• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Disclaimer: I'm in australia.

I just got my cope via email from club nintendo. Yay! Pity I am at uni. Just the one code, so I cannot share it with friends, sadly. Still, neat that I got one along with the Smash one the previous time too. So if you're in Australia, now is a good time to check your email.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wonder which Mega the US will get, since I hear that Japan got Steelix, while Korea and Europe got Glalie. Perhaps there could even be a third Mega that will be for the US demo (or perhaps even all of the Americas).

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I wonder which Mega the US will get, since I hear that Japan got Steelix, while Korea and Europe got Glalie. Perhaps there could even be a third Mega that will be for the US demo (or perhaps even all of the Americas).
    Im curious as to whether or not australia has one. I am good in social studies but bad with regions, so does it fall into europe or korrea's region? Its a no right? Anyway can't wait to see what america gets. oping it's tomorrow, though unlikely.

Years
  • Im curious as to whether or not australia has one. I am good in social studies but bad with regions, so does it fall into europe or korrea's region? Its a no right? Anyway can't wait to see what america gets. oping it's tomorrow, though unlikely.
    Neither, but I think Europe and Australia fall under the PAL regions, whatever that is...I've actually never bothered asking what it is...so what is does PAL stand for?
    I find it strange how Korea which is in the same geographical region as Japan doesn't get Mega Steelix...
    I have a feeling that the Americas and Japan will get Mega Steelix and the rest of the world will get Mega Glalie.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Neither, but I think Europe and Australia fall under the PAL regions, whatever that is...I've actually never bothered asking what it is...so what is does PAL stand for?
    I find it strange how Korea which is in the same geographical region as Japan doesn't get Mega Steelix...
    I have a feeling that the Americas and Japan will get Mega Steelix and the rest of the world will get Mega Glalie.
    Ok thanks, and google gave me this answer:

The PAL region (PAL being short for Phase Alternating Line) is a television publication territory that covers most of Asia, Africa, Europe and Oceania. It is so named because of the PAL television standard traditionally used in those regions, as opposed to the NTSC standard traditionally used in Japan and the United States, which both produce a large portion of the world's televisions.

I wouldn't mind those two being the only megas, although it be cool to and i also wouldn't be suprised ti see at least a 3 mega spanning across the regions, but only time will tell.

Years
  • Ok thanks, and google gave me this answer:

The PAL region (PAL being short for Phase Alternating Line) is a television publication territory that covers most of Asia, Africa, Europe and Oceania. It is so named because of the PAL television standard traditionally used in those regions, as opposed to the NTSC standard traditionally used in Japan and the United States, which both produce a large portion of the world's televisions.

I wouldn't mind those two being the only megas, although it be cool to and i also wouldn't be suprised ti see at least a 3 mega spanning across the regions, but only time will tell.
    Interesting...then I assume that the PAL regions will indeed get Glalie since Korea and Europe did, and both seem to fall under that area, while the NTSC regions (Japn and the US will get Mega Steelix). If there is a third Mega I think it may be the reward for playing the demo everyday until a certain point.

Years
  • Neither, but I think Europe and Australia fall under the PAL regions, whatever that is...I've actually never bothered asking what it is...so what is does PAL stand for?

Region-exclusive Megas? That is like something completely new.

Thank god I am not even planning to get this demo because I hate Mega Glalie's design (it looks almost like regular Glalie with added crystals, plus I hate how its mouth is always open) but intentionally excluding one region from getting a certain Mega would be just stupid. I do hope that there can be a way to obtain both these two on the main game because missing out on a Mega solely due to your region (doesn't help that Australia hasn't gotten a Diancie event announced yet meaning we could easily miss our chance to get Diancie's Mega and that would give Game Freak bad reputation) would really cause Game Freak to get a lot of backlash from certain players.

Years
  • Region-exclusive Megas? That is like something completely new.

Thank god I am not even planning to get this demo because I hate Mega Glalie's design (it looks almost like regular Glalie with added crystals, plus I hate how its mouth is always open) but intentionally excluding one region from getting a certain Mega would be just stupid. I do hope that there can be a way to obtain both these two on the main game because missing out on a Mega solely due to your region (doesn't help that my region hasn't gotten a Diancie event announced yet meaning we could easily miss our chance to get Diancie's Mega) would really cause Game Freak to get a lot of backlash from certain players.
    This may only be an offshoot of them having Region exclusive forms of Vivilion that we saw in XY. As we know that was meant to motivate people to trade. This may be similar. But unlike Vivilion we only get one Mega stone...or do we? Perhaps the Demo yields multiple copies of the stone.

Also it's not confirmed that Glalie is Australia's Demo's Mega. It's just my theory at this point. Someone prove me, or disprove me on this when you get your Mega stone.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's weird - Australia gets treated differently all the time. We're PAL like Europe, and have gotten game releases with them. On the flip side, ORAS comes out for us the same date as the US, and other times we've been separate from them all (even before both on rare occasion).

