• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My first hack was a Mario World hack, if I remember correctly. In terms of Pokemon hacks though, I think it was Brown or Pokemon Z, and my first 3rd Gen hack was... well, technically it was a translated Fire Red game I bought, complete with a 'CHARM' and 'PIDGE' amongst other 5-letter-named pokemon already on it (I originally thought it was a normal game, so it seemed a little odd. I didn't know it was actually a translated version at the time, I just assumed it was 'broken'...) but my first 'real' hack was Shiny Gold.

And after finding out it was from here (I downloaded it from somewhere else.) I joined here to download other hacks, and decided I might as well post here, too.

...and I just gave my life-story again. :nervous:

Jeyboye

Digital and traditional art
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    First rom hack? Well: Pokemon. Chaos Black.

It was actually the first time I realized a rom maye be hacked. Then, Shiny gold was the first legal rom hack (according to most tos) I've played since it was a patch.
    --------
    Peace

Years
  • I think I found Pokemon Quartz randomly, while surfing, and that was the first one... That or i was looking for a Gold remake and found Shiny Gold here. I wanted to start hacking so i joined :P

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • When I wrote "pokemon game computer" on Google, I got some ROMs. Later on, I found WAH which I visit today. I HAD TO have A-Map, so I downloaded it. I started changing maps, I was very good though, then I came across Quartz. Then, I found ShinyGold. I knew PokeCommunity existed because my friend told me on Skype.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • um.............................................I think mine was...Ruby Destiny! Best game ever! AND IT'S PART OF A SERIES!!! NEXT GAME BETA 1 IN SPRING!!!!

Ashen

※ あなたを…
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    I actually think my first romhack was Super Kaizo World, which is an insane romhack of Super Mario World for the SNES. For anyone who's played it, I feel your pain. Ended up playing level 1 of it at a friend's house over the summer. I honestly don't remember if I got all my Pokémon romhacks before or after that, though.

First Pokémon hack was Pokémon Prism. I played a whole bunch in rapid succession, though (which doesn't mean I finished them, heh).

I actually did join PC because of a romhack, but only because I'm recording myself playing it and thought it'd be a disservice to everyone here to not let the place where it originated from have their say.

Firebird1515

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    Pokemon naranja was my first but i joined to get reigns of legends. i saw it on youtube.

Years
  • my friend at school hooked me up with the Gpsp gba emulator for the sony psp. at first i played standard pokemon games (emerald, fire red) then i was on 4shared one day and i saw "Pokemon shiny gold.gba." i was like "wtf is this?!!" i played it enjoyed it and then i downloaded many more pkmn hacks. Including shiny gold, ruby destiny, quartz, platinum (awsome one until i had no idea what to do after eterna city) ash's quest, (still working on) emerald 386, fire red 386, and more!!!
    I love rom hacks so much since then. If anyone has a good suggestion for me private message me please!! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back