• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen First Impressions of Platinum

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I plan on playing it after studying for my tests tomorrow. It's really hard not being able to play it. I may tonight, but till then, I'll live.

Although I reserved it, I hadn't gotten it yet. I'm in the middle of an essay in which is due tomorrow.
    I'm almost done and as soon as I am, I'm off to get my Pokemon Platinum.

lol, you guys are such great students. :P
    I have so much homework due in a few days... I'm still playing Platinum.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I love it, A LOT. Just walked into Floroma Town, and I still love the little gates. Nice home-y feel to it I suppose

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    One small thing that I really like is the new PokeTech design, with the two buttons. In Diamond I'd be searching for one specific app. and I'd pass it about five times before slowing down.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I now have two badges, and decided to stop by the GTS for the first time. OMFG. It looks amazing. I abs. love how you can watch other peoples battles on your DS. Also, I think with Platinum's release, more people are using Wifi. IE: I put a lvl 17 Gilgar up on the GTS looking for a Lvl 20+ Pikachu, went and watched a 3 on 3 battle, came back, and had my Pika! It's amazing (:

Jr. Berry Master

What me worry?
    Years
    There's all sorts of little UI improvements. The new grass is cool. Everything is cool.
    I'm about 4hrs in and loving every minute of it. ^.^

Bring on the Torn World! - I can hardly wait to check it out

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I just got Pokemon Platinum. Here are my impressions:

1. Who in the world translated the dialogue? He or she should be fired!
    Example:
    Barry: You know, Poké Balls!
    P-O-K-accent-E Balls!
    -facepalm-

2. My starter Turtwig is FEMALE?!

3. Oh my god; and I thought Bidoofs could never get any more uglier...

More to come...

Last edited:

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I just got Pokemon Platinum. Here are my impressions:

1. Who in the world translated the dialogue? He or she should be fired!
    Example:
    Barry: You know, Poké Balls!
    P-O-K-accent-E Balls!
    -facepalm-

2. My starter Turtwig is FEMALE?!

3. Oh my god; and I thought Bidoofs could never get any more uglier...

More to come...
    My Turtwig is female too. :o I agree with your first point. I'm using a Bidoof at the moment so I can't comment on the 3rd point.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Well I'm going for my 4th badge, and other than the gym layouts and the GUI, it's kinda familiar.
    I'm waiting for the Torn World =D.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    everything about this game is the bomb it reminds me of pearl but even better!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Im gonna get myine ASAP, but by the looks of it so far, it is AWSOME! Though the Rotom thing just makes me go "Okaaaaaay" xD

But Platinum rules. FTW xD

Years
    well i loved my platnuim open party was awsome my best friend won the tourny and got a giratina ds case and a limted giratina card and card game tin well of course the games awsome i wated tell i got home to play it though due to the tourny

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    An appearance by Cyrus before I even get the Pokédex? A random appearance by the Looker before I even get to the first gym? Awesome! I love the ongoing plots and recurring characters in Pokémon games, so the more that the overall plotline intrudes on the regular grind of getting badges, the better. Even if it's little cameo appearances of later characters.

Plus, as a fan of any and all villainous teams, I applaud Platinum for having the earliest appearance of a bad guy in a game to date.

And my Piplup is female. Is there a higher ratio of female-to-male starters in Platinum, or were the three of us that commented on it so far just lucky? (Or unlucky, depending on your preference. I'm thinking "easier breeding," so I consider it good luck.)

The OWs are better, too. The male sprite doesn't look like he's about to topple over from that monstrous hat when he's got heavier clothes on.

Ultra Ball X

Certified Ultra Ball
    Years
    Already got my 6th badge and its amazing. Bidoof creeps me out cuz his head is tilited. The new gyms are awesome. I am suprised that you can get a Porygon and a Togepi. all I am waiting now is for the Secret Key event cuz I want Fan Form Rotom!!!!! how do you get Shaymins sky form?? I know you need a flower but I don't know where it is.

MG

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Already got my 6th badge and its amazing. Bidoof creeps me out cuz his head is tilited. The new gyms are awesome. I am suprised that you can get a Porygon and a Togepi. all I am waiting now is for the Secret Key event cuz I want Fan Form Rotom!!!!! how do you get Shaymins sky form?? I know you need a flower but I don't know where it is.

With Shaymin in your party you go talk to a girl in Floaroma Town & She gives it to you, but only with Shaymin.

When you give Shaymin the flower it will turn into Skymin & turn back at night.

It's a key item, you can use it more then once

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I'm not very far in the game but I do know that catching Giratina is going be a pain in the Arceus. :cer_shifty:

Back