• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First OU Team

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
Years
  • Hello! I am kind of new to the whole competitive battling scene, and I've been testing stuff out on Pokemon Showdown. This team is one of the things I've been messing around with. I'm just want to know what I'm doing wrong and if there is anything I could be doing better. Advice and criticism is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! This team is for Gen V by the way. The things in bold is stuff I have changed.

First OU Team

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Swords Dance

First OU Team

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

First OU Team

Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Shadow Ball

First OU Team

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

First OU Team

Scizor @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower

First OU Team

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Stealth Rock

Thank you!

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Heatran is better off with max Special Attack and max Speed. What purpose do its Speed EVs serve? Since you have no entry hazards on you whatsoever, I'd give it Stealth Rock, preferably over Toxic, since Heatran needs all 3 of its offensive moves for coverage.

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
    Years
  • Yeah I was thinking about putting SR on someone. I've also been thinking about replacing the Breloom I have with a Swords Dance set. Would that be a good idea or no?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I've also been thinking about replacing the Breloom I have with a Swords Dance set. Would that be a good idea or no?

Well, as two of your Pokemon already have Swords Dance, it's better not to do that if you want some variety to your team. May I suggest that you add a Ghost-type to your team? Not only they are immune to Fighting-type moves (which two of your Pokemon are weak to) but they also prevent Pokemon that attempt to remove the SR you just laid such as Starmie and Forretress. The most common Ghost-types seen in OU are Jellicent and Gengar, but Sableye, Froslass and Chandelure are also acceptable.

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
    Years
  • I was thinking of replacing Garchomp with something better, so Jellicent sounds like a good choice. I have had problems with Fighting type moves KOing Heatran and Ttar.

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    I suggest Changing Bullet seed to Giga Drain to Heal yourself. And also go to a Poison heal and Toxic orb on Breloom.

Scizor: Change the Item to Leftovers. It weal heal the damage that you take unless your facing a fire type. Then I would suggest the Berry that reduces the fire type attack to Half of its original damage.

I would also Change T-Tars item to something else. And Change one of those moves to Dragon dance for a very good attack. and speed.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Breloom has the potential to fill a couple rolls. It seems you want the techniloom set so here's the basic one.
    Breloom@Life orb/Focus sash
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 hp
    Jolly nature
    Spore
    Swords Dance
    Mach Punch
    Bullet Seed

This set helps bring out Brloom's potential as a physical sweeper and abuses priority. With max speed, Breloom can out speed a fair majority of the tier and deal some major damage with Bullet Seed if they resist fighting.

The rest of your team looks pretty good to me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Breloom has the potential to fill a couple rolls. It seems you want the techniloom set so here's the basic one.
    Breloom@Life orb/Focus sash
    EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 hp
    Jolly nature
    Spore
    Swords Dance
    Mach Punch
    Bullet Seed

This set helps bring out Brloom's potential as a physical sweeper and abuses priority. With max speed, Breloom can out speed a fair majority of the tier and deal some major damage with Bullet Seed if they resist fighting.

The rest of your team looks pretty good to me.

Since this is a sand team, Focus Sash isn't the best choice, because Breloom isn't immune to sandstorm, and once Focus Sash has been activated, Breloom will go down. Fighting Gem is the recommended item in this case.

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
    Years
  • OK I changed my Breloom to be a swords dance set (seriously that is soo good just spore then SD once on the switch/them hoping to wake up and then kill a few pokes). Still looking for any critique or critisism anyone has! :D

Back