• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First team ive worked on.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
    Adamant Nature ( +Atk -Spatk)
    -Dragon Claw
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Roost

I would love to have dragon dance on him, but it is just such a pain to breed into it, and im not sure which pokemon i would use for breeding it, since he is a male i would need to get a female bagon and then a male pokemon with dragon dance =/

Crobat (M) @ Quick Claw
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Ev's: 252 Speed/ 252 Spatk / 4 Spdef
    Timid Nature ( +Spd, -Atk)
    -Confuse Ray
    -Toxic
    -Mean Look
    -Baton Pass

Crobat is just one of my favorite pokemon, but i dont think he is that good, as a baton passer he helps as he can go first with mean look and then get out of there for something that is super effective against the trapped pokemon. Also for the confuse + poison + mean look.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Ev's: 252 Hp/ 252 Spdef / 4 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch

nothing special here, just a snorlax wall, curse for boosting defense and rest for healing, earthquake and crunch for good physical attacks.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Ev's: 252 Atk/ 180 Speed/ 78Spatk
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Defence)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch

McIcegar yay

Leafeon (M) @ Scope Lens
    Trait: Leaf Guard
    Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Synthesis
    -Aeriel Ace

a leafsweeper? XD. i used scope lens to boost the chance of crit on leaf blade, which is already powerful with swords dance.

Starmie (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Ev's: Spatk 252/ Speed 252/ Spdef
    Modest Nature(+Satk, -Atk)
    -Surf
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot

Last edited:

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    DD Mence is awsome. use a gyarados(with dragon Dance and Hydro Pump just in case you want a specsmence later) to breed with a female salamence.

Rest Talk Snorlax is also another good option that i like using.

Snorlax@Leftovers
    Careful/Sassy
    244Hp / 30 Def / 236SDef
    -Body Slam / Return
    -Crunch
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

i like body slam, because i like that change of paralyzing things

im not sure about the gengar thou, but i tend to use a scarf gengar with Hp Ice or Fighting.
    fighting for weavile (focus blast isn't that reliable)

you don't have a decent physical wall. i suggest something like bronzong, skarmory, gliscor, forretress who can set up SR, Spikes and etc, over leafeon

You also don't have a rapid spinner. which can be troublesome if the opponent has set up layers of Toxic spikes. i suggest you change that starmie to a bulkymie.

Starmie@leftovers
    Timid
    172Hp/120 SAtk/ 216Spd
    -Thunderbolt
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -Rapid Spin

eh thats all i can say.

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
    Adamant Nature ( +Atk -Spatk)
    -Dragon Claw
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Roost

I would love to have dragon dance on him, but it is just such a pain to breed into it, and im not sure which pokemon i would use for breeding it, since he is a male i would need to get a female bagon and then a male pokemon with dragon dance =/

I would rather a BulkyMence or CBMence here.

Salamence@Choice Band
    Adamant/Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Brick Break / Earthquake

or

Salamence@Leftovers/Life Orb
    Jolly
    220 HP, 12 Atk, 196 Def, 76 Spd

Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Roost

Crobat (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Inner Focus
    Ev's: 160 HP, 124 Sp. Atk 216 Spd
    Timid Nature ( +Spd, -Atk)
    -Air Slash
    -Hypnosis
    -Taunt
    -U-Turn

Crobat is just one of my favorite pokemon, but i dont think he is that good, as a baton passer he helps as he can go first with mean look and then get out of there for something that is super effective against the trapped pokemon. Also for the confuse + poison + mean look.

Crobat is best used as a lead, so consider that. It has the fastest Hypnosis in the game aside from Scarf. Taunt screws over Gyarados leads that want to DD (EQ/Waterfall varients) but more importantly stops the likes of Bronzong/Hippowdon from setting up in the beginning. U-Turn lets you switch out with damage and also can allow you to scout an opposing set.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Ev's: 252 Hp/ 252 Spdef / 4 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    -Curse / Sleep Talk
    -Rest
    -Earthquake / Crunch
    -Body Slam

nothing special here, just a snorlax wall, curse for boosting defense and rest for healing, earthquake and crunch for good physical attacks.

Body Slam for STAB, and consider crunch for the 3rd slot. Rest-Talk is a good choice on Snorlax, but if you prefer Curse, then go for it.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Ev's: 252 Atk/ 180 Speed/ 78Spatk
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Defence)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch

McIcegar yay

McIcegar without the Ice... I seriously don't like these sets. The only Physical move that Gengar should ever run is Explosion. If it suits, go for it, but personally I would go full sp. sweeper.

Leafeon (M) @ Leftovers/Lum Berry/Life Orb/Salac Berry
    Trait: Leaf Guard
    Ev's: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Substitute
    -Aeriel Ace

a leafsweeper? XD. i used scope lens to boost the chance of crit on leaf blade, which is already powerful with swords dance.

Scope Lens is banned. I have lonely yet aren't using any Sp. Attacking moves, so Adamant is prefered here. I'm not to sure on the set, but Aerial Ace seems...lacking. Also, Substitute over Synthesis please. There are so many Hail and Sandstorm teams out there that it is really just a waste of a slot.

Starmie (M) @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Ev's: 252 Sp, Atk, 216 Spd, 40 HP
    Modest/Timid Nature(+Satk, -Atk)
    -Surf
    -Psychic
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

If you're not using it as a Rapid Spinner, then you want Life Orb or Choice Specs. Thunderbolt covers Gyarados, and anything that Grass Knot would achieve a combination of Thunderbolt and Surf does better.

well there, edits in bold.

~T_S

DeoTheDemolisher

Be Aware Of What You Wish For
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    Don't get into competive battling if your to lazy to breed something to get a move that could make all the difference in a heated battle.

Anyone who is anybody will see that set coming for crobat and probally switch into a wall to survive a hit from the "super effective pokemon".

Ok well snorlax is ever so predictable.

sub punching gengar is yuck! Try Denstiny bond on gengar that might work far better with sludge bomb for STAB and to take out annoying grass types.

Scope lens is to risky you might find yourself relying on the item to get you passed pokemon and you'll find out more than often it fails you.

Starmie is ok. Looks like your standard starmie to me.

All together your team is predictable and boring. But good nonetheless.
    ALL these pokemon are SO common with new trainers making their first good team. I hope you see how boring it is to battle with all OU pokemon. Its just not fun.

Good team keep it up ;)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Don't get into competive battling if your to lazy to breed something to get a move that could make all the difference in a heated battle.

Anyone who is anybody will see that set coming for crobat and probally switch into a wall to survive a hit from the "super effective pokemon".

Ok well snorlax is ever so predictable.

sub punching gengar is yuck! Try Denstiny bond on gengar that might work far better with sludge bomb for STAB and to take out annoying grass types.

Scope lens is to risky you might find yourself relying on the item to get you passed pokemon and you'll find out more than often it fails you.

Starmie is ok. Looks like your standard starmie to me.

All together your team is predictable and boring. But good nonetheless.
    ALL these pokemon are SO common with new trainers making their first good team. I hope you see how boring it is to battle with all OU pokemon. Its just not fun.

Good team keep it up ;)

No one cares if it's predictable and boring. AT ALL. This post has some spam, and some helpful advice.

Focus Punching is a pretty good move on Gengar, from my experiances. But I guess Explosion could go over it. Sludge Bomb is pathetic on Gengar, it doesn't need two STABs in both Sbomb and Sball.

Back