Likely someone else would beat me to it, but if not then when I actually get home today and download the demo (can't do that on uni net, bah), I'll mention what mega Australia gets.

EDIT:
    Thank god I am not even planning to get this demo because I hate Mega Glalie's design (it looks almost like regular Glalie with added crystals, plus I hate how its mouth is always open) but intentionally excluding one region from getting a certain Mega would be just stupid. I do hope that there can be a way to obtain both these two on the main game because missing out on a Mega solely due to your region (doesn't help that Australia hasn't gotten a Diancie event announced yet meaning we could easily miss our chance to get Diancie's Mega and that would give Game Freak bad reputation) would really cause Game Freak to get a lot of backlash from certain players.
    Yo, it... has happened before. We only started getting events of any sort on a regular basis come 4th gen, and we have missed out on the odd one (e.g. the Celebi event for HGSS). Any backlash about that has been fairly minimal at best.

And meanwhile, you can trade mega stones and event Pokemon via wifi if you really want one badly enough.

My guess is anyway that the mega stone will be available in some other form outside the demo, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Years
  • This may only be an offshoot of them having Region exclusive forms of Vivilion that we saw in XY. As we know that was meant to motivate people to trade. This may be similar. But unlike Vivilion we only get one Mega stone...or do we? Perhaps the Demo yields multiple copies of the stone.

Also it's not confirmed that Glalie is Australia's Demo's Mega. It's just my theory at this point. Someone prove me, or disprove me on this when you get your Mega stone.

I think Vivillon's forms were still a very interesting feature, but that's out of the question.

As for Australia's leg of the demo, it may not have been fully confirmed yet but I'm sure one may reveal something soon but I think your theory on Mega Glalie being in PAL region versions of the demo while Mega Steelix is in NTSC versions could heavily hint towards it getting the former. If any Australians do get a Mega Stone they should at least reveal the details and see if your theory was proven.

It's weird - Australia gets treated different all the time. We're PAL like Europe, and have gotten game releases with them. On the flip side, ORAS comes out for us the same date as the US, and other times we've been separate from them all (even before both on rare occasion).

Likely someone else would beat me to it, but if not then when I actually get home today and download the demo (can't do that on uni net, bah), I'll mention what mega Australia gets.

Yeah our region is a very weird case in a lot of instances, one is that we're getting the New 3DS earlier than every other region yet we are tied for last with Japan in terms of the upcoming SSB Wii U release (with America being first, followed by Europe) however when it comes to most Pokemon games we were usually in the middle as far as non-Japanese release order was concerned prior to 6th Gen. And there was the fact we got Gold & Silver before America did as well.

And when you factor timezone order in, Australia (especially the eastern side) and New Zealand will also somehow be the first region the main OR/AS game will be released in technically. In fact, the east coast will be getting the games 2 hours before Japan does.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So... I know some countries can now download the demo and all. I'm curious about its size. Anyone know the demo's file size?

Years
  • I think Vivillon's forms were still a very interesting feature, but that's out of the question.

As for Australia's leg of the demo, it may not have been fully confirmed yet but I'm sure one may reveal something soon but I think your theory on Mega Glalie being in PAL region versions of the demo while Mega Steelix is in NTSC versions could heavily hint towards it getting the former. If any Australians do get a Mega Stone they should at least reveal the details and see if your theory was proven.

Yeah our region is a very weird case in a lot of instances, one is that we're getting the New 3DS earlier than every other region yet we are tied for last with Japan in terms of the upcoming SSB Wii U release (with America being first, followed by Europe) however when it comes to most Pokemon games we were usually in the middle as far as non-Japanese release order was concerned prior to 6th Gen. And there was the fact we got Gold & Silver before America did as well.

And when you factor timezone order in, Australia (especially the eastern side) and New Zealand will also somehow be the first region the main OR/AS game will be released in technically. In fact, the east coast will be getting the games 2 hours before Japan does.
    Also discounting the XY street date debacle you Aussies got XY before Japan and the rest of the world too irc.
    Wait, the New 3DS dates outside of Japan are already out? Goes google...

@ mewman There is a chance we may get it the 15th.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • it doesn't look like we can't choose between the boy and girl characters in this of from what i've seen based on the demo vids floating around youtube.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Also discounting the XY street date debacle you Aussies got XY before Japan and the rest of the world too irc.
    Wait, the New 3DS dates outside of Japan are already out? Goes google...

@ mewman There is a chance we may get it the 15th.

The US won't be getting the Demo until the 21st. We will get our codes via Email ONLY if we have trainer club accounts and have enabled promotional emails. North America is the last continent to get the Demos.

Years
  • The US won't be getting the Demo until the 21st. We will get our codes via Email ONLY if we have trainer club accounts and have enabled promotional emails. North America is the last continent to get the Demos.
    Well the confusing thing is that Serebii mentions the 21st, but Pokebeach mentions tomorrow, so it's sort of a toss up at this point. No official source confirms that the day we can input the code is the 21st. It may be that the 20th is the last day one can sign up and still get the e-mail if they want to get the Demo.

Back