• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • I guess it's just a generational thing, Went. Most likely, older people must have started with Brown (or the other GB hacks), while newer people must have started with GBA hacks, like CB and SG.

In my case, I dont know if you consider translations as "hacks", but if you do, then I should say the first hack was a translation for a game called "Bahamut Lagoon", a really good strategy (kinda like Fire Emblem in style) game for the SNES.

Now, if hacks are what we know currently as hacks, then the only thing I can remember about is playing Brown and I think the other one was called Orange. Dont really remember which order, but I've played both Pokemon hacks for the GB, after being tired of playing always the same Pokemon games.

peirau

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Pokemon Arcoiris.
    A friend send me once VisualBoy Advance and Pokemon Arcoiris I really had fun playing it.
    Though it was just a beta and I don't know if this hack has gone any furter yet =/.

Surinade

Pokémon ROM- Hacker
    Years
  • My first ROM- Hack I've played, would be Pokémon Esmeralda.
    It isn't a very populair Hack. When I first played it, I was certainly suprised about the feeling you could hack Pokémon ROM's.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, I bet all of you can never figure out the first hack I ever played!

Spoiler:

MegaKirby3000

The Shadow Trainer/Member
    Years
  • Pokemon Quartz and then Shiny gold and Really I admit I joined because of wanting to know how to hack and download Hacks

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    I think the first few hacks I played were mostly the GB hacks on Zophar's Domain, Bokemob and Cokemon in particular, for laughs, but then I started playing other stuff and I was amazed by what could be changed (apart from simple text).

NatureKeeper

Hmm... Now let's see.... My first hack i played was RubyDestiny_ReignOfLegends. I think...

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    the first one i ever played was POKEMON Quartz. A classic hack of ruby.
    i'm waiting for beta 3 of Marble

RabiesGuy

Frozen Heart
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2008
    I have play pokemon ruby destiny > shinygold > blue sea > genesis > prism > rescue ranger ( currently )

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2010
    Shiny Gold!! It is one of the best hacks on this site :D
    I've tried others too, but Shiny Gold was the first and best :D

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • Well, I came onto the whole hacking scene over 4 years ago, before I joined PC. I think the first hack I played was Cokemon. Don't shoot me. It was off zophar's or something, and I was like: "Is this what rom hackers are like?" Unbelievable.
    Basically, I played all these text/tile only hacks, all in the one day, and then I played brown, and everything was all right. "Oh, there are some sane rom hackers. I might try this." XD

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Most people are surprised to find out I have never played a hack before.
    The only one I have played is Pokemon Prism, because coolboyman specifically asked me too, but otherwise, no. I have not played any hacks.
    :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2008
    i played shiny gold and i wanna make my own but i have no idea how to start can someone give me pointers in possable just pm me please help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back