• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    my first one was Pokemon Crystal shards. i have to say it was amazing. but he quit... second was Pokemon Shiny gold.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Wow, this threads a great idea!

I had a hard job remembering. I had a few I'd bought off the market, before I really got into it and I played a few with only minor alterations such as one with just new starters etc. But I think the first proper hack I played was Pokémon Dirt Brown by Firemaster and it was brilliant. I registered just to download it. I even found the old thread, August 12th 2004: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14779&highlight=dirtbrown (I remember everyone being amazed when he included a train)...

Haha...

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    I was at my friend's house and he let me play Chaos Black. (The pirated version) I didn't even know it was a ROM hack until recently.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2008
    Pokemon Quartz haha. Googled Pokemon ROM hacks and downloaded it.
    It led me here one I looked into hacking ROMs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    i think the first Rom-hack i ever played was SDW: the legend continues, the one made by FuSoYa.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • The first pokemon hack i played was Team Rocket Edition of Gold/Silver by a hacker named MeowthHacks who apparently changed their name to MiskaHacks.
    It was in early stages of development and I think the hacker disappeared from the face of the earth which I found to be very disappointing

Years
  • umm... Mother 3 or Shiny Gold. and I'm stuck in both Mother 3 and Shiny Gold. in SG, I'm in Saffron City, I beat the gym leader, and the FAQs say I have to go west, but I can't since my rival put a big rock in both the east and west entrances. in M3, I'm in the graveyard in the house there, and I'm in that shop where I gotta buy a snake rope, but idk how to.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Can't remember...

I can't really remember, think it was Pokemon naranja or quartz.

Last edited:

KingKombat

Intermediate Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    Ah, to many surprises the first hack i ever played was my own. After melting my brain on youtube, i stumbled across a video of a hacked pokemon game. So, out of curiosity, i googled pokemon hacks. the rest was blurry but i was given a link to pokemon hacking tools. (keep in mind this was a WHILE ago) so i open up the program, as clueless as i was. i watch some youtube tutorial and start text hacking. (back then advance text and advance map were pretty much the only tools.) and there you have it. i stopped after i got a mac cuz i really couldnt find mac programs. but now i just use Darwine and i got back into hacking again. but i found PC through a google search.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Does it have to be a Pokemon ROM hack? The first one I played was a Fire Emblem hack made by my friend. That's how I got into hacking, because I wanted to hack Fire emblem.

If it has to be a pokemon one, it would be Shiny Gold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back