• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: First hack you've ever played?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
Truth be told, I can't remember... it was a hack that enabled all 151 pokemon (first gen then) to be found in game if i'm not mistaken

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Pokémon Naranja/Quartz, don't remember which one was first. The most ironic thing is that I hated both the games so bad. Bad storyline, bad scripting, bad grammar due to poor translation. Some claim them to be legendary hacks, for me they're bad memories.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Pokemon Naranja, got it as a cartridge though my mom bought it for me so she doesn't really know the difference between the legit game and the rom hacks lol. After Naranja, I think it was Pokemon Darkcry. I was like, "oh hell yeah sinnoh pokemon!" then Luxray can learn surf and has the Totodile line cry. Plus Chatot is a steel type and it wrecks ur pokes at level 5. XD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
The first one I've played is Shiny Gold around 2009. Those were the days I played through GameBoy Advance and hacks were still sold from that time and with no personal computer, and no knowledge on hacking. I've enjoyed it though, a little, as me and my other friends who have played it struggled to solve hints to get to Cianwood which we assumed that giving berries to the sick Miltank would disappear the block on Olivine that takes to Cianwood. LOL The hidden house on National Park gave me a Treecko. LOL And, that was the first time I saw Feraligatr's sprite has a butt! LOLZ Haha! Memories!

Infinitum

Years
Pokemon Naranja, got it as a cartridge though my mom bought it for me so she doesn't really know the difference between the legit game and the rom hacks lol. After Naranja, I think it was Pokemon Darkcry. I was like, "oh hell yeah sinnoh pokemon!" then Luxray can learn surf and has the Totodile line cry. Plus Chatot is a steel type and it wrecks ur pokes at level 5. XD

That's a unique item, having a ROM hack on a cartridge. I still remember that a few years ago (in 2009 or so) I once saw a foreign man who was selling a cartridge copy of Pokémon Arcoiris. And a copy or Shiny Gold on a Chinese webshop. Did you like Naranja?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
That's a unique item, having a ROM hack on a cartridge. I still remember that a few years ago (in 2009 or so) I once saw a foreign man who was selling a cartridge copy of Pokémon Arcoiris. And a copy or Shiny Gold on a Chinese webshop. Did you like Naranja?

I got copies of Shiny Gold, Naranja, Chaos Black, and Quartz on cartridges lol. There are more pokemon rom hacks for sale from where I am.

Well, I was a kid back then even though there some spanish there was relatively enough english for me to know whats happening and once I saw a trainer from Ruby I only then realized this isn't a legit game lol Overall I enjoyed it but there was a part where I can't get through and it's a real bummer XD

Infinitum

Years
I got copies of Shiny Gold, Naranja, Chaos Black, and Quartz on cartridges lol. There are more pokemon rom hacks for sale from where I am.

Well, I was a kid back then even though there some spanish there was relatively enough english for me to know whats happening and once I saw a trainer from Ruby I only then realized this isn't a legit game lol Overall I enjoyed it but there was a part where I can't get through and it's a real bummer XD

Naranja was good for its time. But nowadays it's a bit lame.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 9, 2015
I first played Pokemon Shattered Dreams about a year and a half ago. I accidentally stumbled upon it and thought, "Man this is awesome!" When I learned it was never finished, I was sad. It had a lot of potential.

WHAT!! i was litteraly just making a rom hack called that. god damn it

Squeetz

ROM Hacker
Years
The first ROM hack I ever played was Pokemon Quartz.(Somewhere around 2006.) I bought it off some stand in Thailand on vacation and I thought it was some hidden Pokemon game. I still have it and the box for it. At that time, I had no idea what ROM hacking was, and I didn't find out what it was until around 2010.
Of course, since I was new at everything, the hacks I made were pretty darn bad. I even remember drawing some really bad fakemon in paint, lol. I had so many ideas at that time, but didn't have the experience to do much at all.

Years
AshGray for me. I watched some youtubers play it and I was entranced by it. I had to do it for my twitch channel and will soon be doing one for my youtube channel too. It raised so much nostalgia in me. I can play it just like Ash did in the anime which is all I ever wanted to do in Yellow. I can now fulfill my dream. lol

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2021
Shiny Gold back when it was still coming out circa 2006-2007. That was awhile ago. XD

I think it was one of the first pokemon hacks for gba, too bad it was never finished.

Years
My first hack?
pokèmon ruby destiny life of guardians!
I played each beta and enjoyed each one.
I got to know about it by randomly hearing about it on the Internet.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
My first rom hack was Pokemon Shiny Gold. I thought it was so well done and I really enjoyed it. I ended up finding it on a cart too!

Years
  • Age 26
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 10, 2021
We talking Pokemon or in general? Do translation patches count? If they do, then the Mother 3 English patch. Otherwise, Pokemon AshGray.

Years
First hack ever played was flora sky but for some reason it get deleted. Then I downloaded the best of best hack pokemon glazed. Never ever forgot the fun in playing pokemon glazed.

Back