• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Flare Blitz Flareon nao- GSC Monospecies Challenge

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Well, looks like I'm the next one to finish.

Name : Costa
    Time: 53:48
    Pokemon:

Politoed @ lvl 75
    Leftovers
    Hydro Pump
    Hypnosis
    Ice Punch
    Perish Song

Poliwrath @ lvl 81
    Quick Claw
    Waterfall
    DynamicPunch
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake

Poliwhirl @ lvl 77
    Amulet Coin
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Whirlpool
    Psychic

HM Slaves:
    Bellsprout lvl 5: Cut, Flash
    Geodude lvl 8: Strength, ROck SMash
    Noctowl lvl 10: Fly

Well, after clearing out Mahogany Base, I defeated Pryce, cleaned out Team ROcket in GOldenrod, then traveled to Blackthorn to beat Claire with a few handy Ice Punches. I challenged the Elite 4 10 times, and won each time, so that I could get Ice Beam from the tutor. After beating the Elite Four, I caught a Poliwag at Olivine. After training it to learn Hydro Pump, I traded it along with a King's Rock there and back with my friend to get a Politoed! This team of three demolished Kanto at a meager level 70. After some more massive training in Mount Silver, I challenged Red. Quick Claw saved me in the beginning, help me take out Pikachu with one Earthquake and Espeon got confused after a DynamicPunch. It wasn't able to hit me with Psychic, so I finished it with Waterfall. Charizard went down to Politoed, Venusaur suffered Perish Song while my Politoed took a Solarbeam for the team, then Poliwhirl got a Sleep on the switch to stop Suar. Psychic finished Blastoise in 8 hits, counting a FUll Restore. Snorlax had no answer against DynamicPunch, and I beat the game!

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 23, 2008
    Can i please do Hoot-Hoot?

also on some days thanks to fisherman ralph you can catch Qwifish with an old rod

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    lol. I love it ppl ask questions as if they are begging. It sounds so sad. If you want to sign up, if ur poke of choice isn't taken, just post saying "I'll take so-and-so."

qwilfish? If ur crazy enough to wait around for a long time for Ralph to call you... When do you get Old Rod again?

ShadowInfernape

Fire's Revenge
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    well finally got round to starting I just beat Goldenrod gym and just going to fight Sudowoodo

My team-
    Mareep Lv20 -Headbutt, Growl, Thunderpunch, Thunderwave.
    Mareep Lv19 -Fire Punch, Growl, Thundershock, THunderwave.
    Mareep lv 19 -Tackle , "","","".

Oh yeah also had a name change (formerly BidoofMaster)

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Hey guys. Just a reminder that the main part of the challenge is coming up soon. Sing-ups for this close in 11 days. After that, you have until 10:30 p.m. PST on Dec. 31, 2008 to finish up this challenge. After New Years' Day, the winner will be announced. I'm working on creating a cool banner that you can post in your sig if you win. I'll post it up later.

Currently, Angelic Diablo is in the lead. Can anoyne beat him? 0.0

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    sorry about not updating in so long, but I'm going to have to drop out, school is so busy right now

ShadowInfernape

Fire's Revenge
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    well guys, i have got alot on right now ad since i dont think i don't think ill finish by New Years im dropping out =(

Years
    Meh, I'm bumping this thread to say that I finally finished my challenge. I know bumping isn't allowed but technically it hasn't been a month since the latest reply unless I waited 6 more hours to reply here. I've been distracted with Platinum due to IV Breeding and Soft Resetting.

Anyway, I managed to beat Red in 10:19 using only an Exeggutor. I had 3 HM Slaves as well. Here's my final team after winning:

Exeggutor Level 75 @ Amulet Coin
    - Psychic
    - Sleep Powder
    - Leech Seed
    - Strength

HM Slaves:

Suicune Level 40
    - Waterfall
    - Surf
    - Whirlpool
    - Rain Dance

Comment: First time I ever used a Legendary as a HM slave. Caught it with a Master Ball to save time.

Pidgey Level 2
    - Tackle
    - Fly

Bellsprout Level 7
    - Vine Whip
    - Growth
    - Flash
    - Cut

Comment: Don't understand the logic of Bellsprout learning Flash but at least it help me navigate Mt. Silver much easier. That was the only time I used Flash.

I also added a couple pictures in my album.

I'm just glad I finished what I started. Turning off battle animations sure made the game go by much faster.

Back