• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fitness!

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • On top of being a nerd, I am also a fit freak. I workout every day of the week, only taking Saturday nights off as my rest night. On top of that, I usually work out for 2+ hours a night, I like to get cardio and weight training in, so I am pretty extreme!

Do you work out? If so, what do you do? Are you a cardio calorie annihilator , or a weight lifting buff Arnold jr.? Explain some of your experiences encountered during a workout, and what results you have seen.

I myself am a huge Beachbody video program fanatic. The Insanity program by Shaun T. and P90X 1,2, and 3 by Tony Horton got me into working out. I usually go through the Insanity program during the spring and Summer, usually doing it about 4 rounds a year. I also have done Body Beast. All of these are great programs, and they are worth every penny. Google Beachbody if you are interested, they have programs for everybody.

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    I wish I had time to work out :( Maybe when I graduate. On breaks I like going on daily evening mile-long walks, and I do 200 jumping jacks a day so there's that I suppose

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm more of a cardio-kind-of-guy. I made it my New Year's resolution to compete in next year's Boston Marathon, so I've been training non stop since the year rolled around. I'm currently at 8 miles running, which even though there's a lot of progress that needs to made is very good for myself, considering before this year started the max I could run at a given time was 3 miles [:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Umm... I play Frisbee golf, does that count? :D

I also dance on occasions. I used to do it a lot more, but I've started slowing down. I do pop and lock, so it requires a lot of rapid muscle movements, and it tires me out pretty quickly. That, or I'm just not that fit. Well, I'm not fat, but probably not fit. :P

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Yep. I don't use any equipment. I just do pushups, situps and 2-8 mile run.

I'm doing about 250 pushups and situps every other day (in different sets, starting from 100, 75, 50, 25.

2 mile timed runs once a week, 3-8 mile free run for the rest of the week

I don't really like exercising either, I just do what I need to do to maintain my PT test scores that way I can keep my job.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Lol work out. My body makes it so that I could eat all the food I wanted, and not gain any weight. So there's no fat to really kill off. That being said, I'd really love abs D: I kindaaaa want a beachbod haha

King Kū

Outer-space is the limit
    Years
  • Eh, your typical Hawaiian teen I guess. My everyday life is filled with activity regardless.

I usually actually workout 3 hours a day four times a week. One hour is filled with swimming, one hour is filled with running, and one for some high intensity but low-weight training.

I do Kapu Kuialua (native martial art) like, 3 times a week, so on those days I won't set aside an actual workout time until after the class.

But like I said, my day is active either way. I walk everywhere, there's not much point in getting a bus or taking a car in Hilo unless you're late. I generally surf, swim, run, and fight with friends all for fun anyways. So I usually get a decent night's sleep at least.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yes I used to be really big, but in total I've lost a little over a 100 pounds and now I really feel great. I'm all about cardio because I find weight training to be so boring, but lately I've been picking it up because I want to tone up my body. My best friend's mom is a personal trainer so she's given me a lot of tips and things I can do and it's been going well. I was flexing my arms today in the mirror (LOL) and I've noticed a lot more muscle and overall tightness so I'm really happy!!

For cardio I usually jog, but now that its FINALLY nicer out where I live I've been doing a lot of hiking. Idk if I would consider hiking cardio, but obviously if I'm hiking for two hours out of the day I'm not going to jog later too. Once it's offically warm out I'm going to be swimming everyday. I love swimming and I've been feeling great about my body and I just want to go to the beach everyday this summer!!! Luckily I also have a pool in case that doesn't work out tehe.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • As someone with fast metabolism, I should also work out in order to gain weight. I kind of have to.

That being said, I don't know when I'm going to start, and what I'm going to do.

King Kū

Outer-space is the limit
    Years
  • As someone with fast metabolism, I should also work out in order to gain weight. I kind of have to.

That being said, I don't know when I'm going to start, and what I'm going to do.
    Yeah, it can become a problem.

I had to go to a dietitian because I was losing weight too fast and often. I have to eat double the caloric intake of what a normal male adult eats in one day. It can be fun and it can suck.

Better than being the polar opposite though.

Years
  • My daily routine only consists of weightless squats, push-ups, bicycle crunches, and leg lifts; exercises that I can do at home without having to step foot into the gym. I've never been fond of hardcore workouts because they're kind of boring and repetitive, personally. So I'd much rather prefer to play sports instead. My routine is more to keep myself in shape and not so lazy, groggy feeling whenever I wake up.

Years
  • I began a new workout regime this past week actually! What I do is at a pace of walk 3-3½ mph on a treadmill for 25-30 minutes twice a week at my school's gym. However, it might not be much for now, but I do hope to expand my workout in the coming weeks.

Years
  • I work out Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7 in the weight room, and then Tuesdays and Thursdays I do running from 6-7. Fridays usually consist of both.

Years
  • Does the fact that my job, which I have in the seasons i'm not living on campus, involves walking around and pulling lots of carts and lugging bins of trash count? :P

Years
  • I've finally got my bench press from 115 to 135 and my squat from 150 to 175. It might not seem like much, but it's been a long time coming (amid schoolwork and all that).

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I've finally got my bench press from 115 to 135 and my squat from 150 to 175. It might not seem like much, but it's been a long time coming (amid schoolwork and all that).

Excellent work! There is indeed a lack of hours in the day, so any workout is a good one, and can produce results. I hope you continue to raise your max reps over the looming summer.

Yes I used to be really big, but in total I've lost a little over a 100 pounds and now I really feel great. I'm all about cardio because I find weight training to be so boring, but lately I've been picking it up because I want to tone up my body. My best friend's mom is a personal trainer so she's given me a lot of tips and things I can do and it's been going well. I was flexing my arms today in the mirror (LOL) and I've noticed a lot more muscle and overall tightness so I'm really happy!!

For cardio I usually jog, but now that its FINALLY nicer out where I live I've been doing a lot of hiking. Idk if I would consider hiking cardio, but obviously if I'm hiking for two hours out of the day I'm not going to jog later too. Once it's offically warm out I'm going to be swimming everyday. I love swimming and I've been feeling great about my body and I just want to go to the beach everyday this summer!!! Luckily I also have a pool in case that doesn't work out tehe.

I'm glad to hear about your results! It pays in the end. It might be hard during those long winter months, but when you feel great about yourself and in general come summer, it truly pays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I've already reached my weight goal awhile back, my main problem is trying to keep it that way for the most time, I eat and don't get fat, I was happy about that, but I learned I still gain weight and get heavy, but I didn't bother to find out if that was at all a bad thing, so I still keep the same eating habits to try and stay as I currently am.

I prefer doing cardio at least everyday, presumably jogging, track, jumping jacks, and mostly basic warp-up, sometimes I miss it but, it isn't like I stop.

Years
  • I am doing a lot of fitness
    4 Times a week I am hitting the sandbag (or other people :D) in the boxing gym
    and in addition to this i am go to lift 2 times per week and 2 times per week doing bodyweight exercices and last but not least 1 time per week I am going on a run (I try to hold my weight because I am a slooooow weigh gainer I have to look after that :/ )

Back