• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First video game

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Other than the computer games that I would play I didn't get my first video game until Pokemon Gold and Silver on my eighth birthday. I remember opening the gifts and the first thing I asked was 'Where's my batteries' no 'thank you' or anything, just 'where's the batteries'.

Then once I got batteries (after my dad teased to me about not getting batteries until Christmas) I settled down and started playing Pokemon Silver. Yup.

Years
  • First I owned was PKMN Blue. First I played? Not sure, but I remember playing and loving Disney's Hercules game back in the 90s.

TY

Hehe my very first video game... good times...

It happens to be Command & Conquer: Red Alert 1, love this game still, though it looks very ugly...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My first game

was back in 1994, my grandma got me a SNES for my 9th birthday, and the first game I remember playing was "Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind" the next game she got me was "Super Mario World" - today I no longer have the SNES console, but I found SNES emulator and still today my grandma and I still play Bubsy game.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • I'm going to assume something like Super Mario 64 or Mario Kart 64.

'Cause my family got a N64 when I was 1 and I must've played it around that time. Ie:1997-1999.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The first game I remember was Super Mario World. Yes, I was a Nintendo fangirl even at that young age. XD;

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • My very first video game was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis. <3 I first played it at the age of 4 since my cousins would bring their Sega over. At the time my parents, sister, and I were living there so we got to see them a lot. My younger cousin Travis told me to play it and ever since then i've been hooked. xD

Theta Rex

Euclid
    Years
  • Well, it may or may not have been my first video game, but the earliest one I can recall playing was Super Mario Land for the GameBoy. I remember my mom used to play it all the time way back then, and eventually I picked it up and gave it a shot. Unlike her though, I was never all that good at it. That midway-or-so stage with all the Easter Island guys was usually the furthest I ever got.

The old Sonic games on the Megadrive/Genesis, specifically 1 and 2, are other possibilities, though unfortunately my memory isn't good enough for me to know for sure.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • When I was little I used to play Commander Keen on the PC. That, plus some other old DOS games, are probably my earliest gaming memories. I never owned a console or handheld until the Game Boy Color but I remember playing various games on my friends' NES/SNES/GB when I'd go over to visit - Star Fox, Super Mario Bros., and Duck Hunt are the ones that stick out the most.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My first ever game was surprise surprise, Bubble Bobble C64, when I was 3. I even used an amstrad controller for it while playing alongside my mother.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    First game, Super Mario Bros VS in the arcade. First game owned was Super Mario Bros for NES in 1987. Same Same, eh?

Meowthison

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2012
    My father had me on the computer at age 2. The very first game I played was an interactive Thomas the Train CD-rom, and I've been playing video games ever since.

Just in case you're wondering, my vision is jacked.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Super Mario Bros for the SNES, despite being born three years before the end of the 20th century.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • My very first video game was Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Gameboy Advance.The game itself was fairly challenging. I was introduced to it when I was about five, and that's when Mario became one of my heroes. I wanted to wear overalls ALL the time like Mario, I dressed up as Mario for every Halloween until I was ten, heck, I wanted a moustache like Mario's when I grew up. He was a big part of my childhood, and I'll never forget Mario.

Years
  • My first first game was some clifford point n' click game when I was like...5

But my first game that got me hooked on gaming would be...and I know no one is gonna believe me but it was...World of Warcraft at age 7....yes I was apparently smart enough to play a rpg like WoW when I was only 7. Along with WoW, I played the original Diablo around that time

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Mine is "Super Mario". I can remember those days I spend lots of time with that game.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure my first game was Pokemon Crystal which I got with a Game Boy Advanced as a Christmas Present which I played solidly for 6 years. Shortly after getting Pokemon Crystal though, I did get both Spyro the Dragon: Enter the Dragonfly and the first Jak and Daxter game getting a PS2.

Back