pokemon with Emulators Forum?"

Anyway, Giga Drain is pretty gimmick on Tentacruel, go Ice Beam. That's pretty much all I can see wrong. EDIT: The message was deleted. :P

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Ah, Tentacreul may have beefy sp.def, but is in no way, shape, or form, a sp.wall. A sp.wall cannot have sucha tremendous Thunderbolt weakness, and a Psychic weakness doesn't help either. It can take plenty sp.attacks, but it is not a sole wall.

Your last slot should be a sp.attacker.

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    So do you think I should replace tentacruel and/or steelix?
    Also is there a sp.attacker you could suggest that could counter a fair few pokemon seeing as I dont have many attacers

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    You could always try to get rid of Steelix for Gliscor or something. It can pack Stealth Rocks and STAB Earthquake too. Plus being immune to Ground and resisting Fighting. That Lucario problem won't just fix itself. =P Weezing's also a big option, since it can take care of your huge Mamo weakness. On the flip side, it kind of gives your almost-as-threatening Heatran problem another way to get in. I guess Gliscor doesn't really stop Heatran if it gets in, either, but the thing can actively come in on Weezing. Plus, Weezing doesn't pack reliable recovery or Stealth Rock.

Anyhow, if you pack Gliscor, you could try and get away with running Shadow Sneak > Fire Punch on Noir for taking out Gengar and Azelf in two hits.

I was going to consider asking you on moving off Miltank for Snorlax to get better Special walling, but then I saw Heal Bell, which you may want to keep. =P But, really, consider Lax. Thick Fat is the bane of Heatran, and ReSTalk with Earthquake helps knock it off the list of things your team has "horrifying problems" with.

I don't see a particularly great way to deal with Tar or Weavile once they're snugly in (Dusknoir can WoW, but there's always missing, and things like that, plus it doesn't like taking your average Choice Band STAB Dark move to begin with). So you could always go the safe way, pick up Bronzong, and use it to take on them - plus the evil Mamoswine. Still, that Heatran thing's pretty threatening to your team. =P

Years
    Yeah Lucario tears you to pieces. So maybe Gliscor and Snorlax. Snorlax doesn't exactly help the Lucario problem, but it fits well with Gliscor, as Gliscor resists fighting and Snorlax resists Ice.

As for Giga Drain on Tentacruel, it stops it being walled by bulky waters (namely swampy), but is only really useful for some suprise damage. Ice beam lets it bring down SpecsMence and hits any Garchomps planning to switch in.

EDIT:Miltank wants Def EVs, not Atk. Its sort of study, but it won't last long without adequate Defence. Also, If you choose Thick Fat, then you may as well go Ice Punch over EQ as it hits dragons and Gengar.

Last edited:
    Back