• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Pokemon Game?

Adley

Tidiliboo
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Pokemon yellow. Just because it was the coolest thing at my Karate. I hated it. IDK why I kept playing.

DryBones41

Account is dead. X_X
    Years
  • The first Pokemon game I ever got was Pokemon Blue.

But the Pokemon games I have now are...Pokemon Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, Colosseum and XD.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    1.Emerald
    2.Ranger
    3.Diamond
    4.LeafGreen
    5.Platinum
    6.HeartGold/SoulSilver (coming soon)

Lol, i got Emerald when i was 10, got stuck in Slateport for ages.
    Then Ranger came after a big gap (i eventually caught all legends in Emerald, had them all at lv.100, as well as most pokemon available in the game at lv.100, the game time was at max. etc. then my brother restarted coz he wanted a mudkip and i'd chosen Torchic.

I loved Emerald coz i'd only ever seen Suicune in a movie, so when i caught it i was so happy, and when Groudon,Kyogre,Mew,Celebi and Deoxys appeared, i was so flippin crazy!!

Diamond was brilliant, Staraptor was my first ever pokemon to use a fighting move since Blaziken.

and i chose Piplup like the rest of the world, coz penguins rock ass.

LeafGreen was got because i was upset i could still not get Bulbasaur,Wartortle and Charizard. And i couldn't find Dratini for my Dragonite.
    Platinum was bought in Newcastle, after i'd restarted my Diamond out of boredom and lost tons of brilliant pokemon.Although now, i'm getting an even better Dragonite than before, i haven't bothered getting Hoenn legends again.

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
  • The first Pokemon game I played was Red, but I got bored of it very quickly and stopped after maybe 2 gyms. The first Pokemon game I actually liked and finished with a near-full Pokedex was Crystal... probably because of the fact that you could play as a girl!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    Hi!
    My first pokemon game was Pokemon Silver and it was very nice game.
    I played Pokemon game many times.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    My first game ever was Blue. I loved it and played it until the battery died out and you couldn't save any longer. T_T Then my sister dropped it in water.. so I never had it again.

But I also had others, which were:

1. Blue
    2. Yellow
    3. Pokemon Pinball
    4. Silver & Gold (But silver came first)
    5. Pearl (Which I bought just recently)
    and of course soon will be HG and SS.

Sadly, I don't have anymore of my gameboy games. I did re-buy a yellow version last year though, but I haven't played all the way through yet.

But, that's also not to mention the N64 games I had. Pokemon Puzzle League, Hey You! Pikachu, Pokemon Snap.. I think we also had the first Pokemon Stadium at one point.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Pokemon Red was my very first videogame. Whenever I hear the word "videogame," Red Version is instantly the first thing that pops up in my head.

I won't bother listing the main series games I have, since I own all of them. :P
    As for a timeline, I'll just say that one of the advantages to starting at the very beginning is being able to get the games as they come out.

Years
  • Pokemon Blue Version in '98.

Got it as a late birthday gift (14th b-day). When I got Red Version, I ended up doing that "change the color" thing using the D-pad so I could have the blue colors as I played Red later. Even bought a second Game Boy Color and cable so I could trade with myself.

Stupid AA batteries!

aкισ

Become one ; (;
    Years
  • Greaatt memoires,
    First i got Pokemon Red.. I was about 6, so i didnt know what i was doing..
    i got to about the 7th gym.. then i quit.
    Then i got Crystal..
    I beat itt.
    About 2 weeks after i beat it, my mom brought me to get some others..
    I had only $10 so i bought silver and gold used >.<
    Next i got Leafgreen, then Firered..
    Then Ruby, i never liked it though. i got to like the 5th gym..
    Then i got Emerald, beat it in like 3 days xD
    Thenn... I got Pearl, Thennn i got platinum ...
    And soon i'll have Soulsilver <3

Years
  • Red was my first game, my brother got blue at the same time. He "outgrew" the series by the time Sapphire came out. Subsequent games were as follows, anyways-
    Yellow
    Silver (brother got Gold)
    Ruby (brother got Sapphire)
    LeafGreen
    Emerald
    Pearl
    preordered HG, getting SS as a present.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Blue was my first (Red was my brother's first)
    Then came:
    Silver
    Crystal
    Sapphire
    Leaf Green
    Emerald
    Pearl
    Platinum

(My brother and I claim/claimed joint ownership of Yellow, Stadium 1 and 2, Colosseum, XD, and PBR)

Rain

Years
  • 1. Gold
    2. Crystal
    3. Firered
    4. Emerald
    5. Pearl
    6. Platinum (Jp and Eng)
    7. Soulsilver (Jp)

I played a little bit of my friend's red game before I got Gold, but since that technically wasn't mine, I don't count it as my first pokemon game.

I never restarted Gold, so it still has my original file from when I was 10. :3

Years
  • First was Yellow, then after that I got Sapphire, Colosseum, Leafgreen, Emerald, Blue, Crystal, XD, Diamond, and (soon) Soul Silver.

My older cousin has the opposites of what I have.

Back