• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flaming Eternity

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Hey. I was just wondering if anyone bought some packs of Flaming Eternity yet. I bought my first two of them. In one pack, I got a Ultimate Rare 1st Edition King Dragun. It's a very good card. If you can keep it on the field, you can Special Summon Blue-Eyes or Red-Eyes to the field.

Years
    That's cool!I was looking at what you can get in these the other day.I want Gearfried the SwordsMaster!He's so awesome XD.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Me too^^ Though you need a Spell card to summon him. It's called Release Restraint. And I have it too.

Years
    Just a minor bump in the road XD.I had Guardian Gral for the longest time without Gravity Axe.The unny thing was Gravity Axe was a common XD.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    XD I have Gravity Axe, but no Gaurdian XD Here's the stats on King Dragun:

Name: King Dragun
    Attribute: DARK
    Stars: 7
    Type: Dragon/Fusion/Effect
    ATK/DEF: 2400/1100
    Lord of D. + Divine Dragon Ragnarok
    Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target Dragon-Type monsters for the effect of a Spell, Trap, or Monster Card. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Monster from your hand to your side of the field.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    I haven't heard of this packet yet.Here in Wollongong we don't even have Dark beggining.But this packet sounds cool and i'll get some when they come out.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    That's cool I guess. I wouldn't have traded SS LV5 though. Ha Des is easier to get now than he used to be.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Note that Flaming Eternity is not tournament legal until April 1, 2005.

The best card in the set is definitely Lightning Vortex. For a discard of one card you can destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field. That makes for a good combo with Ceasefire (or Desert Sunlight I suppose).

The most wanted card is the Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys. It's a 2400 ATK 7 star monster. If it is destroyed as a result of a Spell, Trap, or effect monster effect, it is Special Summoned during your next Standby Phase. When it does so, all Spells and Traps on the field are destroyed. The effect works even if you destroyed the monster yourself by Torrential Tribute or something like that. It even got its own support card (Hand of Nephthys; tribute it and another monster to summon Nephthys from the hand or deck) This card is Limited to one per deck for good reason.

I do not think Gearfried the Swordmaster is very good. Remember, you need two cards to bring it out (Iron Knight and Release Restraint). The effect is nice, but you need equips to make it work. In order to use its effect to the max, your deck has to have many equips. So if you only have an Iron Knight and no Release Restraint you cannot use those equips. Also note that since the Swordmaster's text says "...You can not Special Summon this monster except by the effect of 'Release Restraint'..." that means it is a Nomi monster. A Nomi monster is a monster that even though you can special summon it, you cannot get it back from the graveyard with recursion later on(Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, etc.). Gearfried really cannot be in a competitive deck.

Last edited:

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    Yes, I know they're not Legal just yet. I want the Sacred Phoenix of Nephtys too, but my best card so far is my Ultimate Rare 1st Edition King Dragun. I have one of the Hand of Nephtys', but no Phoenix XD Lightniny Vortex isn't as good as Raigeki, but it's good enough once you think about the ban lists (if they decide to fully use them here).

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Vagabond Aeon said:
    Got an Ultimate Rare Granmarg and Silent Swordsman LV5. Using Granmarg in my deck, traded Silent for Ha Des (for use in an upcoming Fiend deck).
    I also got a Granmarg and I use it in my drck as well. I also think that Silent Swordman Level 5 is also a good trade for Hades even if you were not to make a Fiend deck.

Seto7Kaiba

LunaticJohnny
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 5, 2005
    My brother had gotten three packs and got all the fusion hexs.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I hear that Granmarg has been pulled in the booster packs to the dismay of many. Note that if you summon it and your opponent has no facedown cards (let's just say a gravity bind), you may have to end up destroying one of your own facedown cards.

Mobius the Frost Monarch is superior to Granmarg because it can potentially even out the card advantage (2 for 2). Also, Mobius will be coming in the Fury of the Deep structure deck being released to North America in May.

Vagabond Aeon

The Last In Line
    Years
    That might be, but Granmarg has a small advantage over Mobius in that he can target both Monsters and S/T cards. I understand he's not useful if you're the only one with f/ds on the field, but then again, you're not gonna summon him if that's the case amirite?

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    That is true, but not always gonna happen. Granmarg can be stopped, effects and all. It all depends on you and your opponent.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Any of the Monarchs can be stopped in my opinion. Mobius, despite being my favorite monster of all time, you can just not have any spells and or traps. Granmarg is make sura that there are only face up cards. Thestalos can only be stopped if your opponent has no cards in your hand and especially no monsters. Finally, the only drawback of Zaborg is that you should only summon it if there are at least one other monster on the field. Otherwise it will destrot itself. I like all the monarchs buth they all can be easily stopped. Anyway, has anyone got a Gearfreed the Swordsmaster or Nephstys yet.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Any monster can be stopped. It's just what impact it could potentially have on the duel that makes it great.

Cards from FET that will be on the Limited/Semi-Limited List starting April 1:

Limited: Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys, Lightning Vortex
    Semi-Limited: Good Goblin Housekeeping (you draw cards equal to the number of GGH in your graveyard during resolution; hence, if you activate three and use Emergency Provisions to send them all to the graveyard, you gain 3000LP and draw 12 cards)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Originally posted by PrimeCupEevee-

Also note that since the Swordmaster's text says "...You can not Special Summon this monster except by the effect of 'Release Restraint'..." that means it is a Nomi monster. A Nomi monster is a monster that even though you can special summon it, you cannot get it back from the graveyard with recursion later on (Premature Burial, Call of the Haunted, etc.).

Actually, once you summon those "Nomi" monsters, you can bring them back from the graveyard with other cards. It only works when you special summon the monster with it's own effect first, though.

I, also, thought that you could not bring those guys back, until I pulled a tip card out of a Dark Beginnings pack and it said the very same thing I posted above- you cannot otherwise summon a "special summon only" monster unless the effect of the special summon is carried out first.

Just some FYI for everyone :rambo:

Back