• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Game You Played

Which was your first Pokemon game?

• Red/Blue

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Gold/Silver

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Crystal

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

• Emerald

• Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Platinum

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black/White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    Personally I go all the way back to the beginning. I got Blue back when it first came out, and Red not too long after that. What about you guys? When did you start playing?

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    Diamond but actually it is mystery dungeon Blue resque team.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    I started Fire Red and Sapphire when I was like 7. I didn't know anything about pkmns back then but I enjoyed it. Then, I stopped pkmn for like 7 years. Then one time I started remembering the Amazing memories with Fire Red, the game just gets me cuddling memories, So I got it again played it and finished it as well as Sapphire. Then I went to see all pokemon Generations I missed.....I WAS LITERARY SHOCKED...Now I'm typical up to date Pokemon freak...

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I started with Yellow around 7 - 8 Years old, I kept that game for a long time, I have no idea where its got too... It's what got me into Pokemon, I restarted that game so many times, I never got bored of it lol

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Sapphire back in 2003. I lost the cartridge years ago, unfortunately...

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Pokémon Yellow was the first game I played, but I was too young to understand anything, I even wasn't able to read. So the first game that really made me liking Pokémon is the Silver version.

MisterBlue92

I don't want your damn lemons!
    Years
    Yellow, then somehow managed to get past Brock with a team that had neither Butterfree or any Pokemon with fighting type moves. I also had no idea what a Pokemon centre was and tried to use a potion on my fainted Rattata, when it didn't work I just caught a new one

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
    Silver was my first game, and although I couldn't read efficiently at the time I could still get the gist of it really well. I really liked the whole look and process of the game, it was also kid friendly in my opinion, since I could play smoothly. I remember I finished up to Lt.Surge, then I lost the cartridge. D: I got Crystal later (along with the GB Advance), and I managed to keep it with me all these years despite the moving. I'm still stuck grinding at Victory Road though, don't know when I'm planning on finishing it. >.<

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Yellow. But I wasn't really interested in it then. I didn't really like it until Ruby/Sapphire. I still played the 2nd Generation, though. :)

Machu Pichu

oddsoul.
    Years
    Yellow for me. I can still remember those childhood days, bringing my Gameboy Color with me and playing Yellow through the long car rides, at restaurants, and in grocery stores. I remember having a Lv. 100 Pikachu, and a Lv. 83 Clefable that could dominate everything in the game (since I learned that it could learn a bunch of TMs in the game).

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    First game I played was Pokemon Diamond or Pearl... I'm not sure which one, as I don't remember.

But I remember I battled someone in my friend's Ruby before that, if that counts.

Back