• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First shiny u ever saw?

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
Years
  • It was a spheal in ruby(Ruby was the first pokemon game i ever played lol)tho i didnt knew about hoen pokemons since it still wasnt in my tv network so all the pokemonsa from hoen was new to me and when i saw that speal and becoz of those stars that sprinkles as shinies i thought it was a alien that will unlock the space center in ruby so i caougt it and then i thought that it was a defected pokemon so i never raised it LOL

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I have never seen a shiny. :( Twice I thought I had - once when I encountered a Ditto in Crystal, and I didn't really look at it until it morphed into my Poliwag, but purple. I assumed this meant it was shiny, though it was actually just to show that it wasn't a real Poliwag, but a Ditto-Poliwag. I didn't catch it anyway, I ran out of balls.

The second time was just last night. I was looking for a Hippowdon on Route 228 and then ZOMFG BLACK HIPPOWDON! My fingers trembling, I weakend, paralysed and caught it. I was over the moon and went straight on Bulbapedia to see what it could learn - only to find out that all female Hippowdon are black. I was not happy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    never encountered a shiny exept for for gyrados, a bibarel from gts (dont know if it is fake) and my friend using action replay....

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Ive only ever seen one shiny! and thats the gyrados from GSC!! Haha I dont have much luck with things like shines. How do you guys see so many?

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Mine was a Cascoon. =)
    I caugth it, and it evolved.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Mine was a shiny Gyarados on pearl so I caught it.
    Also I was training my Luxray on platinum and I told myself that the next poke I saw will be a shiny tentacruel then it happened. XD True storey.
    Also these were in late 2008 and middle 2009
    I have been playing pokemon for 9 years now and those are the first shinies i have ever seen.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • besides the gyrados i saw:
    silver beedrill (ran out of park balls in gold)
    Gold Rattata (Heart Gold)
    lite Orange Charmander (FR i was breeding to migrate and i was wow i hatched a shiny)

Years
  • it was the 1st time i knew there's pokemon with different color and spark other than gyarados, a blue nidoran in crystal

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • mine was a blue magicarp on red, that was when i was like 6-7 yrs old, latest was a greenish golbat, there both gone :(
    Shinies on red version? 0_0

Anyway, not counting the Red Gyarados and the shiny Ditto, my first one was a golbat in Silver Cave. I was going to battle Red without repels and accidentally encountered it. Instant Masterball (yeah I had a few of them from trades holding one).

Next, I met a shiny weedle in viridian forest on FR, same way round, I was walking towards pewter and bang, it happened. And caught it, again, fortunately I had pokeballs with me. The exact next day I was surfing around water from route to route, just to get a trainer rebattle, and encountered a shiny Tentacool. Talk about lucky eh? well, no luck that time, I was used on pressing 'run away' without looking much at the wild pokemon, and I pressed it one more time. "Waaaah, why me? and why now?"

Stupidly enough, I always thought that Shinies had better stats than original pokemon...

Anyhow, no luck yet on D/P/P.

For those of you who never encountered a shiny, I had a motto on that, which actually worked with me, saying "the shinies come when you don't expect it". It seemed correct to me.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    My first shiny was on silver. A shiny sunkern. on the national park.i dont know any about shiny pokemon on that time,I caught him without knowing its a shiny, I caught him because i like the stars that appeared on him before the battle.
    My second one was a shiny tentacool, i saw him on the sea next to lilycove.
    my third one was a shiny goldeen on the extended safari zone of emerald and on the same day i found a shinyn oddish on the grass in front of the safari sone,But unfortunately i didnt caught him,i accidentally pressed the "run away". i found it a shiny one after i pressed that button.DARN
    Then i found a shiny graveller a red one on rock tunnel on my firered.(My friend found a green kyogre,too bad he didnt caught hij xD)

As what NiKaNoRoU exactly said,"the shinies come when you don't expect it"

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    First ever shiny Pokemon I saw was a Shiny Tentacool on my best friend's Emerald. I was like OMG!!!! Then, the next one was a Shiny Bidoof on Platinum. Too bad I don't have PokeBalls yet :(

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    My first shiny Pokemon I saw and this is going to sound so original, was the Red Garados. When I first saw it I realised that it was rare but I missed my chance of catching it the first time i ever saw it. But now I have caught it a million and one times since.

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Actually I saw a shiny wooper (aside from the obvious one) on pokemon silver first. I never saw one on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. The next shiny was on Pokemon Diamond--it was a Roselia.

The only shinies I ever saw were a shiny Magikarp in Silver, the Red/Gold Gyarados, and I think some shiny pokemon on Iron Island in Diamond when I was doing the double battle thing.

Back