• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FITNESS THREAD!!!

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I do full body exercises 3-4 times a week. Gonna start lifting when I'm stronger. My goal's to be muscular and eventually start boxing/wrestling. :)

Azelfino

Willpower
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I try to work out at home or the park 6 days a week, short and intense full body exercise/cardio. Just training to maintain health, I have no specific goal.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Eating clean is no fun but it becomes a lifestyle.
    scuse me

Healthy food is the best choice in every aspect as long as you know how to prepare it. If done properly, it totally outranks whatever fast food chain one's used to before starting that habit.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    I'm not that out of shape, but I would like to lose a little bit of weight, just to better myself. I've been dieting for the past 3 weeks and it's going great, but I'm scared I'll give up. I mean, like I said, I'm not really out of shape, I'd just like to get better.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    MY FITNESS THREAD WASN'T THIS POPULAR down with all of you tbqh

i'll need to get back into running this fall if i want to be ready for the track season in the spring, because the summer hasn't been kind to my state of fitness (i haven't gained significant weight or anything, i just definitely couldn't take a light jog without feeling expended too quickly atm)

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i'm pretty good at avoiding junk food aside from the occasional Taco Bell to cheer me up.

for the most part my workouts just consist of me jogging for 30 minutes a day and/or yoga for however long i feel like doing it. if i'm not jogging or doing yoga that day, i'm probably over at my friend's swimming for at least an hour.

.. and if i'm not swimming i'm being a lazy computer potato. :x

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I run occasionally. I swim occasionally. I eat well sometimes.

I wouldn't say I'm exceptionally fit but I'm healthy enough. I wouldn't do anything overly strenuous to get temporarily fitter in the short term but run the risk having crippling injuries down the line! I'd just like to be reasonably healthy for as long as possible I guess.
    that's so moderate, George! How decent of you!

If we didn't live in the sticks I could bike ride. If I had money for a subscription I could go to the gym.

If I had arms, I could kill myself. If I had legs, I could run away. If I had a voice, I could talk and be some kind of company for myself.

8)

Years
    I started walking recently, just half a mile each day. Which is nothing compared to what I used to walk but I'm so out of shape now at least it's a start. I'm trying to eat healthier too.

Years
    If you were challenged (that's all of you) to walk at least 5000 steps a day in order to get or maintain fitness, would you do it?

For those of you who run or bike and stuff I guess this isn't relevant.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    If you were challenged (that's all of you) to walk at least 5000 steps a day in order to get or maintain fitness, would you do it?

For those of you who run or bike and stuff I guess this isn't relevant.

I tracked my average work day. I walk 3000 steps each way in my morning commute to work, and generally hit around 10-13k + 5k if I go for a lunchtime run (once or twice a week)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i've had a weird relationship with fitness

was really overweight, went hard and lost a ton, i've gained some weight back since but it's so strange... i regained my confidence and life back when i lost all my weight and even though i have gained some back i remain changed as a person. i now exude the same confidence i had when i was really slim. it's helped me so much in life. but anyway now that summer is on it's way out im heading back on my grind... i had to experience my first summer being 21 full throttle thehehe

Years
    I exercise a lot since I'm a dancer. I train Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday including having lessons on Tuesday, Friday on Saturday. Throughout the week I also teach lessons and dance socially so I'm generally active for at least an hour every day and generally more like 4-6 (if not more).

On top of that I do go through phases where I do bodyweight exercise regimes to increase my strength.

Edit: Oh and I generally don't eat too badly either since I enjoy a lot of healthier foods and am on a special diet to look after my teeth (very little sugary and acidic food). I do go through small phases where I go "screw it" and eat a rather large amount of junk food though.

pkmin3033

My Pokewalker tells me I do an average of around 5000 steps every day; I go out for a walk twice a day (weather permitting) just to get out of the house. I've never been terribly interested in physical fitness but I had a very active childhood that has implanted in me a desire to get out and just enjoy the scenery every now and then.

Beyond the occasional morning or afternoon stroll, though...noooo way. My hobbies and interests do not require my body to be in good shape, and I'm afflicted with chronic laziness, so exercise is out of the question. It's a dirty word in this house. xD

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    I used to work out at least 5 days a week (Alternating cardio 3 days out of those) when I lived in Canada. After I moved to Scotland I had a hard time motivating myself to actually go to the gym (and me being stubborn refused to translate kilograms into pounds even though it's not that difficult).

I honestly miss weightlifting a lot because whenever I do go to the gym I get all sad because I've lost a ton of strength. I used to be able to squat about 200 pounds, but now I can barely lift 160. Weightlifting also did a lot to regulate my moods (I'm a moody individual) so really for my own benefit I should really get back into it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I have a gym membership and try to go at least once a week since it's located far from my place, but I do try to work out at home at least 3 times a week. I also go for pole fitness classes once a week. I don't want to lose weight or anything, but just to get fit.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I don't go to the gym, but I do play Volleyball on Tuesdays and Netball on Wednesdays. I used to play tennis regularly earlier in the year too, but considering it's Winter here, the courts haven't been that conducive to play.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I just went back to the gym for the first time in a good 2 and a half weeks (due to a holiday) and darn was it ever difficult to get back into the grind =_=;; but the worst part was mustering up the motivation to get my lazy ass to the gym in the first place.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Ha! Fitness, yes. The thing I do because being fat and the thought of gaining weight is absolutely nightmareish to me. Also, healthiness is good.

It was difficult for me to do in the past. Due to he fact that mustering motivation to drive out there into the actual world, to the gym or to ride a bike in a street full of cars... well, that was hard. I like to just stay in my room all day. BUT! I figured out a way so I don't have to go anywhere at all! And still stay fit.

I play Wi-Fit everyday, religiously. I mostly just use it to run in place and measure my miles, as that is the most intensive exercise. (I do that for around 30 to 40 minutes, five days a week.) I also measure my weight everyday. (Speaking of which, it is getting late and I should do that right now) And I watch what I eat. I don't really eat junk food very much, as whilst it takes good for a second, my brain makes me feel so painfully guilty that the taste is immediately supplanted by immense mental distress and pain. It's really really bad. I snack on wheat thins and dried fruit (actually really filling, and tastes loads better than it sounds), and pretty much just live on that, cereal, and some rice/meat bowl I make real quick. Also, I eat low calorie foods off of a gas station's menu a lot too, as we like to go out due to the fact that we get bored of eating the same thing becaus I'm not really into cooking right now. (It's not a regular gas station though. Their food is one of their main focuses and is really high-quality. Resturant-like stuff. It takes them a while to make.)

Back