• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Two Hours (Spoilers)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Hello everyone! I know not everyone has seen the video from GameXplain or know what some people are talking about.

Another thing, I don't think there is a thread compiling a list of what we know in the first 2 hours. However, PokeJungle has made a list and I wanted to bring it over here for speculation.

Proceed at your own risk. There are spoilers. Also remember, this stuff is confirmed.

To give PokeJungle their credit, here is the link: https://pokejungle.net/2016/10/16/two-hours-in-alola-what-weve-learned/

Here is a link to GameXplain's Video: (I think this is the right one, they have a lot of videos) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvPopri64yo

Here is the info straight from PokeJungle, and I want to try to explain things that we have already seen and stuff I have said in other threads about this. However, there is info spread through other threads.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Mechanics:
    Spoiler:

General:

Spoiler:

Story/Characters: (Major Spoilers for Some)

Spoiler:

I think that is all for now. Remember this is all form the First 2 Hours of gameplay and is confirmed. I do not think this is the Demo. This was actual gameplay.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Thank you for summing it all up! I saw that video on youtube but didn't have the courage to watch it in its entirety ahahah

A lot of interesting stuff in here, can't wait to have the game in my hands!

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Several trials before the Kahuna? Hmm... This might debunk the "only seven trials" thing, as well as confirm another Melemele trial.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Putting my reply in a spoiler just in case. :)

Spoiler:

Years
  • The fact that there are unrevealed pokemon (both new and alolan forms) is exciting, especially that early in the game. Looking back to X and Y, there weren't as many new pokemon early on - basically just Bunnelby, Fletchling, Scatterbug, Flabebe and Litleo, to name a few, and even those were spread out fairly sparsely across the first few hours. Even after that it felt like encountering a new pokemon took a bit of effort because they were spread so thin. Don't get me wrong, I love having options, but it just felt like finding a new pokemon wasn't as exciting as it had been in previous generations, where it seemed like every patch of grass had something new.

I'm hoping there's a slightly better distribution of the new pokemon this time around, and based on the information given it certainly sounds like that's the case.

Other notes:

I'm glad that the sneaking mechanic is no longer a thing, and that running is now the default - sneaking was just a pain, as was constantly holding down the B Button. I *am* hoping for some iteration of the DexNav to return though. It was a fun feature.

Not happy that I can't use the D-Pad anymore. It's more of a personal thing, but I grew up using the D-Pad for everything and the analog just doesn't feel as comfortable.

*Several trials. I wonder if it's been debunked that there are only seven trials? I had read on one of the reviews that someone had said seven, but I'm hoping for more than that.

Years
  • Running being the default movement is a bit of an issue since some of us liked having the option to both walk and run. D-Pad not being used to move in the overworld was something I expected due to the overworld no longer being grid-based, but I could still see it used in the Bag and Pokemon menu and the Pokedex.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Wait, they say the sneaking up on Pokemon mechanic has been removed? What do they mean? Do they mean that Pokemon can pop up randomly in the overworld, and you can just run to them and battle them? Or do they mean that wild Pokemon can't pop up in the overworld anymore?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like how the default movement is running and that it is available right from the off. One thing that irked me about X/Y was you were almost forced into using the roller skates if you wanted to move faster than standard movement.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Wait, they say the sneaking up on Pokemon mechanic has been removed? What do they mean? Do they mean that Pokemon can pop up randomly in the overworld, and you can just run to them and battle them? Or do they mean that wild Pokemon can't pop up in the overworld anymore?
    They probably mean that they won't show up in the OW to look for.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    From the sounds of it the games are gonna take at least like... 20 hours at minimum just to complete trials (unless my maths is off?) that and story... is this gonna be the longest Pokemon game ever? lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Wait, they say the sneaking up on Pokemon mechanic has been removed? What do they mean? Do they mean that Pokemon can pop up randomly in the overworld, and you can just run to them and battle them? Or do they mean that wild Pokemon can't pop up in the overworld anymore?

I think the video meant that only sneaking was removed. It is possible that there will be something similar as the Dexnav, we just don't have to sneak to get them. It is possible that we can't spook them anymore.

I do not think it has been confirmed that DexNav has been removed, but it is possible. They said they wanted to make shiny pokemon a bit more common a while ago when XY first came out, so I am not sure why they would remove the feature completely.

Also, I would say the D-Pad will still be usable for the Menus and what not. Not sure why they would completely remove D-Pad usability from the games when even the newest DS, still has the D-Pad.

As for Default Speed being running. I think they just mean that we don't need running shoes anymore. There has been times in trailers where we have seen the characters walking, not running, so we might have a choice. And of course, we will probably have a bike and... maybe skates... not sure on skates.

Last edited:
    Back