• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny

Wya77

Average Trainer
Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread like this one so here I go. I didn't know where to put it, and I thought this would be the best place.

Have you ever found a shiny Pokemon? If so what was it?

First Shiny

I found a shiny Golbat on Victory Road on my Emerald ROM several minutes ago. I got it down to half health and tossed a net ball at it. (Wasn't planning on it working, but it did.) When I first saw it, for a split second I thought my ROM was messing up. Turns out it wasn't. :D

What sucks is that I'm doing a challenge, so I can't show it off to the AI. AND it's on a ROM which sucks more because I can't transfer.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • This belongs more to PGC (although I'm not sure if there's already a thread like this there).

I'll move it for ya!
    My first shiny was an Oddish in Pokemon Emerald; I also found more in Pokemon Pearl; which was a Gyarados, Munchlax, and Heracross.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    This belongs more to PGC (although I'm not sure if there's already a thread like this there).

I'll move it for ya!
    My first shiny was an Oddish in Pokemon Emerald; I also found more in Pokemon Pearl; which was a Gyarados, Munchlax, and Heracross.

Thanks. And wow.. 3 in 1 game AND they're decent pokemon.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • My first shiny is a shiny Cornscript in Quartz. (I made it obtainable, I wanted it SO much!) My sister says shinies in hacks don't count. I think they do. But my first (and only) shiny in an official unhacked game in an unhacked cartridge is my shiny Tengela in Crystal.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • My first shiny was my Ponyta in Diamond, thanks to chaining.

I named it Flakey after the character in Happy Tree Friends, and I did what I was doing with all my Pokemon at that time- Smack on a Exp. Share and wreck the elite four and champion with my level 100 Rayquaza.

It's a level forty-something Rapidash and still in diamond.

archeops14

The First Bird
    Years
  • Mine was when I was playing on my sisters game to catch her Shaymin, when suddenly a Shiny Wingull appeared. Naturally, I caught it and traded it to her for a Dialga. I evolved it of course. Sadly, I lost that game card.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    Mine was when I was playing on my sisters game to catch her Shaymin, when suddenly a Shiny Wingull appeared. Naturally, I caught it and traded it to her for a Dialga. I evolved it of course. Sadly, I lost that game card.

My first shiny was my Ponyta in Diamond, thanks to chaining.

I named it Flakey after the character in Happy Tree Friends, and I did what I was doing with all my Pokemon at that time- Smack on a Exp. Share and wreck the elite four and champion with my level 100 Rayquaza.

It's a level forty-something Rapidash and still in diamond.

My first shiny is a shiny Cornscript in Quartz. (I made it obtainable, I wanted it SO much!) My sister says shinies in hacks don't count. I think they do. But my first (and only) shiny in an official unhacked game in an unhacked cartridge is my shiny Tengela in Crystal.

Reading all of this makes me jealous. I want more shinies! I'd love to get a shiny Wingull. I like Pelipper.

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    First shiny? Fished my way to a shiny horsea. So lucky cuz its not chainable and its my favorite pokemon :D. I was looking for a gyarados for pokedex, too. I found something a LOT better haha.

Later (when the game came out) I chained a magnemite, larvitar, nincada, and absol for their shinies.

Caranciio

Doof?
    Years
  • My first and only shiny that I've randomly encountered was a shiny Rapidash. Found it on Mt. Silver ironically enough, in Pokemon Heart Gold. I was really lucky to find such a pretty shiny :) I'm gonna be masuda-ing for a shiny Bidoof soon.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    My first and only shiny was a Roggenrola in Pokemon White. I named her Glimmer and she lives in a special PC box all to herself. :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    The first actual shiny that I caught was a shiny Pidgey back in LeafGreen.
    It's now a lv.47 Pidgeot on White.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • My first shiny was actually a Soft Reset shiny, which was a Charmander. Back in 2005, I heard about shiny pokemon and shiny hunting, which I started after I heard about it (I mean, 1/8192 chance of catching them and some of them have really cool colorations), so I reset my FireRed and SR'd for months, though I wasn't SRing it like every day or no-lifing it. And after 11,519 encounters (yes, I counted them on a sheet of paper and I still remember that number to this day), I finally got my own personal orange Charmander, which then evolved into orange Charmeleon, then to black Charizard!

tl;dr: My first shiny was a Charmander.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    My first shiny was actually a Soft Reset shiny, which was a Charmander. Back in 2005, I heard about shiny pokemon and shiny hunting, which I started after I heard about it (I mean, 1/8192 chance of catching them and some of them have really cool colorations), so I reset my FireRed and SR'd for months, though I wasn't SRing it like every day or no-lifing it. And after 11,519 encounters (yes, I counted them on a sheet of paper and I still remember that number to this day), I finally got my own personal orange Charmander, which then evolved into orange Charmeleon, then to black Charizard!

tl;dr: My first shiny was a Charmander.

All I have to say is: Determined.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen yesterday
    my fist shiny was a graveller in victory road inn diamon I was going to route 224 trapped so I could not save my game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The first shiny I found was Sableye in Sapphire, but I didn't get it. The first shiny Pokemon I caught was Koffing in Emerald.

.Alvin

Little Mons†er
    Years
  • The first shiny I encountered was back in the GSC days. I was training something on route 34, and I ran into a shiny Ratatta. I didn't know what the heck it was though, so I tried catching it aaaand no luck. My box was full. >:C fklsjdklgjskdgk

I've run into several others however
    Geodude on diamond
    Ghastly on pearl (Which I ran from on accident since I was EV training+not paying attention.)
    another Ghastly on Platinum when I was EV training in the old chateau
    Starly on Platinum
    and another Ghastly on Soul Silver
    Hatched:
    Beldum, Magikarp, Bidoof, Charmander on Platinum

Oh, and when i played pokemon shiny gold on an emulator, i found a shiny ratatta before i had pokeballs.

Back