• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash! North Korea has Tested a Nuclear Weapon

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    CNN.com said:
    The North said last week it would conduct a nuclear test as part of its deterrent against a possible U.S. invasion.

That's a little frightening to here. China and Japan agreed to get into action about this.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Yeah, someone told me about it today that they were making nuclear bombs underground. I don't want more fighting in the world, we already have the fights in Iraq.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Yeah, someone told me about it today that they were making nuclear bombs underground. I don't want more fighting in the world, we already have the fights in Iraq.
    ...and in Sudan and in Columbia and the Ivory Coast and in the Congo and in so many other countries, there's nearly always at least one conflict going on.

Anyway, this kind of freaks me out since a few of the countries that are going to get involved have the potential to pull their allies in and then we might have something pretty big on our hands.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If theres going to be a war, I dont think it should be started through nuclear weapons, and it's happened so cant the countries forget about it, try to prevent it in the future and move on. & If there was a war, would families stop their children from associating with others from certain contries that are involved in the middle of it?

<3 Nica--Dont like wars

Croconaw

Herro dere :3 can i help youz?
    Years
    I saw this on GMA. They make some stupid decissions. If they DO fire the missles, there gonna be in a a lot of trouble. A new war is gonna erupt and it'll be Vietnam all over again. Kinda.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Vietnam, we decided to meddle in. North Korea, they're actually shaking a stick at us. There's a significant difference.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    North Korea isn't what everyone should be worried about. I mean sure the second in command said "If the US doesn't come to one on one talks with us then we'll send a nuke over there". It's an empty threat. Kim Jong'Ll loves power, and he might be stupid, but he isn't that stupid. See, if he sends a nuke to the US then what will happen? We'd do one of two things.
    1: Send a cruse missile in his window and he wouldn't wake up happy.
    2: Go in there and drag him out on his butt and put him on trial.
    In both cases he's out for good.
    What people should be worried about is Iran. See, North Korea could send them a nuke and that Iran dude is crazy enough to pull off some stunt. What does he care if he gets taken out, he'll be taking a lot of people with him.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
    Holy crap, lately I've been so freaked about nuclear weapons! >_< I had to watch the movie 'The Day After' in history last week, and it shows what would happen if there were to be a nuclear holocaust in Kansas...Aaeeiii >_< Scary scary scary scary stuff....*shudders*

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Is North Korea trying to threaten us (us being the USA)?
    Seriously, they have 1, we have thousands. I just want to tell them, "don't piss us off."

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I found out today that one of the powerful Korean people threatened war if the US didn't stop pestering them or something.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    We can't go to war with these people, they will blow us off the map!
    No, the idea is, we'll blow them off the map if they start. And I don't think Kim Jong-Il i going to risk his life and country to provoke the US into launching a nuclear attack. Granted, it'd get us in trouble, but his country would be destroyed as collateral. For all I know North Korea won't use them, but they'll sell them to whoever has the audacity.

Sky_Ace

A life dedicated to animals.
    Years
    No, the idea is, we'll blow them off the map if they start. And I don't think Kim Jong-Il i going to risk his life and country to provoke the US into launching a nuclear attack. Granted, it'd get us in trouble, but his country would be destroyed as collateral. For all I know North Korea won't use them, but they'll sell them to whoever has the audacity.

You got a good point there... But, what if they launched first? (Bush being dumb)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    We can't go to war with these people, they will blow us off the map!
    Blow us off the map. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That'll be the day.
    Them blowing us off the map, that just made my day, thanks for the good laugh.....

You got a good point there... But, what if they launched first? (Bush being dumb)
    What good will it do? We got more subs out there then you can shake a stick at all of them have nukes far far more powerful then the ones we dropped on Japan. If NK nuked a city in the US then we'd make a parking lot out of them. And I'm pretty sure the US is keeping an eye on NK. If they do shoot one over here there's a good chance it'll be taken out before it gets here.

And if Bush is so dumb what would you do about it?

Blue Mew_16_2006

Jar Head
    Years
    Well I can speak for me and my bro. What would I do? Wage war and bomb them for a month non stop day and night...if it took that long...wich it wouldn't because there smaller than any country besides al salvador wich for those of you who dont k'now, al salvador is a tiny tiny country some where in south america some where under mexico.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Screw North Korea. Screw Kim Jong Il. Screw its government.

All I know is that Japan isn't going to stand for this, and neither is South Korea. But the fact remains unknown whether China will follow through with its threat.

I hate North Korea. I think Kim Jong Il should've never been born. Heck, I wish there was not Korean war in previous history and maybe, just maybe, this wouldn't happen.

Though, everybody hates North Korea. I hate it. You hate it. We all hate it. Even countries like Iran hate it.

And btw, the only totally confirmed countries in the Middle East with nucleur weapons are Israel and Pakastan, both of which are US Allies, and think Iran too, but I'm not sure.

Back