• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fishing in R/S/E

maelstrom209

The Voice Inside Your Head
    Years
    I've gotten to the 6th gym and throughout that time I haven't fished once. It's mainly because I wanted to get to Lilycove City in Emerald so that I can catch Staryu. So I tried fishing for the first time and often times it'll say "Oh, a bite... but it got away" I don't know how to actually obtain the Pokemon that bit on the rod. Any hints, techniques that I should know about? I don't remember it being this hard to fish for Pokemon in the 1st and 2nd gen games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Well, if I remember correctly, you press "A' everytime it says "Oh, a bite." Sometimes you only need to do this once, sometimes more than once.

Oh, a bite! (press A)
    Oh, a bite! (press A again)
    Oh, a bite! (A again)

And so on. It can repeat itself for a while and the dots in between aren't always the same amount.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    This should of went in simple questions.

But yeah like dc916 said you have to press a everytime you get a bite

Back