• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Rom Hack you played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Me? Well, the first ROM Hack (That I knew was one) I ever played was something called Mario VIP. If you don't know what that is, look it up.

First Pokemon ROM Hack? Shiny Gold. It got me to join the site, even though I was lurking around as a guest for about... half a year. I was eventually going to join anyway.

EDIT: Actually, I just realised. The first ROM Hack I ever played is Ketai Denjuu Telefang (Or better known as 'Pokemon Diamond'). I know that's an actual game, but it was the translation, and it was renamed, and I played it as a ROM. Technically it's a ROM Hack. I played it a long time ago, and I mean it was before the third gen, I believe. I might be remembering it wrong, though. (And this also is the first hack I played. But I'm keeping VIP up there, since it was the first one I knew was a ROM Hack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2014
    im not sure what the first one i played was, i do know it was a hack of red / blue and you got the legendary birds as starters, besides that not much changed exept for a surfboard item replaced hm surf.

after that i played some team rocket hack wich was horrible and some orange island hack in wich i got raped on route 1 ( charmender starter vs wild squirtles )

years later i actually got into the whole hacking scene with shiny gold, and thats the reason i joined pc aswell

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    Shiny Gold.

...plain and simple...and it seems it unanimous...if this were family feud the number one answer would be shiny gold no doubt

Years
  • The first ROM Hack I played was Pokemon Quartz by TehBaro, It is an amazing hack and is very underrated among the internet. (>_<)
    I later used Google and I found these forums and WAH Studio Pokemon. I decided to sign up for PokeCommunity. I played different hacks like Light Platinum, Azure Horizons, Brown, and Prism and they were magnificent!

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    pokemon shiny gold... i have not gotten very far... but so far it look s very close to pokemon gold! i did not join this forum so i can play hacks i did it so i can get help making hacks... btw i joined a week ago lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    It was a hack of Red or Blue. I can't remember much about it apart from the fact that I think the professor was a woman, and the lab was like a cave or something...

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • Brown. The ORIGANAL Brown, nonetheless.

Ever since then, I've had high standerds for hacks. The only other ones I played, in order, were Shiny Gold, (Old) White, Emerald 386 (Which is awesomesauce), and Toxic Purple. (Which is awesome incarnate)

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
    Years
  • Yes you guessed it! It's...Pokémon ChaosBlack! of course, I thought the lion was pretty cool; me being a feline fan.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • A really, really old one made out of Pokémon Blue/Red, I can't even remember what one it was, but it was so many years ago.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Yea, i remember i was watching some kind of pokemon episode on youtube and one of the links said how to play pokemon shiny gold. i was like what? i thought it was a real game and was planning to collect some bottles for money so that i can go to walmart and buy it!. i later found a tutorial on how to download it. i played the one with firered leafgreen graphics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back