• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Flags reset when leaving the room

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Hello there,

In a Romhack of Firered I'm making, I am having Copycat give Fairium Z alongside teaching Mimic, but I also want the player to be able to refuse Mimic and come back for it later (which I do using a flag, in specific 0x8). The script works currently but for some reason gets cleared when leaving Copycat's room. Any ideas on why?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Have you tried using a different flag? I'm not sure how the game handles 0x8.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Upon trying the same script with 0x4E the script seemed to work but the game thought the flag was already on

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Not necessarily. From what you said, 0x8 didn't work and that's not mentioned here. I know for a fact that 200 through 229 is fair game at the very least.

Back