• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen First game without previous gen Pokemon?

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    It was revealed that the game starts at Route 1 again, and so far we havent seen any old Pokemon in the games, excluded the legendary dogs and Celebi who were traded over. What if this game is completely made up of new Pokemon?

I hope so, I'm tired of seeing Pikachu, Magikarp, Geodude, Zubat, etc. in every game.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    It was revealed that the game starts at Route 1 again, and so far we havent seen any old Pokemon in the games, excluded the legendary dogs and Celebi who were traded over. What if this game is completely made up of new Pokemon?

I hope so, I'm tired of seeing Pikachu, Magikarp, Geodude, Zubat, etc. in every game.

Nope:

Spoiler:

This could be after the elite four though.

It would be pretty logical for them to want to "start over" with a generation of 150+ NEW pokemon. I assume they want to do this because there is a new Route 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    This Route 1 is another fact to the game is based on America. There are the Route 1 in Kanto, which is in Japan, and now, since Issuh is very far from the other places, we have route 1 again.
    But I think we'll have those Pikachus, Geodudes, Magikarps and Zubats again, otherwise we'll have to transfer 493 pokémons to complete the dex :|

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    This Route 1 is another fact to the game is based on America. There are the Route 1 in Kanto, which is in Japan, and now, since Issuh is very far from the other places, we have route 1 again.
    But I think we'll have those Pikachus, Geodudes, Magikarps and Zubats again, otherwise we'll have to transfer 493 pokémons to complete the dex :|

Well even if they are in there we could have a pokedex of 250 or so, around 150 new pokemon with some old ones mixed in.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Pikachu is in everything related to Pokemon so I see no problem with it in the image. All of the Eevee's are in the game so no it may not be nothing but new ones.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Pikachu is in everything related to Pokemon so I see no problem with it in the image. All of the Eevee's are in the game so no it may not be nothing but new ones.

ya i was about to point out a battle with a leafeon was shown so i think at least a few previous pokemon will feature

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I just hope we don't get too many past pokemon. Like in Platinum where half of the region dex was past pokemon.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    route 1 just means a new country. like route 1 was in kanto region in japan there is also a route 1 in the isshu region of X country.

Regions based in North america even should include north american names, or north american like name.

If it is based in America then the name should be something like New york, Idaho, Florida ect. Life kanto was a name or an actual 'region' in japan a first in a new country should too.

althought keep in mind isshu is not confirmed to be based on any country yet. and we shouldn't claim it being american based just by the eagle pokemon heck Jhoto got stantler and deer are only found native to north america and carvanah is in hoen while piranha are native to south america

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It is incredibly unlikely to happen. They're very likely going to add new evolutions/preevolutions, meaning they'll need to keep at least some of the old Pokemon.

and you can't get rid of Zubat. You can never get rid of those Goddamned Bats.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    route 1 just means a new country. like route 1 was in kanto region in japan there is also a route 1 in the isshu region of X country.

Regions based in North america even should include north american names, or north american like name.

If it is based in America then the name should be something like New york, Idaho, Florida ect. Life kanto was a name or an actual 'region' in japan a first in a new country should too.

althought keep in mind isshu is not confirmed to be based on any country yet. and we shouldn't claim it being american based just by the eagle pokemon heck Jhoto got stantler and deer are only found native to north america and carvanah is in hoen while piranha are native to south america

The Idaho Region?

HEY I LIVE THERE!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

Even though it's not confirmed, I think we still have some good looks that it's New York.
    Spoiler:
    Possibilities, though. All of this is up for debate in the Isshu region thread.

So, remember guys, we have an Isshu region thread, so let's try not to steer in that direction and remain true to the possibility of no former pokémon.

Based on what we've seen, I highly doubt this won't contain some previous pokemon in the regional dex.

Last edited:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    They did add that new, weirder bat, so maybe we'll have to say goodbye to Zubat xD

But most likely, no, they won't start over completely with the Pokémon. ;P

Although it does seem that they want kind of a fresh start with these games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    I also remember seeing a Pikachu on one of Hiun City's billboards. It would be odd to throw in a Pokemon that isn't even in the region on a billboard.
    While I find it unlikely that we will completely start over with all new Pokemon, I have to point out one thing: They did that in Sinnoh. In Platinum, the Amity Park has a billboard-thing, and it shows Torchic.

But yeah, I find it unlikely that there will be no old Pokemon. I'd like to see mostly new ones.

Years
    While I find it unlikely that we will completely start over with all new Pokemon, I have to point out one thing: They did that in Sinnoh. In Platinum, the Amity Park has a billboard-thing, and it shows Torchic.
    You got me there, but I seriously doubt the absence of Pikachu in Isshu. He's been available in each main game up to date. Adding old favorites is an easy way to please people who do not like the new Pokemon.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    "old favourites."

Sorry, but I just found it funny if Zubat counted as one of those xP

But as mentioned, we might not see of Zubat anymore :o

Perhaps we'll have another 'Goddamn Bat' then xD

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I've still yet to see conclusive evidence that this region is based somewhat on the US.

Just ignore BeachBoy's post then. :P

Yeah, I think we can safely say it's based on New York City. The geography just matches too perfectly. Even Huin City matches the main metropolitan area that is iconic to the city.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if only Pokemon from the 5th Gen were available pre-national dex. However, I hope it's like DPPt in that you can catch nearly every Pokemon in the game without the need to trade, excluding a few version exclusives, the legends, and the starters.

Back