• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Person Shooters?

Rhykasho

CRY SOME MORE!
    Years
    kohei said:
    Nice! Tell me if DoD:Source is good, so I might think of getting it too!

I've actually never been a fan of historical FPS's, but the new "film grain" and "motion blur" effect Valve is planning for DoD:Source looks amazing!

Well for what I have played so far its pretty good but it's not as good as the original one.
    The problem is that its a bit too arcade-ish (like most WW2 games) but its still good for a good 1-2 hour slug fest XD

Now Im waiting for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 to come out (by steam first), it looks and sounds really good and it focuses more on realism then most other WW2 games and there is the fact that it's actually set in the Eastern Front. Another thing I find pretty cool about it is that it will have no crosshairs in it what so ever, this means that you need to think about where u are shooting before u fire plus the bullets drop after they travel a certain distance.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Brookes said:
    Well for what I have played so far its pretty good but it's not as good as the original one.
    The problem is that its a bit too arcade-ish (like most WW2 games) but its still good for a good 1-2 hour slug fest XD

Now Im waiting for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 to come out (by steam first), it looks and sounds really good and it focuses more on realism then most other WW2 games and there is the fact that it's actually set in the Eastern Front. Another thing I find pretty cool about it is that it will have no crosshairs in it what so ever, this means that you need to think about where u are shooting before u fire plus the bullets drop after they travel a certain distance.
    Oh man, that does sound good. The last game with no crosshairs I played was True Combat:Elite (Enemy Territory mod)...

But the bullets dropping sounds awsome!

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I love FPS!

My all time favorite is Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark (N64).

It's a darn shame I can't find PD anywhere, *cries*.

I bought F.E.A.R., but it won't work on my computer, although I have played it and it was very good.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Dawg 2005 said:
    I love FPS!

My all time favorite is Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark (N64).

It's a darn shame I can't find PD anywhere, *cries*.

I bought F.E.A.R., but it won't work on my computer, although I have played it and it was very good.
    Yeah, FEAR is very spec intensive despite it's bad backgrounds (object/human graphics are good, effects are excellent, and textures are amazing too, but the backgrounds are... bleh).

Anyhow, since my PC was too low-spec too, I played it on my friends PC...

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I love First Person Shooters! I have:
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Chrome SpecForce
    Red Faction
    Red Faction 2
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Area 51
    Time Crisis 3
    Turok: Evolution
    Peter Jackson's King Kong

I also have a few Third Person Shooters:
    Ratchet and Clank
    Ratchet and Clank 2: Locked and Loaded
    Ratchet and Clank 3
    Ratchet: Gladiator
    Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

Years
    I do enjoy the First Person Shooter. My favorites are:

Halo: Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Medal of Honor and it's other games
    Call Of Cuty
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Doom 3 and the other Doom games
    Duke Nukem 3D

Bowser

The King Of The Koopas
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    i'm a fan of FPS they make great multiplayer games, my faves are perfect dark and timesplitters: future perfect (had loads of great multiplayer nights with that and TS2)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    OK, started playing F.E.A.R. today...

All I can say is: I don't recommend it to people who don't like extreme violence and horror.

Back