• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First gen. Missingno?

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Soo, stumbling around on Google today, looking for info on a certain glitch, when I see a snippet from a Missingno website.. It read to the effect:
    "....fighting a first gen glitch in Diamond version."
    I'm thinking.. What?? This was something I HAD to see.
    Well this poster says, you've gotta capture all legends, then go fight the elite four, steal Cynthia's pokemon and then activate this code to battle Rowan, who will send out a first gen Missingno.

I didn't belive the post, but i did start to think, It's not possible to (with ANY codes, cheats, what have you) to find a first gen Missingno? Those sprites don't even exist in D\P\Pt right?

Does anybody disagree?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    No, it wouldn't be possible at all. Not to mention the name wouldn't be written anywhere either, now days they call them '???'. But, Gen I MissingNo. didn't actually have a sprite coded in, it just read other data as though it were an image.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    This definitely isn't possible, don't try it. I don't think there even is a code to fight Rowan. It's just another one of these BS myths that always get started (like Mew in the truck).

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    It's probably a h0ax,
    Don't try it, it might corrupt your data.

No, it wouldn't be possible at all. Not to mention the name wouldn't be written anywhere either, now days they call them '???'. But, Gen I MissingNo. didn't actually have a sprite coded in, it just read other data as though it were an image.

I didn't plan on trying it :X and when I said sprites, I meant like the litle bits of sprite, like Gen 1's "eye." The bits of sprite that made that shape don't exist anymore.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I didn't plan on trying it :X and when I said sprites, I meant like the litle bits of sprite, like Gen 1's "eye." The bits of sprite that made that shape don't exist anymore.

It isn't made up of bits of sprites though, it's just random colours created from reading junk data.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    u gotta capture all legends go fight he elite 4 steel cynthias pokemon and then activate this code to battle rowan who will send out first gen Missingno

(Text changed a bit to make it a bit more obvious)

Now where have we heard stuff like that from before?
    use rocksmash 5o times on the bolder to get mewthree. IT REALY WORKS!

after getting all pokeman go to the truck use strength and mew will be under it. IT WORKS1

wait a year and beat the elite 4 65 times then fly to the place to get missingno and you will get a pokegod. IT WORKS TRUST ME IVE TRIED ET!

get all pokemon and beat the elite 4 300 tomes then restart ur gam and talk to proffesor oak. he will give u pikablu.

I smell something nasty here...

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Hmm I respond to my posts WAYYY too much. Anyway.

@ Myles
    Well the point is they aren't there anymore making the Gen 1 Missingno impossible to appear right?

@Niprop
    My point exactly. Cept I know how to spell.
    (XD)

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Pac, go type in a popular Pokegod like Mewthree or Rainer on google. Almost all of these types of get an Uber Legend cheats are spelled the way Niprop spelled it. Thats his point. Relax dude.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
    I once tried the glich of fighting the Elite Four 50 times and return to Vermillion City to find the S.S. Anne back and battle Mew inside of it... It was sad when it didn't show up...:(

Back