• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I preordered the game today purely to make sure I get sent out a code for the demo on its release day. Woo

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I am so honoured to be WPM's (Pokébeach webmaster) source for the demo! I contacted him today, and he immediately responded! Yeahh!

I'm perhaps even able to get a third code (not sure though), but I'll definitely have 2 codes. So PM me if you want to reserve a code! (It is region locked, so only if you're from Europe you'll be able to play the demo!)
    First come, first served.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So does the Demo come to eShop or is it something you have to physically obtain like a code from a store?

From what I know of, all OrAs demos require code which as you said yourself earlier, one needs to get them in person. While some countries distributes the codes through E-mail/Membership exclusive from certain subscribes. I guess part of the reason to distribute the demos by codes are to prevent the eShop from getting traffic.(?) *shrugs*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Sadly these kind of physical codes are those I can't manage to get. Let's hope for a Club Nintendo or Nintendo Zone distribution.

Reactions: Sun

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a north american code distrubution on pgl. unless if like they partner with gamestop again... >.<

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a north american code distrubution on pgl. unless if like they partner with gamestop again... >.<
    As do I. I hope it won't be gamestop, some people had issues with getting the code for a Mega stone, having the workers at the stores tell them they had to pre-order OR/AS to get the code. Though it'll be funny if that becomes true for this code...again I hope not.

Btw does anyone here work in a gamestop? Since the Demo is coming out in 3 days you'll probably know in advance, unless NA is getting their demo later than every one else.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • I'm guessing it won't be coming to the eShop - all of the traffic might cause it to overload or something. My money is on GameStop distribution.

Years
  • I'm guessing it won't be coming to the eShop - all of the traffic might cause it to overload or something. My money is on GameStop distribution.
    I think the Demos are to be redeemed from the e-shop anyways, the codes just keep the number of downloads limited as not everyone (with access to wi-fi) will be able to/decide to get them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    I called a few local Gamestops, all of which said no news on a ORAS demo code being offered... They just said the Gengar ones are in already and distribution of course starts on Monday.

However, apparently folks who preordered on Amazon.co.uk will receive US codes? I preordered on it to just be safe. A couple of people emailed Amazon UK and asked about the codes, to which they responded they had US codes.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Ok people, we already have a lucky winner for the spare code, so you don't have to try to contact me anymore.

Only 2 days left! I'm so stoked for the demo! First time I'm looking forward to a demo. Plus I'm going to Skype with WPM to show him demo footage. :3

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I called a few local Gamestops, all of which said no news on a ORAS demo code being offered... They just said the Gengar ones are in already and distribution of course starts on Monday.

However, apparently folks who preordered on Amazon.co.uk will receive US codes? I preordered on it to just be safe. A couple of people emailed Amazon UK and asked about the codes, to which they responded they had US codes.

Wait, what? But if we have American Codes... doesn't that mean we can't play the demo?

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I hope everyone enjoys the demo! :) USA/CA will just wait for the full game! Which I'm fine with it's about time the rest of the world gets something and not our country!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I hope everyone enjoys the demo! :) USA/CA will just wait for the full game! Which I'm fine with it's about time the rest of the world gets something and not our country!

For god sake NORTH AMERICA HAS ALREADY CONFIRMED TO BE GETTING THE DEMO. It's just not been announced how yet. The official site will probably update in a few hours, and the U.S demo news will probably come with it.

Sorry if it comes off angry or harsh and it's not directed directly to you but everyone who says NA isn't getting the demo is wrong because the demo has already been confirmed!

Years
  • For god sake NORTH AMERICA HAS ALREADY CONFIRMED TO BE GETTING THE DEMO. It's just not been announced how yet. The official site will probably update in a few hours, and the U.S demo news will probably come with it.

Sorry if it comes off angry or harsh and it's not directed directly to you but everyone who says NA isn't getting the demo is wrong because the demo has already been confirmed!

As is Latin America. Wonder why GF is leaving the Americas in the dark about our demo codes...Again, I hope it'll be revealed with the Official site's update. Who knows, we may end with the best deal :3

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • If there just happens to be any other fellow Spaniards around here, you can get codes from the Nintendo magazine (3.5€) or go to a Game store on Wednesday and snag one of the 20,000 downlaods available.

Years
  • As is Latin America. Wonder why GF is leaving the Americas in the dark about our demo codes...Again, I hope it'll be revealed with the Official site's update. Who knows, we may end with the best deal :3

I'm pretty sure you guys will get a method that's easy so that it was worth the wait. Hopefully it'll be something similar to what we get where I'm at, which is through retailers (GameStop I think in your case, like what we have with EB Games) and/or Club Nintendo.

Still kinda mysterious why they never wanted to reveal your details for a while now. But I'm sure you Americans can get your methods soon!

Back